Just caught this and it is 6 days old, but | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just caught this and it is 6 days old, but

Yup, and that is why I can't understand all this talk about a RT for his blind side.

Oh, I wonder how well he can throw with his right hand.

Marcellus Wiley on Speak For Yourself said most QBs put the ball where you can catch it. Tua puts it where you can’t drop it. I know he has the skills. I was devils advocate to his injuries. Now that we have him and I have to adjust, that is a powerful statement in my mind to buy right in.

I always loved the skills...my thing was always that he hasn’t had a healthy starting season yet...and that after his freshman year great relief performance for Jalen Hurts in the championship game...he lost the biggest games the last two years and fans always use his injuries as excuses for losing to Clemson and LSU in 2018 & 2019 respectively.

The team seriously has to teach him use to his internal clock and get rid of the ball and avoid so many hits.

When I rewatched the LSU game last year he was taking a lot of hits...

QB’s are far more protected today than in the past....But Marino got rid of the ball quickly and only missed significant time on a non contact injury that one year.

I would like to see him start the season and never look back ... If he proves to be in the NFL what he has been since high school (or whenever Tuaites lol) then the OL is fine and he is strong enough IMO
I just don’t see the Dolphins playing him early in the year and I think letting him sit out the 2020 season while his hip fully heals would likely be the best thing for him.
He had major surgery on his hip the middle of November. Expecting him to be able to withstand the hits an NFL QB takes weekly less than a year after having this surgery just doesn’t make sense. I am not a big Fitzpatrick fan but I would rather see him playing behind their young and inexperienced offensive line while
Tua remains on the bench learning the offense and giving his hip more time to heal.

Like I've said since April 23rd..Miami is going to have a hrd time keeping him off the field.

Tua loves to dazzle in practice, he puts on a show. Flores plays you if you show up in practice and prove you belong. Day 1 of TC you'll see the special running through the throws. Players will know day 1 who the best qb is, and you best believe if Miami starts to struggle with Fitz there will be internal pressure to play him.

I just don’t see the Dolphins playing him early in the year and I think letting him sit out the 2020 season while his hip fully heals would likely be the best thing for him.
He had major surgery on his hip the middle of November. Expecting him to be able to withstand the hits an NFL QB takes weekly less than a year after having this surgery just doesn’t make sense. I am not a big Fitzpatrick fan but I would rather see him playing behind their young and inexperienced offensive line while
Tua remains on the bench learning the offense and giving his hip more time to heal.

To each his/her own ... if he's able to practice he will play ... 1st game or 8th .... he won't sit a year IMO ...

as far as what "I would rather" .... I would rather he start day 1 and never look back ... that was the point

For me the Issue with starting Tua early is that he is going to miss OTA's and mini camps. We are going to see an very unusual off season where there are no OTA's. Don't know about Mini Camps? These are the times that the playbooks get installed. Its going to be more difficult as a rookie to come in day one and "Take Over"

I say let Fitz Start and bring in Tua when he (and the organisation) is ready.

Marcellus Wiley on Speak For Yourself said most QBs put the ball where you can catch it. Tua puts it where you can’t drop it. I know he has the skills. I was devils advocate to his injuries. Now that we have him and I have to adjust, that is a powerful statement in my mind to buy right in.

Injuries aside, his completion %, accuracy, ability to lead a reciever, touch, QBR, vision, ball placement and ability to throw open make him the best QB prospect in a long time. We just need to build an amazing OL and let him drop dimes!

i didnt know it but tua is actually a righty...he does everything righty other than throw a football...apparently his dad taught him when he was young to throw it left handed
Fascinating. Really true?
What is the football advantage?

We really have to see what the pre season ends up looking like. If it is reduced to almost nothing then it's tough on the incoming players. But, if it's anything close to a normal pre-season then start the guy who's excelling in practice. If we start him we must protect him.

Some people people say he should play some people say he should red shirt O personally think it comes down to how they are playing, I'm all for Fitzpatrick going out in style.

Back
Top Bottom