Just checking in on you guys... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just checking in on you guys...

Slaine

Active Roster
Reaction score
...to wish you luck for the season.

It's been a pretty busy offseason for the Steelers but we've finally got rid of Troy 'locker room cancer' Edwards. Can't believe that the FO managed to get a draft pick for him. Randle El looks sensational and the rest of the rooks have provided pretty solid depth.

Looks like the Ricky trade was probably a good thing - roll on Sunday and some NFL football!!!

Hope you guys have a decent injury free season right up until we meet at Heinz Field in the playoffs!

Cheers

OOOPPss!

You had a typo there Slaine, I think you meant Pro Player Stadium.

:lastyr: :jk: Good luck this year, and lets hope your Steelers takeout the Patsies.

Troy 'locker room cancer' Edwards.

I'm in the heart of Stiller country and haven't heard anything that would make Troy a 'cancer'. I've never understood what the team didn't like in him, he can be a play maker. But with Plax, Heinz and now Curtis, he wouldn't see much starting time. I just think he wanted to be on a team where he would start. I'm sure he's thrilled to be going to a pass happy team like the Rams.

I watched El in the seinor bowl and knew he would be an incredible addtion to any team, would have loved to see him in a Phins uni. But they had more pressing needs than WR/QB.

All I know is that Troy edwards was making plays even in the playoffs. he is a PR/KR. almost any team needs more of that! if he wanted more playing time though, why did he go to the Rams??

well I don't know if he had a choice, they dealt him for a pick. I could look into more....

I think we're about to be moved!:topic:

Originally posted by finfan54
All I know is that Troy edwards was making plays even in the playoffs. he is a PR/KR. almost any team needs more of that! if he wanted more playing time though, why did he go to the Rams??

Yup - he made plays by running out of bounds on kick returns and making the punt team kick again with a TD return by Troy Brown being the result.

I don't think anyone is doubting his talent - he just doesn't catch the ball consistently and he just can't take the fact that maybe less talented players have worked harder and laid it out for the team while Troy has run his mouth and bitched ever since arriving at Pittsburgh and claiming he was Hall of Fame bound.

If someone can get inside his three year olds mind and get him playing for them he'll be dangerous but until then he'll still be a whiney headcase.

...But with Plax, Heinz and now Curtis...

If you mean Plax, Heinz and Terrance Mathis then yes you're right.

Troy would have been the number six receiver on the depth chart if we'd kept him. Even Lee Mays (our 6th pick this year) has looked better than Edwards - better speed, better size and great hands. Had a great Junior year at UTEP (I know, I know) but had the QB and most of the OL leave which led to his productivity dropping off. Lucky for us!

Good to hear that you're all sounding positive for the season - good luck against the Lions though somehow I doubt you'll be needing it! :D

Back
Top Bottom