Just curious? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just curious?

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Club Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here even remember seeing Drew Henson play? I mean everyone is so on board for this guy, and I swear I barely remember hearing anything about him except the flap that he jumped to baseball for a jillion dollars.(pardon the WH joke)

My understanding is he had one good year at Meechigan. I am sorry but Rivers has done it for four years solid. Before I get all erect over Henson because the talking heads love him, I am inclined to go with what I have seen in Rivers and a guy who has seen soem game action in recent times.

I have seen some and look forward to his workouts. It is true that he does not have the track record Rivers has but he does seem to have better skill and mechanics. The kid has good legs, unreal arm, great accuracy all field depths (a big and important improvment over Rivers) and a good leader. All things being equal I would be torn between the two. But since we can get Henson for a pick next year and it would sit better with the Vet (brunell) we want to bring in, I think Henson is the better choice. Higher risk, higher return, with Brunell as an insurance policy for the short term.

Other than the fans here and Brunell's agent I have nto heard a whole lot of interest from the Fins for Brunell.

I think skill are fine, but alot of QBs come in with skills(Leaf, Akili Smith, etc) and don't knwo how to win games. That's why I lean toward Rivers.

Either would be an upgrade over that limp noodle Fiedler.

Originally posted by fin-atic
Other than the fans here and Brunell's agent I have nto heard a whole lot of interest from the Fins for Brunell.

I think skill are fine, but alot of QBs come in with skills(Leaf, Akili Smith, etc) and don't knwo how to win games. That's why I lean toward Rivers.

Agreed about the upgrade and about skill not being everything. Ask Montana or Brady. However there are also guys like Elway who have it all. He may be one of those. That is why its high risk and return. Given what it would cost us to roll the dice I think it wouls make more sense to go for him.

Originally posted by canadainfin-fan
damn right

I prefer "Limp Biscuit over Limp Noodle" anytime.... :D

Please don't get erected over Drew Henson...or Rivers...

Just curious?

Does anyone here even remember seeing Drew Henson play?

Living here in Pa. I did get to see the PSU vs. Michigan game on TV. I do remember Henson had a pretty decent game at least over 200 yds. passing, but the main thing that stuck out for me was the 3Ints against a so-so Penn State Defense. I know he had better games than that against other Big 10 teams.

I think any of these guys are a crap shoot, only time will tell who will rise to the top and who will flop, that's why I don't get overly excited about any of them. The only part that is sort of exciting is knowing that there will hopefully be somebody new QBing the team next season, and before Fiedler fans jump on me let me say I don't dislike Fiedler but I think it may be time for a change.

I think the key thing here for me is this. I know when you select a QB it can be a hit or miss proposition. But at least it will feel good to know we are trying to get better. There are no guarantees in this league. But to stay pat with Jay, Wanny, OLine and ocmpany for another year would be terrible. I would rather see us trying to get better and making some moves that address the areas of need. Our needs this year are really no different than last year. Only last year we didn't take care of business. I personally could take it if we make good moves and they don't pan out. I just can't take any more status quo.

the key thing for me is that with henson wed be able to get younger, faster, by saving our picks this year and still acquiring our QB for the future.

aside from that i see both rivers and henson as crap shoots and neither, both, or just one may pan out, but no one knows which for sure, so do whats best for the team as a whole.

Originally posted by fin-atic
I think the key thing here for me is this. I know when you select a QB it can be a hit or miss proposition. But at least it will feel good to know we are trying to get better. There are no guarantees in this league. But to stay pat with Jay, Wanny, OLine and ocmpany for another year would be terrible. I would rather see us trying to get better and making some moves that address the areas of need. Our needs this year are really no different than last year. Only last year we didn't take care of business. I personally could take it if we make good moves and they don't pan out. I just can't take any more status quo.

Yea what he said, I'll drink to that.:drinkers:

Back
Top Bottom