Just Dreaming???.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just Dreaming???....

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Reaction score
Here's a long shot possibility I like to dream about.....

#1 Priority
========
New head coach, and a new OC. - No salary cap hit.

#2 Priority
========
Fix the OL. Don't care how, but it needs to be done before anything else IMO. No othe position should be focused on prior to fixing the OL problems....

#3 Priority
========
Get a real QB down here. QB K. Warner's name keeps popping up as a possible replacement. I like the thought if we can fix the OL, and he can get/stay healthy. There's nothing more dangerous than a QB who changes teams. He'll be looking to silence all the critics, and that's something you can't overlook with KW....

#4 Priority
========
Sign a legit #2 WR opposite C. Chmabers. WR I. Bruce is a FA, and he would be the perfect fit down here IMO.

You get an OL, pick up QB K. Warner and WR I. Bruce, and this offense will be very tough to stop. Plus we've still got R. Williams in the backfield. This offense could mirror the Rams with those three things in place for 2004 IMO....

Just dreaming???....Or could it actually happen????

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

That would be exciting to see.
But how do you fix the O-Line Problem, they just don't grow on trees.
We need good O-Line Coaching, and some players who compliment each other, a not surprise bag like we have this year, either go big power or go smaller quick, and scheme to them. Not 5 guys who styles are completely different, like we have this year, they just don't work well together.

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG

#1 Priority
========

#2 Priority
========
Fix the OL. Don't care how, but it needs to be done before anything else IMO. No othe position should be focused on prior to fixing the OL problems....

#3 Priority
========
Get a real QB down here. QB K. Warner's name keeps popping up as a possible replacement. I like the thought if we can fix the OL, and he can get/stay healthy. There's nothing more dangerous than a QB who changes teams. He'll be looking to silence all the critics, and that's something you can't overlook with KW....

#4 Priority
========
Sign a legit #2 WR opposite C. Chmabers. WR I. Bruce is a FA, and he would be the perfect fit down here IMO.

You get an OL, pick up QB K. Warner and WR I. Bruce, and this offense will be very tough to stop. Plus we've still got R. Williams in the backfield. This offense could mirror the Rams with those three things in place for 2004 IMO....

Actually if you got the players mentioned you would want to keep the offensive coordinator.

Martz and Turner run the same Sid Gillman system. The talent executing the plays is the difference between the two coaches.

If we change the offensive coordinator, chances are it will be a Walsh offense guy. Kurt Warner is the WRONG candidate to run a Walsh offense.

#1 Priority
========

#2 Priority
========

#3 Priority
========

#4 Priority
========

when you wake up from your dream, let us know how this can be done with the cap space you have for next year. Not smacking, just wondering how that can be a possibility.

To achieve your dreams, you will need alot of retructuring contracts and if any of those players take as much time as Zach did, by the time cap clears, all the stud Fa's may be gone.

There are only a handful of teams that are over the cap next year. There are teams that have more cap space than the bills and are looking for the same things you guys need. OL, stud DE, qb's, etc.

I certainly think we've got the inside track with WR I. Bruce. He's from Ft. Lauderdale, he grew up here, and he played his HS ball here too. His family is still here, and since he's nearing the end of his career, Miami would be his first choice IMO...

If we landed him, I think QB K. Warner would come relatively cheap. They played together, they know eachothers style, and were very dangerous together in St. Louis....

The OL is a problem though. I don't know how we'll approach that area, but it should be priority #1...

It's just a dream. There is no such thing as a salary cap in my dreams....:lol: :lol:

It's just a dream. There is no such thing as a salary cap in my dreams....:lol: :lol:

:lol:

However, you were one of the most patient posters here when it came to FA'cy ;) Expect it to get worse than last year.

If the fins let Wanny go, the new coach may not have a lot of cap to get the players he wants.

With your cap at negative, the fins best bet is to get a coach who can make the best of what the cap will allow him and yet make the most of the talent he has.

Too bad Parcells and Bellichick are both taken.

We're not dreaming about a new coach. That will happen. And, whoever that is, will see that it is blatantly obvious that we need a better o-line. That will get addressed.

As far as a new gm and WR and all that, only time will tell.

I've had a weird daydream of late...........

It has something to do with a national advertisement for a "garage sale".

Then a picture of the Dolphins facility in Davie flashes before my eyes.......

Then a picture of Zach, Sam, Jason, Patrick, and all the rest of the guys holding various dollar amounts on a sign above their heads flashes before my eyes.

Can someone tell me what this means?

Speaking of day dreaming check this out.
1) New coach-Homegren (sp) QB guru
2) Get a 1st and third from Wash for Ogun
3) Trade both 1st rounders to AZ for #1 overall
4) Pick up Manning
5) Get Bruce for #2 WR
6) Improve O line with Vets including
Tait, Woody, Pace (not all that would be too much to even dream)
7) Use 3rd rounders on FS, Oline and or CB (will loose madison, t buck and fletcher next year or so)
8) will loose some D players for cap reasons (Bowens, Marion)
Super Bowl win with a rookie - 1st ever, second coming of Dan the Man.

Speaking of day dreaming check this out.
1) New coach-Homegren (sp) QB guru
2) Get a 1st and third from Wash for Ogun
3) Trade both 1st rounders to AZ for #1 overall
4) Pick up Manning
5) Get Bruce for #2 WR
6) Improve O line with Vets including
Tait, Woody, Pace (not all that would be too much to even dream)
7) Use 3rd rounders on FS, Oline and or CB (will loose madison, t buck and fletcher next year or so)
8) will loose some D players for cap reasons (Bowens, Marion)
Super Bowl win with a rookie - 1st ever, second coming of Dan the Man.

Wow, I like your dreams dreadlocka... however, I think you maybe floating in the sky above reality! But I still like the dreams.

Originally posted by Oboy

Wow, I like your dreams dreadlocka... however, I think you maybe floating in the sky above reality! But I still like the dreams.

Gotta dream!:hail: :idea:

Back
Top Bottom