Just For FUN - Top of The Line Free Agent you'd Consider Paying Top Dollar For ? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just For FUN - Top of The Line Free Agent you'd Consider Paying Top Dollar For ?

why is everyone trying to open up the pocket books for Thuney? a guard? not worth it

We have the kesh. Might as well spend at our weakest unit on the team especially if starting the new QB is going to be a priority.

We have $90M in our backpocket - more than any other NFL team. The top three who I would consider making big offers are Byron Jones from the Cowboys, Yannick Ngakoue from Jax and Jack Conklin from Tennessee. All 3 can help to immediately upgrade key positions.

Thuney the top paid - at around 14-15M of course guaranteed monies are what is important.
Schreff might get about 12-13M avg per year?

after that - some type of slotting around and down but very few will be any real quality- Spain at 8M- maybe- the others 5-6M..

"difference in level of play" is each to his own opinion but I think the difference in play from those top two vs the rest of the rest is worth the extra monies.. and we have the money. Again, this question was who would I consider paying top dollar to-he would be my guy...

Yeah, I get it. My question isn't exactly 'worth' of one player, but 'worth' based on an organizational decision. I suspect everyone here knows Miami will NOT sign a top money FA at OG, OT, DL, CB, S, *AND* edge. Miami will select 1-2 of those positions for possible big money players. Just because FH members think that money should be on an OG doesn't mean Miami agrees.

I have no idea how Miami will prioritize positions. So, my question is, if Miami doesn't sign one of the top 2 FA OGs, who is the next target? At some point, for a number of positions, that question will be forced upon Miami.

We have $90M in our backpocket - more than any other NFL team. The top three who I would consider making big offers are Byron Jones from the Cowboys, Yannick Ngakoue from Jax and Jack Conklin from Tennessee. All 3 can help to immediately upgrade key positions.

Of that $90mm, how much will Miami carry over to '21?

This is how I would expect FA to go for MIA on the OL, if the past is any indication.

Grier, “yes we took a look there and the Contracts for some of those guys weren’t were we slotted them at’. We end up signing a vet or 2 for a few million who don’t make it through the year and so on.. like it has been.

This is how I would expect FA to go for MIA on the OL, if the past is any indication.

Grier, “yes we took a look there and the Contracts for some of those guys weren’t were we slotted them at’. We end up signing a vet or 2 for a few million who don’t make it through the year and so on.. like it has been.

That certainly has been the pattern but if they are planning on a QB with the first pick they might actually be willing to over pay for an OL vet or 2 to protect him

Can't count on rookie O linemen no matter how high the pick to be great in year one.

Miami showed great restraint in 2019, by not chasing every big name out there. They also set a price point. Up till last year, Miami was spending a lot and it mostly back fired on them. It was nice to see that kind of mentality. If they are truly following the New England model, they won't over spend, or spend at all. But its F/A and we all tend to dream about, who they'll sign. My guess is they'll spend moderately while continuing to build through the draft. But, it be nice if they somehow, snagged Byron Jones and/or Joe Thuney.

Agree, Far too much money. Is that your rationale?

And on a personal note, we have some common acquaintances. You remember valravn, euph, lunis, drumr?
Ha! I knew we had a few of the old bunch on here, just wasn't sure who. Good to see a post over there from time to time :happy

Instead taking chance on qb. Take chance and fix oline.. we got money..spend it the right way. Dolphins need talent... every first rd pick is not going pan out. We got be smart with money and what we need...I dont know why fans are worried about player contracts...have of it is fake contract. Most players never see there whole contract...

Yeah, I get it. My question isn't exactly 'worth' of one player, but 'worth' based on an organizational decision. I suspect everyone here knows Miami will NOT sign a top money FA at OG, OT, DL, CB, S, *AND* edge. Miami will select 1-2 of those positions for possible big money players. Just because FH members think that money should be on an OG doesn't mean Miami agrees.

I have no idea how Miami will prioritize positions. So, my question is, if Miami doesn't sign one of the top 2 FA OGs, who is the next target? At some point, for a number of positions, that question will be forced upon Miami.
The way Flores and Grier spoke about the OL last year I'd think they don't want to spend big on it but maybe they've changed their mind and will spend on it this time. To me Thuney and Coklin are the ones I'd target up front.

The way Flores and Grier spoke about the OL last year I'd think they don't want to spend big on it but maybe they've changed their mind and will spend on it this time. To me Thuney and Coklin are the ones I'd target up front.

Thuney and Conklin, wow And they are young..
Damn I'd take those two even if some Genie said I could have them but would not be allowed any other High priced FA.

One of the big positives for me with Flores is, I would think there isn't even a question as to his insight into our critical need with the OL. Ignoring that obvious weakness would be astronomical in my belief in him and our organization.
Up to now given him the benefit of doubt but OL stupidity and Im on the move em on out wagon...

Truthfully don't see their ignorance in not focusing and making a major overhaul with the OL, which will include atleast 1 and probably 2 established and proven quality OL men in FA. And then the Draft too.

Man I don't even want that thought in my Head....

Back
Top Bottom