Just For FUN - Top of The Line Free Agent you'd Consider Paying Top Dollar For ? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just For FUN - Top of The Line Free Agent you'd Consider Paying Top Dollar For ?

I’m tremendously worried about our pass rush

that said, I don’t see any scheme fit pass rushers that are worth the money they will get in this free agent class. Bud depreee is a good one but I need value there. Yannick is gonna be too expenaive for my liking given we need some money to go around

Justin Simmons would be incredible but he’s not seeing FA

I know we've already got a Free Agent thread, but it's not like a whole hell of a lot of things are happening, don't want to waste anyones time so if you do feel that its wasting your time just skip it....

Was wondering with the enormous cap space we do have, I was thinking it might not be out of the question to acquire 1 or 2 or Your thoughts on an actual top of the list high priced player. If not thats understandable but would like to hear what the posters who are open to it would find applicable to our situation ?

Young top shelf OL
Say a Justin Simmons
Byron Jones
Clowney
Yannick Ngakoue
Matt Judon
Quinton Dunbar (trade involved)
to name just a few

They'd be mostly top dollar but not unusual to maybe expect one of these guys or your guy.

Personally like one to be OL, not far behind DB/S, and edge guy though see draft an option though do believe that a FA with proven experience is somewhat a bonus

Would not pay low size $$$ for Clowney, too old, and wanted no part of Miami.

We need young players that feel honored to be asked, and want to play in Miami.

Funny Thuney seems to be at the top of the list of our Free Agents so far with a majority..

Love the Old style brusiers like Henry. Just think that maybe the big money spent other areas possibly more critical at this stage (JMO). But I'm an old Zonk, Campbell, damn even Jim Brown when I was a youngster whorshiper and still am. Love to see speedy RB with AJ Dillon ( a hopeful draft pick for me)..Miss seeing backs running over instead of around guys, for it was a very exciting part of the game.
I'm surprised (or not) how few people understand the valuable Henry is improving the OL between play-action and wearing down the opponents defense in the 2nd half. Tannehill's numbers were stellar implementing Henry on play-action which set up a lot of Tannehill's deep passes. An investment in Henry is an investment in the OL and QB.

Would not pay low size $$$ for Clowney, too old, and wanted no part of Miami.

We need young players that feel honored to be asked, and want to play in Miami.
Huh?

He wanted no part of a tank/rebuild. In order to get a QB.

I dont want anyone who is honored to be a loser. Those guys are the ones playing for only a check. Give me the guy who is useful to making the playoffs, or at least be in the hunt.

I'm surprised (or not) how few people understand the valuable Henry is improving the OL between play-action and wearing down the opponents defense in the 2nd half. Tannehill's numbers were stellar implementing Henry on play-action which set up a lot of Tannehill's deep passes. An investment in Henry is an investment in the OL and QB.
RT had a much better OL to work with which is a good example of OL need..He had more Time to pass and holes for Henry to plow through..

Look I've been around long enough to understand the value of a smash mouth RB, which to a large degree has been replaced with the super quick shifty smaller type guys who achieve much success running around the edge.
Agree I would like to see a bruiser with that shifty RB as a tandem for our backfield and bring that change of pace and also think it would help.
BUT ...big But ... you still need a good OL to go along with that steam roller. Much like the QB needs a good OL, they feed off each other and make each other better. So all this talk I see about either or IMO is silly its got to be a team RB/OL...QB/OL effort. Poor any one of them, will effect the all around success of the offense......

Yannick is tremendous but he already turned down 19 mil a year from the Jags last year - he’s just too much.
I think he'll price himself right out of our comfort zone. I don't think we'll overspend for anyone, too much history of us doing that and it never works out well in the end. That was part of the problem they are now trying to solve. We're just now getting the dead cap money under control, they're not going back to that same well...

Huh?

He wanted no part of a tank/rebuild. In order to get a QB.

I dont want anyone who is honored to be a loser. Those guys are the ones playing for only a check. Give me the guy who is useful to making the playoffs, or at least be in the hunt.

So you believe anyone that comes to Miami is a loser?

Miami is not the Bengals, they try to find talent, not afraid to pay high for players that deserve it.

Clowney can take the established slowly deteriorating team that will soon need to start finding talent over the rebuilding team.

I want players that can see the big picture, and want to be part of a Dolphins team that establishes itself to again be a quality playoff team.

and then there's this.

Chris Grier

"“It’s a little bit, like I talked about, of having long-term vision. Again, I’ve never been … The way I grew up there in New England, I’ve never been (wanting to) spend money – huge money – on a guy to come it, because to me, I’d rather have three really good players than one maybe great player who may or may not impact what you’re doing. I’d rather have three good players at positions that are going to help the team win. That’s a little bit of it. But to me … Yeah, you build up your offensive line and defensive line. You start there and then you work. Obviously, you need playmakers that are going to be impact players and stuff. It’s just the way I grew up, how I started and I just really believe those ways are how those teams win.” – Miamidolphins.com interview.

Joe Thuney
Yannick Ngakoue
Justin Simmons

Good with throwing the bag at any or all of these guys. Thankfully, this is an excellent draft if you're in need of tackle help.

From Jackson article today..

The view here: Even though it will be very costly, the Dolphins should be open-minded to spending on Scherff (an excellent run blocker) or Thuney. With no free agent left tackle worthy of big dollars, you would like the line to add one high-level veteran, and that will be costly.

Scherff is a very good run blocker who rated 28th as a pass blocker last season (per PFF). One concern: He was missed 15 games due to injury over the past three seasons. Thuney, a converted tackle, allowed only 16 pressures all of last season and is now one of the best guards in the league.

I’m only interested in 2

thuney and scherf.

scherf sets a tone that not many can match. He’s only hitting if he does because of recent health issues. That dudes a enforcer

Back
Top Bottom