Just For FUN - Top of The Line Free Agent you'd Consider Paying Top Dollar For ? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just For FUN - Top of The Line Free Agent you'd Consider Paying Top Dollar For ?

So you believe anyone that comes to Miami is a loser?

Didn't say that and if you try to make me out to have said it you will promptly and ruthlessly be put on ignore.

Miami is not the Bengals, they try to find talent, not afraid to pay high for players that deserve it.

The Bengals are more talented than we are...truly you jest.

Clowney can take the established slowly deteriorating team that will soon need to start finding talent over the rebuilding team.

You sound silly....

I want players that can see the big picture, and want to be part of a Dolphins team that establishes itself to again be a quality playoff team.

You are wearing a Dolphins hat, gloves, jersey, iron-on patch socks and Mouse while you type this?

Joe Thuney
Yannick Ngakoue
Justin Simmons

Good with throwing the bag at any or all of these guys. Thankfully, this is an excellent draft if you're in need of tackle help.
Simmons will get the tag and Ngakoue wants 22mill a year so we might as well forget about those two.
Would like to have Thuney but so will lots of teams. We'll have to spend big to get him.

Ngakoue was 33rd in the league in sacks, 42nd in QB hits and 21st in TFLs.... but wants to be the 3rd highest paid defensive player in the league? Ok......pass.

For comparison, Judon was 19th in sacks, 4th in QB hits, and 13th in TFLs.

Phin FO needs to go into this with a plan and not just throw money around like before, gettinginto cap hell and not getting returns on certain players and positions. Based on your scheme and vision on building/maintaining your roster, some positions gave much more value than others. Stick to it and don’t overuse money just bc you have it.

I was thinking njackue would be an $18 mil per. If he’s $22 mil that gives you an idea of where the market is.

If you think a guys $8 mil per he’s probably $12 mil per in this market. Especially any big name coveted type.

get ready for sticker shock.

thuney might cost you $16 mil per in this market. 80 over 5 48 plus fully guaranteed.

whoof

Ngakoue was 33rd in the league in sacks, 42nd in QB hits and 21st in TFLs.... but wants to be the 3rd highest paid defensive player in the league? Ok......pass.

For comparison, Judon was 19th in sacks, 4th in QB hits, and 13th in TFLs.

Phin FO needs to go into this with a plan and not just throw money around like before, gettinginto cap hell and not getting returns on certain players and positions. Based on your scheme and vision on building/maintaining your roster, some positions gave much more value than others. Stick to it and don’t overuse money just bc you have it.
Giving out big contracts is what scares me too. We've given up so many bad deals before, including to players already on the team like tanny, Jones, McCain,kiki, Branch and on and on. Free agency has been just as bad either with contracts or bringing in older players with injury history. I really hope it'll be different this time around.

I was thinking njackue would be an $18 mil per. If he’s $22 mil that gives you an idea of where the market is.

If you think a guys $8 mil per he’s probably $12 mil per in this market. Especially any big name coveted type.

get ready for sticker shock.

thuney might cost you $16 mil per in this market. 80 over 5 48 plus fully guaranteed.

whoof
Another problem is the fact they don't have a CBA in place at this time so nobody knows yet what the cap will be or how much you have to spend and if you can carry over money or not. Not an easy situation but I agree regardless the contracts will go up either way. We just need to me smart about it.

I’m thinking judons probably a $16 mil per guy in this market.

I don’t think he’s as good as his former teammate who left for the packers and killed it this year.

but the market dictates.

gonna be some serious coin handed out.

conklin might get $16 mil per or more too. He’s the lead tackle horse. Hell maybe $18 mil per

With that type of money we might only be able to get one top free agent. 100mill will go fast if you get 3 or 4 so I'd expect no more than one big name and then 2nd tier and 3rd tier depending on how many free agents they want.

I’m only expecting one big name if any. Guys might price themselves right out of us.

$16 mil might be low on thuney. The only thing I’m sure of is I bet the patriots won’t pay it.

Didn't say that and if you try to make me out to have said it you will promptly and ruthlessly be put on ignore.

You said you don't want players that are honored to be losers in Miami. Just because a player chooses Miami, does not mean he likes losing.

The Bengals are more talented than we are...truly you jest.

Yes they are (for the moment), but my point was that the Bengals do not go out to get more premium talent, and will not pay players top $$$, Miami does...Miami is willing to do whatever it takes to put a winner out there, unlike, the Bengals.

You sound silly....

Because I disagree with some of the stuff you wrote?

I’m only interested in 2

thuney and scherf.

scherf sets a tone that not many can match. He’s only hitting if he does because of recent health issues. That dudes a enforcer
Have you looked at Glasgow from Detroit? Or Peat from the Saints? Might be some decent slightly cheaper options

Peats been hurt a lot. He’s a serviceable to decent guard he’s a bad tackle.

high candidate for a bad contract imo.

cant really speak to Glasgow I might be interested in that. Depends on tbe terms

Peats been hurt a lot. He’s a serviceable to decent guard he’s a bad tackle.

high candidate for a bad contract imo.

cant really speak to Glasgow I might be interested in that. Depends on tbe terms
Yeah shouldve said Peat - as a guard.

Glasgow I think has been a decent player, I remember reading an article on him not too long ago, feel like he was above middle of the pack in pff rating

Glasgow also young (like that), if we lose out on Thue would be nice 2nd alternative.. And Glasgow plays Center too....

Conk IMO best RT out there maybe in the whole league and thus worth spending extra IMO and he's 26.....

Peat G .... not intereted IMO he's the weak link in the Saints OL....

Back
Top Bottom