Just Found Out We Passed On Breese Twice | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just Found Out We Passed On Breese Twice

Does anyone one else remeber the poll at the bottom ticker on espn. The question was "Who do you think Miami should take." I think it said something like 91% Drew Brees. Then JF pick came in.

Don't panic guys, but i just heard a rumor that Csonka,Kiick and Warfield may jump to a new league..WFL or something like that.
I'll go on a Dolphins message board and see if anybody else has heard anything about this.

It is going to be tough to win without them.

What is the worst part of this thread, that we skipped Brees twice, or that we thought Jamar “Toasty” Fletcher was going to be a better player?

I know this topic has been beaten into the ground and what's done is done but while I was listening to a podcast yesterday that Drew was a guest on he mentioned something interesting.

The hosts asked him if he ever thinks about how his life could have gone had he gone to the Dolphins. Drew then mentions that the Dolphins actually passed on him twice. He said during the draft his agent was close with a Dolphins scout and the scout told Drew's agent if he was still there at pick #26 the dolphins were taking him. So pick #26 came up in the draft and drew was waiting for the Dolphins to call then watched the board was we elected to pick Jamar Fletcher instead.

Just an interesting tidbit I heard and wanted to share.

I knew that... was pissed when we passed on him... then pissed again when Saban made the wrong pick.

What is the worst part of this thread, that we skipped Brees twice, or that we thought Jamar “Toasty” Fletcher was going to be a better player?

It’s just a pattern of not continuing to draft quarterbacks until we land a good one since Marino...we took one shot in almost 20 years and it’s a converted wide receiver with limited experience.

Now Dolphin nation by majority wants to wait yet another year...I hope the new regime will not pass on a top QB if we get a shot at one.

What bothers me the most is the amount of draft capital/free agent money we have spent the last couple of decades in attempt to find our franchise quarterback.

It amazes me that the "great" Jimmy Johnson groomed no one to take over Marino. We ultimately settle for Fiedler and it went downhill from there. I think we hit rock bottom during the Cleo Lemon era.

I'd say RB Ronnie Brown was a better fit at QB than some of those drafted like Beck and Pat White. At least he could throw a TD vs the Pat's. SMH

What bothers me the most is the amount of draft capital/free agent money we have spent the last couple of decades in attempt to find our franchise quarterback.

Is it the amount of draft/FA capital spent, or the lack of capital spent? The only QB the franchise has gone all in on was RT, and we’ve squandered several opportunities to bolster the position in the past two decades.

You look at the top 10 quarterbacks in football and Miami could have had many of them. Brees, Rogers and Ryan immediately come to mind. That shows the incompetence of the scouting department/organization and why the Dolphins have been mediocre at best for about 20 years.

Go easy on him, he’s clearly young. While you’re at it, Saban screwed us out of our franchise QB twice by selecting Ronnie Brown instead of Aaron Rodgers and of course Culpepper over Brees.

WOAH just came back to check on this. I am DEEPLY sorry to everyone who decided to post " I already knew this" instead of just going about their day.

For anyone interested in listening to the podcast it was on Wednesday Pardon My Take episode.

Back
Top Bottom