Just got back from Vegas | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just got back from Vegas

Fins1971

C'mon Dolphins
Club Member
Reaction score
I just got back from Vegas last week. While I was there I placed some bets on the Dolphins at the Mandalay Bay sports book. The Fins were 6 to 1 to win the AFC Championship. They originally started at 20-1. The Fins were 15-1 to win the Super Bowl. They originally started 40-1. Obviously alot of people are counting on them to do well this year.

The top AFC Teams according to Vegas odds.

Colts 11/5
Jets 5/2
Ravens 3/1
Patriots 4/1
chargers 9/2
dolphins 6/1
steelers 6/1

Buffalo is last at 50-1

If they win it all it will pay for a trip back to Vegas.

they should be expensive...i think they're the team to beat this year in the afc...

the steelers if you pick them this year i think you are throwing your money away...i think the steelers take a big drop off this year

the ravens and the chargers provided mcneil and jackson return would be my 2 money picks

6 to 1 for miami is a bit ambitious also imo...

i just got back from Reno last night and the odds were 15 to 1 for the AFC championship game and 30 to 1 for the superbowl..go phins,,i placed $100 bets on both

Bet with your head, not with your heart or you will get burned. This is why I never bet on the Dolphins or the Brewers.

Bet with your head, not with your heart or you will get burned. This is why I never bet on the Dolphins or the Brewers.

oh i agree...but hey, everybody has a chance. i hope i get that chance...:)

i just got back from Reno last night and the odds were 15 to 1 for the AFC championship game and 30 to 1 for the superbowl..go phins,,i placed $100 bets on both

That seems more like what I would have expected. I think I remember the Dolphins SB odds dropping from 40-1 to 35-1 immediately after the Marshall trade. Coming down to 30-1 wouldn't be a shock. Coming down to 15-1 would be a big shock.

Cool. One month from today, I'll be about a twelve pack in on Fremont Street. :drink:

My impression is Vegas generally knows what it's doing. Is there any way to find out what the preseason odds were on past SB winners, e.g. Saints, Steelers etc.?

Back
Top Bottom