Just How Good Is Saban? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just How Good Is Saban?

Dolphin_Daz

Dolfan in England
Reaction score
Just how good is Nick Saban?

I have never seen a college football game, ive seen it in bits, highlights shows etc but getting it over here in England is impossible unless you wanna shell out $20 a month.

So, when it comes to the draft i go by what people say, and what the stats look like. Anyway, when the news was broke that Nick Saban was going to be the new HC, i could again only go by what ive heard about him, "He's gonna turn Miami around" were the words of an NFL braodcaster over here.

Is he right. Ive heard he is a real magician. Can he turn us into a SB winning team. Or even Divisonal Champs?

What did he do in College? I hear he won the championship, was the team he had good when he got there or did he make them great? How long did it take him to win the Championship?

Thanks in advance to any helpers :)

The way to look at this is that whatever he does it would be better than what the previous regime did.

PHINSfan said:
The way to look at this is that whatever he does it would be better than what the previous regime did.

so your saying if he goes 0-48 than fired its still better than having wanny.

How did wanny get us 10-6 records. Some things dont add up, the guy sucked?! If Wanny can get 10-6's Saban should get 16-0's then? :)

godfater21 said:
so your saying if he goes 0-48 than fired its still better than having wanny.

No, he is saying at the very least, he will be better than Wanny.

He turned around LSU he didnt got there and have a team already, he raised every single one of his players and yes he is real good. There where several teams asking for his services thruout the years but he took our offer.

Jason Taylor 99 said:
Just how good is Nick Saban?

I have never seen a college football game, ive seen it in bits, highlights shows etc but getting it over here in England is impossible unless you wanna shell out $20 a month.

So, when it comes to the draft i go by what people say, and what the stats look like. Anyway, when the news was broke that Nick Saban was going to be the new HC, i could again only go by what ive heard about him, "He's gonna turn Miami around" were the words of an NFL braodcaster over here.

Is he right. Ive heard he is a real magician. Can he turn us into a SB winning team. Or even Divisonal Champs?

What did he do in College? I hear he won the championship, was the team he had good when he got there or did he make them great? How long did it take him to win the Championship?

Thanks in advance to any helpers :)

Saban is a Great coach on the college level i won't take anything away from him on that. but that hardly every transfers to the NFL, Butch Davis, Steve Spurriur, Dennis Erickson, And Pete Carrol all great coaches in college but couldn't do it in the pros. I personal would have liked Miami to get a new GM like Savage or pioli instead of them giving Saban total control. But at the same time the NFL is due to have a college coach make it big so we all pretty much have to hope for the best.

sn9ke.eyes said:
No, he is saying at the very least, he will be better than Wanny.

and even with an 0-48 record he'll be better than wanny?

We have some LSU fans (now Fin fans) who come around the boards now and then. They would probably answer this question best, and I think they have actually talked about this sort of thing before. Try searching for those threads.

Really isnt CFB the same as NFL, just the game is faster in the pros.

Cheers godfater :wink:

The truth of the matter is, noone knows how good he is. For all we know, we could all be setting ourselves up for a major let down. So far, we're buying in to everything he says and does. But if he starts losing, we will all surely start questioning him instead of buying into him. So far, with a clean slate, he looks good and everything he does looks good. We all hope he brings Miami back, not only to repsectibility, but gives us that championship we all have been screaming for for decades.
All signs point up. He is definetly running a much tighter ship and the organization is ORGANIZED. A far cry from the laughingstock we were becoming with Wannstedt and RS running the show.

Jason Taylor 99 said:
Really isnt CFB the same as NFL, just the game is faster in the pros.

Cheers godfater :wink:

There are many things that make coaching in the NFL harder. for one incollege they play there *ss of to be a high draft choice to make the big bucks. in the NFL they already make the big bucks and it seems like the players lose that spark. also in college you change players every couple of years so you can keep the same system. In the NFL there are guys who have been there for 15-16 years they have seen it all. so your college system may not transfer well to the pros.

SCall13 said:
The truth of the matter is, noone knows how good he is. For all we know, we could all be setting ourselves up for a major let down. So far, we're buying in to everything he says and does. But if he starts losing, we will all surely start questioning him instead of buying into him. So far, with a clean slate, he looks good and everything he does looks good. We all hope he brings Miami back, not only to repsectibility, but gives us that championship we all have been screaming for for decades.
All signs point up. He is definetly running a much tighter ship and the organization is ORGANIZED. A far cry from the laughingstock we were becoming with Wannstedt and RS running the show.

good post, we really don't know how good saban will be. His association with the B of NE, has brought him a lot of respect by our fans, and his championship at LSU has allowed him a good honeymoon period with us. Everyone says he's organized, but we have no idea, because not much is leaked..so we assume alot on this board, since anybody is better than wanny to a lot of ppl here, we could have brought in Jerry Glansville and there would be a lot of hope on this board about now. I really hope Saban does a good job and we start winning again because I can't handle too many more losing seasons. I can handle one this year to set us up for the following year. I think this year will be a wash, because a lot of learning on both the O and D will take place, so I expect a lot of mistakes that will cost us games. On the other hand, I expect to see a more open O, for some exciting football..I do hope we run more than Minny did...based on hearing saban saying he'd add some of his stuff and Houcks running plays, I'm expecting a pretty balance O.

godfater21 said:
Saban is a Great coach on the college level i won't take anything away from him on that. but that hardly every transfers to the NFL, Butch Davis, Steve Spurriur, Dennis Erickson, And Pete Carrol all great coaches in college but couldn't do it in the pros. I personal would have liked Miami to get a new GM like Savage or pioli instead of them giving Saban total control. But at the same time the NFL is due to have a college coach make it big so we all pretty much have to hope for the best.

I completely agree.

Back
Top Bottom