Just Relax, There's Plenty Of Qb's In Next Years Draft | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just Relax, There's Plenty Of Qb's In Next Years Draft

Unless someone emerges, then this class is very, very weak. The only first round quarterback at this point is Matt Leinart. Omar Jacobs could be a first round pick if he declares for the draft. Outside of those two, someone is going to have to step up and blow me away.

Charlie Whitehurst has a great arm, but he can't control where the ball is going. His accuracy is terrible, and I personaly wouldn't take a QB in the first round that can't complete at least 60% of his passes at the college level.

Vince Young is a glorified running back that can't throw to save his life. Marcus Vick is nothing but hype at this point. Reggie McNeal is better than Vince Young, but he has size limitations.

The one quarterback that I think can emerge is Paul Pinegar at Fresno State.

LithoMan said:
Alot more then you realize I guess. Look past the hype, thats all I can tell ya, LOOK PAST THE HYPE. Winston in the first, he will be one of the best to ever play the game, and then in the second, Kellen Clemens BABY!!

Really? How many times in the past 20yrs has a rookie QB led his team to the playoffs and the best reg season record in the league?

A lot less than you realize, I guess.

unifiedtheory said:
Marcus Vick? The guy is a headcase and is going to have his position changed. Just because his last name is Vick does'nt mean he'll be good...hell...his brother is'nt that good either.

Vince Young from Texas? I'll pass thank you very much.

Saban will watch Feeley this year and see if he has a future.

If A.J. fails to show us anything this year I personally think Saban has a close eye on the Charger situation. If Drew Brees has another Pro Bowl type season the Chargers have a decision to make. They can't let Rivers sit around rotting on the bench. They'll have to trade one of them.

I'd take Rivers or Brees over a rookie Q.B. everyday of the week. We are not going to have a top 10 pick this year so a rookie Q.B. would be a major project.

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT IM THINKING AND IMO WE WILL END UP WITH BREES BECAUSE AROUND 50% OF OUR TEAM IS NOT GETTING YOUNGER AND IF I WAS A BETTING MAN IT WILL BE BREES I AGREE 100% WITH YOU :evil:

I would want Omar Jacobs leading our team but I could see Whitehurst finding himself to become a Top 10 pick.

KB21 said:
Unless someone emerges, then this class is very, very weak. The only first round quarterback at this point is Matt Leinart. Omar Jacobs could be a first round pick if he declares for the draft. Outside of those two, someone is going to have to step up and blow me away.

Charlie Whitehurst has a great arm, but he can't control where the ball is going. His accuracy is terrible, and I personaly wouldn't take a QB in the first round that can't complete at least 60% of his passes at the college level.

Vince Young is a glorified running back that can't throw to save his life. Marcus Vick is nothing but hype at this point. Reggie McNeal is better than Vince Young, but he has size limitations.

The one quarterback that I think can emerge is Paul Pinegar at Fresno State.

Wow finally a man that know what he is talking about. I agree with just about everything with you. Whitehurst is a more accurate QB than last year showed, the guys real problem is he can't manage a game and avoid the costly turnover. When this is a problem against college D's it will take a ton of talent to be a success in the NFL. Reggie McNeal doesn't have great size but he is 6'2 which is decent NFL height and his 210 frame will bulk up by the time the NFL calls. Vince Young has some QB skills but turns the ball over to much at this time to be a solid NFL QB.

Frerotte can get it done.

Frerotte might not be a great Qb but with the people that he has to throw to this year Chambers, Boston, Booker, McMicheal, Ronnie and if Ricky comes back.They have the weapons and if their o-line can improve theres no reeason for Frerotte not to succead. Another reason he is going to do fine is he knows the offense. Chambers and McMicheal are going to be Pro Bowlers next year

yankeehillbilly said:
Really? How many times in the past 20yrs has a rookie QB led his team to the playoffs and the best reg season record in the league?

A lot less than you realize, I guess.

I guess you must be refering to Eli and Phillip? ROFLMAO!!! They must have been those hidden gems you refer to so much. But, they had to be better then Ben right? The hype told you so.....

Kellen Clemens QB Oregon University and Brett Basinez QB Northwestern are two excellent QB's that we could nab in the second. They are better then Leinart. Just look past the hype!!! With the early first round pick, we could grab Eric WInston, and then early in the second, get us one of these fellas.

The Ricky deal, the JT deal, the Randy MicMichael deal, could land us two picks in each first day rounds. We are set to have a great 06 draft. Brad Smith QB from Missouri is another QB nobody is talking about. ALL three of these guys I have mentioned are more worthy then Matt "Turd" Leinart.

If you dont know Kellen Clemens, bookmark one game of Oregon U, and watch the boy play!!! He is one hell of a player, and that is a QB from Oregon worthy enough to be on the Phins.

I'll keep beating the drumfor Kellen Clemens. One day you all shall listen. But, then you'll all say "I've been a huge Kellen fan for so long!" ROFLMAO.

our offence is going 2 be great its just our DBs and Ss, we have a good looking DL and LB core with lots of dept only if our secondary and wide out core was like that

or THE QB from TEXAS

TheLEGEND13 said:
Look,I Know ppl. are worried about the qb position but like saban said"HE HOPES TO HAVE AN OVER ACHIEVING TEAM". He doesn't plan on winning the superbowl this year,just show a good amount of improvement.Next year in the draft you will see some qb's on the board like a MARCUS VICK,he's been in some trouble but saban will take chances.Maybe Eric Ainge or THE QB from TEXAS.It's just a matter of time and we will be back in contention,so be patient.

Vince Young is his name, but we dont need another runningback in the first round.

Back
Top Bottom