Just Saw This Tidbit...... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just Saw This Tidbit......

No way. Not in a million years. Just because the Dolphins have a ton of cap room doesn't mean they need to blow it on someone that is on the decline. Especially the steep decline he has been on.

This would be inconsistent with the apparent direction we are taking, with getting new young players and trading for more draft positions. We have our stop gap QB's in Fitz & Rosen. We will probably use the draft to get a developmental QB. Then we will see where we are, QB wise, at the end of training camp.

I'm not ruling out a FA QB; I just don't see FA as a source for a new QB at this time. Maybe we'll get lucky and get Tannehill back (just trolling the Lemmings - LOL).

I'm surprised Carolina would be looking to trade Cam Newton. At the very least, Miami should look into it. If the Panthers are asking for two #1's, I'd pass. But if it's that #26 pick from Houston I might consider that. Of course, it comes down to his health and somewhat his personality as well. Newton strikes me as a me first player, which is in direct contrast to what Flores is looking for. Can he mature with a second chance?

As far as talent, there's no question he's played at an elite level (at times).

I don't want to trade for a QB to replace Fitz. Fitz played some great football the last several weeks. Maybe with Parker, Williams, and Gesicki, he can actually put together a somewhat consistent year. Not to mention if the locker room loves Fitz as much as it appears, you're probably going to lose them by trying to replace Fitz. I think the best course by far is to draft a rookie to sit behind Fitz with Rosen.

Someone needs to convince Cincinnati to take him and make him their QB solution and that they should spend their #1 on another position of need.

Won't happen, but it's the Bengals, so anything is possible.

I don't think I've ever seen a list of FA QB's like the one in 2020. I don't know if anyone trades for Cam or they release him but there are some teams that could upgrade with him (not Miami) like the Bears.

Anyone care to match the QB to the 2020 team? This will impact the 2020 draft situation for QB's as well.

Drew Brees
Tom Brady (San Diego)
Teddy Bridgewater
Phillip Rivers
Jameis Winston
Marcus Mariota
Ryan Tannehill (back with Ten)
Dak Prescott (back in Dallas)

I hope the guy is hyper healthy and Bengals get him and take Young with #1. We can then move up and take Burrow.

I dont think trading for Newton would make sense for us. It would make more sense for a team like Chicago. If you thought Tannehill was polarizing here in Miami, multiple that x 10 with Cam Newton.

I don't think I've ever seen a list of FA QB's like the one in 2020. I don't know if anyone trades for Cam or they release him but there are some teams that could upgrade with him (not Miami) like the Bears.

Anyone care to match the QB to the 2020 team? This will impact the 2020 draft situation for QB's as well.

Drew Brees
Tom Brady (San Diego)
Teddy Bridgewater
Phillip Rivers
Jameis Winston
Marcus Mariota

A few of those will never get released. That said, with quite a few QBs possibly available, the price will go down - supply/demand. Not by much and not low enough for Miami to bite . . . at least I hope not

I am not interested in seeing Cam Newton on the roster. If he was 5 years younger and had not suffered all the injuries he has in recent years, he would be a great addition. Unfortunately he isn’t 5 years younger and he has had numerous injuries, so hopefully the Dolphins will look to bring in a younger QB and Newton will go to a team that is already built to make a SB run.

Drew Brees
Tom Brady (San Diego)
Teddy Bridgewater
Phillip Rivers
Jameis Winston
Marcus Mariota
I have a weird feeling that dak doesn't end up back with Dallas. Right now I'm 50/50 thinking Brady might actually end up there. I know it might sound a bit crazy.

A few of those will never get released. That said, with quite a few QBs possibly available, the price will go down - supply/demand. Not by much and not low enough for Miami to bite . . . at least I hope not

I wouldn't think Miami would be in the market but hopefully a team that is weighing a trade up would pounce on a FA. This will lower the asking price for a Miami trade-up as well.

Back
Top Bottom