Just Saw This Tidbit...... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just Saw This Tidbit......

We need to feed the Cam to Bungles hype machine...
Absolutely. I don't know how anyone watching Cam the last couple years with the injuries, could just pass on a QB in the draft in favor of Cam though. But, who knows. If they pass on Burrow, I'd be all about jumping up to grab him.

I live in NC and after the Joe Brady hire a lot of people on the local radio have been throwing around the idea that Panthers may try to trade Cam Newton and some draft picks to the Bengals for the #1 pick. Bengals then could still draft Herbert, hurts or Love at some point.
That would be a catastrophe....the move up would require this year's 1st, next years 1st, and probably 2 2nds or another 1.....that team has no leaders, and other than Burns and Mcaffrey, they are extremely devoid of talent.

Making that move would screw the franchise over for 5+ years....

But no issues after college (10 years ago). As much as he annoys me with his flamboyant antics he has changed his spots, which I respect. He also does A LOT of charity work in Carolina.

Yeah, I agree with you completely, I just like to spell out all the details for folks on both sides to make sure we all have the info.

I don't think any of those should disqualify him from Miami pursuing. What I think SHOULD disqualify him is the fact that he's broken down, he's a stop gap when we already have a PROVEN stop gap, and he would cost us assets to acquire.

We disagree. Grier, IMO, will listen to scouts, AND Flo, AND his staff. No GM will put himself in the position of drafting a player over HC's objection, only to see that player fail. Far better to let the HC's decision fail and fire the HC. Grier MAY break a tie, but the biggest vote is the HC and staff

I have mixed feelings about your post. I agree with the general concept of getting input from the staff and prioritizing individuals inputs.

What bothers me is that you seem to put a maximum emphasis on who will get blamed when there is a failure in a players performance.

There are going to be both successes and failures in player selections and the GM is always going to be held accountable because that is part of his job. I believe the measurement that ownership will be most concerned with will be the growth and improvement of the team.

Fans can have all the fun we want looking at player selections and game day performance, but the ownership will undoubtedly focus more on the record; looking for a trend in general improvement and improved player development.

Only a few owners will over focus on one or two individual players. The rest are going to be looking at both the years results along with the last few years results to see if we are getting to where they expect us to be. When they are satisfied we have stumbled AND are not likely to recover; then we will see another change in coaching or management or both.

Isn't this exactly what just happened at the beginning of our last season?

That would be a catastrophe....the move up would require this year's 1st, next years 1st, and probably 2 2nds or another 1.....that team has no leaders, and other than Burns and Mcaffrey, they are extremely devoid of talent.

Making that move would screw the franchise over for 5+ years....

All depends on how the Bengals view the trade value of Cam Newton......

I have mixed feelings about your post. I agree with the general concept of getting input from the staff and prioritizing individuals inputs.

What bothers me is that you seem to put a maximum emphasis on who will get blamed when there is a failure in a players performance.

There are going to be both successes and failures in player selections and the GM is always going to be held accountable because that is part of his job. I believe the measurement that ownership will be most concerned with will be the growth and improvement of the team.

Fans can have all the fun we want looking at player selections and game day performance, but the ownership will undoubtedly focus more on the record; looking for a trend in general improvement and improved player development.

Only a few owners will over focus on one or two individual players. The rest are going to be looking at both the years results along with the last few years results to see if we are getting to where they expect us to be. When they are satisfied we have stumbled AND are not likely to recover; then we will see another change in coaching or management or both.

Isn't this exactly what just happened at the beginning of our last season?

Actually, we agree. My problem is those who seem to think Grier, on his own, makes picks. And/or those who think Grier, this year, will blow the draft because, we)l, Miami sucks. No possibility a new staff can change that

I wouldn't do it, but I would say which ever team lands Newton has abetter chance of winning a title in the next 4 or 5 years than any of the teams that draft a rookie qb this year.

yeah i was mistaken when i first mentioned it was Rhule that wanted to work with cam. It was actually Eric Bieneimy when brought in for an interview that said he wanted to work with Cam if he got the job. There is no better time then now for them to completely cut ties with Cam... new coach plus Luke retired, go ahead and make C Mac the without a shadow of a doubt face of the franchise. They will have to address their QB position though ASAP, Kyle Allen is turnover prone and will Grier would've been cut last preseason had he not been a 3rd round pick.

i WILL say this though..... Cam Newton WAS playing really good ball in 2018 before he got injured and tried to play through a ****ed up shoulder injury that made it look like Garo was their QB. So MAYBE he could be a good reclamation project in a place that might humble him and him not having to be the face of the franchise if he's back fully healthy. I dont see anyone taking the trade unless the Panthers eat some of that contract like the fins did with RT, but it wouldnt shock me to see him do decent. If we didnt have fitz and Rosen had shown more promise i prob wouldnt cared if we threw the panthers a 5th if they ate most of his contract. But i would not gamble on him taking the team to the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom