just speculating but... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

just speculating but...

dr.jake

Rookie
Reaction score
how far up into the top ten do you think those 2 packaged second rounders would have moved us had we been able to trade them? water under the bridge now but i'm curious.

#12 pick is worth 1200 points, the #43 pick is worth 470, you can guess for the purposes of the trade that we may be picking around 25th next year which would be worth 330 points in the second round...add it all up and it's worth 2000 points. Now the 3rd overall pick is worth 2200 points...we're not getting that high. The 4th overall pick is worth 1800 but it is a top 5 pick and it would depend on the draft, who's going to be available, etc. before a team would part with that. It would also depend on how many holes the team has to fill. The 5th overall pick is worth 1700 and is probably a more likely landing spot.

Best you could do is the 4th but more than likely you'd only get up to the 5th overall pick.

#12 pick is worth 1200 points, the #43 pick is worth 470, you can guess for the purposes of the trade that we may be picking around 25th next year which would be worth 330 points in the second round...add it all up and it's worth 2000 points. Now the 3rd overall pick is worth 2200 points...we're not getting that high. The 4th overall pick is worth 1800 but it is a top 5 pick and it would depend on the draft, who's going to be available, etc. before a team would part with that. It would also depend on how many holes the team has to fill. The 5th overall pick is worth 1700 and is probably a more likely landing spot.

Best you could do is the 4th but more than likely you'd only get up to the 5th overall pick.

yeah and so by keeping those picks and trading up you might have had a shot at eric berry at #5 but you'd have no #12 pick and no 3 times 100 plus catch all pro wr who's only 26 yrs old in brandon marshall for the next 5 years...

translation: we made the right decision...provided marshall lives up to his word off the field...

we made out like BANDITS if that's the case...

i just got done watching some youtube stuff of brandon marshall...GUY IS SOME KIND OF SICK ON THE FOOTBALL FIELD...MONSTER

can't wait til the season to see that freight train in aqua and orange...

yeah and so by keeping those picks and trading up you might have had a shot at eric berry at #5 but you'd have no #12 pick and no 3 times 100 plus catch all pro wr who's only 26 yrs old in brandon graham for the next 5 years...

translation: we made the right decision...provided marshall lives up to his word off the field...

i just got done watching some youtube stuff of brandon marshall...GUY IS SOME KIND OF SICK ON THE FOOTBALL FIELD...MONSTER

:jawdrop:Brandon Graham has 3 season of 100+ catches and he can rush the passer? Dang we really need to nab that guy with the #12 overall pick, lol. I don't think he'll last that long though...if he can do all that.

truth...i think you need another x on that avatar you chose...mr chunky :lol:

truth...i think you need another x on that avatar you chose...mr chunky :lol:
Chunky? lol, you know better.

Waiting for the schedule by the way. We hitting FedEx if the Dolphins play there this year. Bring your boy tick.

Chunky? lol, you know better.

Waiting for the schedule by the way. We hitting FedEx if the Dolphins play there this year. Bring your boy tick.

lol...just messin with ya...

you can hit fed ex if you want...lol i'll be in baltimore...seeing how we play there and not fed ex...and yes my boy will be with me...

i've already nailed that trip down...

lol...just messin with ya...

you can hit fed ex if you want...lol i'll be in baltimore...seeing how we play there and not fed ex...and yes my boy will be with me...

i've already nailed that trip down...
Ha, just slipped up. I was thinking we were playing the NFC East this year. I was in your neck of the woods last weekend...well, passed through on my way to D.C. How far is Balitmore from where you are?

Ha, just slipped up. I was thinking we were playing the NFC East this year. I was in your neck of the woods last weekend...well, passed through on my way to D.C. How far is Balitmore from where you are?

about 3 hrs i guess...depending on northern va traffic...which can be a bear

and now that baltimore has added anquan boldin that team is loaded for bear...probably could use another cb and a new young te in the draft but that team is loaded...

could easily lose that road game unless brandon marshall goes off...

yeah and so by keeping those picks and trading up you might have had a shot at eric berry at #5 but you'd have no #12 pick and no 3 times 100 plus catch all pro wr who's only 26 yrs old in brandon marshall for the next 5 years...

Don't forget you'd have no #43 and no second next year as well.

good points...i think we'll recoup at least one of those 2nds though...either this year or next year

about 3 hrs i guess...depending on northern va traffic...which can be a bear
Dang, that would make it like a 7 hour trip for me. That's the closest game for me this year though. Tennessee is about a 8 hour drive or so.

Back
Top Bottom