Just the first ten seconds. Priceless!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just the first ten seconds. Priceless!!

Its all connected....

You want to give teams incentive to compete and at the same time encourage parity... Its a hard task... Right now, the absolute worst team gets the first pick while you've got 14 teams making the playoffs... I've seen people bitch about expanding the playoffs to 7 teams. If you're against tanking, you should welcome that expansion.

More teams competing means less teams tanking.

If you go to a lottery, you've just got more teams that are out of the playoffs with a shot at number one... More teams with an incentive to lose...

If your goal is to have the least amount of teams tanking, then you want the #1 to go to the absolute worst team and a playoff system that keeps mediocre teams in it for the longest period possible...

Honestly, I don't think there has been any tanking in the NFL There's only a small amount of games and a lot of these players and coaches are playing for their livelihoods. You could make an argument that the Dolphins attempted to tank last year but in retrospect it looks like they just made some decent trades. I know there was suspicion about the Colts playing Curtis Painter a lot to get Luck but I can't remember anything else

Its all connected....

You want to give teams incentive to compete and at the same time encourage parity... Its a hard task... Right now, the absolute worst team gets the first pick while you've got 14 teams making the playoffs... I've seen people bitch about expanding the playoffs to 7 teams. If you're against tanking, you should welcome that expansion.

More teams competing means less teams tanking.

If you go to a lottery, you've just got more teams that are out of the playoffs with a shot at number one... More teams with an incentive to lose...

If your goal is to have the least amount of teams tanking, then you want the #1 to go to the absolute worst team and a playoff system that keeps mediocre teams in it for the longest period possible...
That's a good explanation.

Back
Top Bottom