Just Watched Some Kalen Ballage Highlights | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Just Watched Some Kalen Ballage Highlights

Sirspud

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Reaction score
And the player he most reminds me of is Jay Ajayi. No, seriously. Now he doesn't have that jumpcut that Ajayi has, but they are both downhill runners who have the type of balance that really good second level running backs have (and that guys like Lamar Miller, succeeding with vision and quickness, don't). Ballage plays pretty tall for a running back, I'm not sure of his actual height, and it takes full tackles to bring him down. He can flat out truck smaller guys and he can carry a pile. At least in college he was as hard to bring down as a young Ronnie Brown was.

I'm not sure how his speed will play in the NFL. At times even on his highlight reel he looked to have fullback speed in the NFL, while other times he seemed to be a bit faster. This can be hard to judge against college at times and there are times when a player just plays quick enough where it isn't an issue.

I wouldn't say I'm sold on the guy - highlight reels, especially against competition at the last level, make just about anyone look good. But I'm definitely intrigued by how he will play and was surprised how closely he reminded me of the player he is replacing in some aspects.

For reference, here's the reel.

And the player he most reminds me of is Jay Ajayi. No, seriously. Now he doesn't have that jumpcut that Ajayi has, but they are both downhill runners who have the type of balance that really good second level running backs have (and that guys like Lamar Miller, succeeding with vision and quickness, don't). Ballage plays pretty tall for a running back, I'm not sure of his actual height, and it takes full tackles to bring him down. He can flat out truck smaller guys and he can carry a pile. At least in college he was as hard to bring down as a young Ronnie Brown was.

I'm not sure how his speed will play in the NFL. At times even on his highlight reel he looked to have fullback speed in the NFL, while other times he seemed to be a bit faster. This can be hard to judge against college at times and there are times when a player just plays quick enough where it isn't an issue.

I wouldn't say I'm sold on the guy - highlight reels, especially against competition at the last level, make just about anyone look good. But I'm definitely intrigued by how he will play and was surprised how closely he reminded me of the player he is replacing in some aspects.

For reference, here's the reel.

Actually the knock on him is that he is easy to bring down for someone his size. Suppose to be very fast tho

His yards after contact in his college career was very poor

Quite surprising considering his size and speed,
but he may just be a better pro than college player...hopefully

I think he has poor balance. Ronnie Brown was the better back imo.

His yards after contact in his college career was very poor

Quite surprising considering his size and speed,
but he may just be a better pro than college player...hopefully

That could be a byproduct of running wildcat and plays thrown to him behind the line where he had nowhere to go. I like this kid a lot as a player and a person. His speed is impressive at that size.

He's actually listed at 6'3" 229 lbs on the Dolphins team roster. That makes him the same height as DeVante Parker only 20 lbs heavier.
Make no mistake - Kalen Ballage is a very very big man - he's bigger than most cornerbacks and safeties. He's actually built more like a linebacker.

He's actually listed at 6'3" 229 lbs on the Dolphins team roster. That makes him the same height as DeVante Parker only 20 lbs heavier.
Make no mistake - Kalen Ballage is a very very big man - he's bigger than most cornerbacks and safeties.

he measured 6014 and 228 pounds at both the combine and his pro day.

the dolphins have his height incorrect. he is just under 6'1 1/2.

still a large RB!

he measured 6014 and 228 pounds at both the combine and his pro day.

the dolphins have his height incorrect. he is just under 6'1 1/2.

still a large RB!
Thx circumstances - Maybe just putting on a Dolphins jersey gave Kalen a bigger head - lol.

Last edited:
I think he has poor balance. Ronnie Brown was the better back imo.
maybe but he couldn't stay healthy. I think he only had one year in which he played all 16 games. Hoping this kid will be more durable

Thx circumstances - Maybe just putting on a Dolphins jersey gave Kalen's a bigger head - lol.
That may be it!

But I think his college had him listed at 6'3" as well. Those college neasurements are ridiculous sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom