just wondering.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

just wondering....

icezero09

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hey all this is my first post on the board so take it easy on me please!! :cool:

I just saw on ESPN that the Ravens would be releasing Shannon Sharpe due to his comments about losing Sharper and Lewis. This may be stupid, but what are the chances that the Fins could land him (i dont know his salary or what it would mean for our cap). Wouldnt he be a big help for Fiedler and a very decent weapon for Norv??

Welcome IceZero

Shannon Sharpe would be a great additon to the team but the money he wants will be a big strain on our cap situation. Norv Turner's offense does warrant a good pass catching TE, but I believe that Wannie is banking on Shawn Draper or Alonzo Mayes to step up and fill that void full time. But if they don't fulfill expectations we still have Jed Weaver who's been our best pass catching TE over the past couple of years.

not to mention that we all hate Shannon Sharpe for his past transgression against Dan :toliet:

BTW - welcome a-board icezero09 ;)

i cam't remember the name!

Originally posted by dolphan39
not to mention that we all hate Shannon Sharpe for his past transgression against Dan :toliet:

BTW - welcome a-board icezero09 ;)
but what sharpe did was nothing compared to the steeler that tried to knock dan out of the game. the name is right on the tip of my tongue, i'll think of it later!:rolleyes:

i think it was kirkland!

but i'm not sure, does anybody know? this guy actualy said he was gonna do it if he got a shot!:fire:

I think you are right 06.I remember him sacking Marino(and hurting him)in that game as well.Marino played the remainder of that game though.Monday nighter,I believe.

not sure of the name...........

Originally posted by va dolfan
I think you are right 06.I remember him sacking Marino(and hurting him)in that game as well.Marino played the remainder of that game though.Monday nighter,I believe.
but i do remember the guy saying he was gonna knock dan out of the game and i remember the announcers talking about it being a cheap shot and he should be kicked out of the game, marino got rid of the ball long before he was hit!:fire:

Yup, and when Lloyd hit Dan, Marino reached up, grabbed Lloyds facemask, and told him what he thought of him right there.

It all came back to haunt Greg though, he was injured, and out for the season I belive the next year, and has never played at the same level since. In fact isn't he out of football now?

I hope we don't sign Shannon for all the bad things he said about the Fins, and he won't sign with us. His brother is so much cooler than him.

No question Sharpe has talent but his Energizer mouth keeps going and going and.... He would be a detriment to a team like the 'Fins who, for the most part, have a lot of character and try to keep the moronic trash talking to a minimum. The only thing that saddens me about the prospects of Sharpe possibly retiring this year is that we'll probably have to see him on some NFL pregame show where he'll be given the opportunity to run his mouth even more. That just makes me sad.

Shannon Sharpe is a great ballplayer but a big mouth pain in the ass. I remember when he talked trash about how they were going to beat the Dolphins on opening night (Monday night) when he was with the Broncos and Miami kicked their ass. Jason Taylor and the rest of the defense was definitely running their mouths to him at the end. That was great!

Back
Top Bottom