Justin Blackmon @ 8 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Justin Blackmon @ 8

You can find good receivers throughout the draft inluding undrafted free agents. It's pretty difficult to hit on quarterbacks outside the first round. Here are last years top 10 receiving leaders and the round they were drafted. I take a shot on the QB. Brandon Marshall didn't change this team's overall record and neither will Justin Blackmon......hitting on a QB will. Whether you like Tannehill or not he could develop into an elite player at QB.....and that is what will make the Dolphins relevant again.

Receiving Yards Leaders - All Players

RKPLAYERDraft Round
1Calvin Johnson, WR1
2Wes Welker, WRUndrafted
3Victor Cruz, WRUndrafted
4Larry Fitzgerald, WR1
5Steve Smith, WR3
6Rob Gronkowski, TE2
7Jimmy Graham, TE3
8Roddy White, WR1
9Jordy Nelson, WR2
10Brandon Marshall, WR 4

My dream scenerio is Blackmon in the 1st and Weeden in the 2nd. I have absolutley no faith whatsoever that either player will be available when we pick in those rounds though. If I'm being realistic and picking ahead of time off a list of players I think will be there when we draft I'd like Miami to take either Floyd or Keuchly with their 1st round pick. I wouldn't be too pissed with Tannehill at #8 because I'd reserve final judgment on him until I've seen him play a season or two, but my expectations wouldn't be very high.

If you are convinced about Tannehill, then he is the pick NO MATTER who is on the board b/c a franchise QB is worth more than ANY other position, no ifs, ands, or buts.

If you are not convinced then you go with the hihger draft grade, which in this case is Blackmon.

If you are convinced about Tannehill, then he is the pick NO MATTER who is on the board b/c a franchise QB is worth more than ANY other position, no ifs, ands, or buts.

If you are not convinced then you go with the hihger draft grade, which in this case is Blackmon.

I agree with that statement completely. I'm convinced about Weeden.

You can find good receivers throughout the draft inluding undrafted free agents. It's pretty difficult to hit on quarterbacks outside the first round.

Tannehill is a 2nd round talent. Just because a team is desperate, reaches, and takes him in the 1st round, doesn't make him a better QB.

Tannehill is a 2nd round talent. Just because a team is desperate, reaches, and takes him in the 1st round, doesn't make him a better QB.

Not sure I agree with that. In a passing league you may need to redefine what you consider 1st round talent at the QB position. Teams appear to be thinking the same way considering the run on QBs last year. If Tannehill has a reasonable chance to succeed as a very good NFL QB after sitting for a year then I say pull the trigger.

1st round talent at any other position without a QB is not getting you anywhere. Ask Adrian Peterson and Jared Allen where they are picking this year.

Blackmon will not be there at 8... why does everyone keep hoping and wishing he will? Just setting yourself up for disappointment.

anybody know anything about the kid outta App St Brian Quick ?? his videos look really impressive but i knowwww everyones videos look impressive

Back
Top Bottom