Justin Blackmon not the top WR on every board | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Justin Blackmon not the top WR on every board

I've been talking about Wright for a good while now. I remember seeing some mocks having him as a 3rd round pick early on and I was wishing that could come true. What a steal that would be (wouldn't happen, I know).

I don't claim to know the ins and outs like Slimm, hoos and CK ... but I do know a player when I see one, and Kendall Wright is a player.

I haven't seen enough Wright to make any bold proclamations, and player analogies are poor excuses for evaluation, but watching him move (speaking both with and without the ball) reminds me of something between S. Holmes and S. Smith (Carolina). Really intrigued.

your boy aldon smith is a flat out stud...that kid wore out the packers left tackles all game long...i wish there was some kind of freak explosion athlete like that for us in the top 10 of this draft...but just our luck i guess i don't see it...

he's a more polished jpp...fantastic hand strength stud...between aldon smith jpp and jj watt the nfl has added some straight studs in the last 2 years...rediculous talents

your boy aldon smith is a flat out stud...that kid wore out the packers left tackles all game long...i wish there was some kind of freak explosion athlete like that for us in the top 10 of this draft...but just our luck i guess i don't see it...

he's a more polished jpp...fantastic hand strength stud...between aldon smith jpp and jj watt the nfl has added some straight studs in the last 2 years...rediculous talents

Nice pick on the Giants game. I've only missed two playoff games so far (Steelers and Packers). Too bad my SB champ is out. Ah well.

But yeah, I love A. Smith. He made a Pro Bowl LT look like a donk on multiple occasions. I'll be the first to admit that I didn't expect him to play this well this soon. This last draft class though was so ****ing loaded. Just a bunch of big-time players. Von Miller, P. Peterson, M. Dareus, C. Newton, A. Green, J. Jones, and J. Watt have all played at a level that would justify a #1 overall selection. I'm probably forgetting a couple. Just a ridiculous class.

i think miami barring a trade up is gonna decide on coples if he's there regardless of if we stick in a 34 or go to a 43...i just believe that ireland is gonna go that route and courtney upshaws lack of height and rediculous type top 10 tools will have us stayin away...coples though for my money isn't a wow explosion athlete...i think we run a lot of 4 man fronts in some packages and coples can also shift inside and rush from the inside given his massive size...

won't surprise me at all if he's the guy on draft day

I have not seen much of wright so I cant comment on him..But his size worries me a bit.. but he does have elite timed speed which you cant teach..To me Justin Blackmon is a man tho..That guy looks like what Brandon Marshall was in Denver..Fighting for ever yard..Towering over the competition.

The keys are his size and speed. A guy like Floyd from ND is prototypical size/speed, compared to Calvin Johnson. Another big guy with wheels is Alshon Jeffries. I see Blackmon being a great #1 WR, but maybe not the deep threat, a lot like a Hines Ward.

what?

Well first Floyd is nowhere near as gifted or as fast as Calvin. Since when did Alshon get "wheels" for a receiver getting looked at in the 1st round he is sloww, got Mike Williams #2 written all over him coming out fo school.

The thing that really threw me off is how you could even begin to compare Blackmon and Ward, Ward is a sure handed possession receiver who is a very good blocker , Blackmon is a big play threat, who misses the occasional easy ball. They are just completely different receivers. Honestly T.O. is the perfect comparison, they play almost identical. Hines ward was never a bonafide #1 comparing the two is kind of a slap in the face to Blackmon.

I dont mean to come at you or anything I just completely disagree.

Well first Floyd is nowhere near as gifted or as fast as Calvin. Since when did Alshon get "wheels" for a receiver getting looked at in the 1st round he is sloww, got Mike Williams #2 written all over him coming out fo school.

The thing that really threw me off is how you could even begin to compare Blackmon and Ward, Ward is a sure handed possession receiver who is a very good blocker , Blackmon is a big play threat, who misses the occasional easy ball. They are just completely different receivers. Honestly T.O. is the perfect comparison, they play almost identical. Hines ward was never a bonafide #1 comparing the two is kind of a slap in the face to Blackmon.

I dont mean to come at you or anything I just completely disagree.
That's fair. I compare Blackmon to Ward in that he runs great routes and is terrific after the catch. He makes the hard catches, goes over the middle, and displays toughness. Neither one is a true deep threat, big plays come from an 8yd catch that he turns into a big play. TO is a similar WR but is a couple inches taller and 10lbs heavier.

The other rec I mention are both several inches taller and 10-15lbs bigger. Floyd has been called the WR in this draft that most resembles Johnson. So what I meant was Blackmon, listed at 6'1" and 215, isn't prototypical size.

I like him, but if he's one WR on your team you need someone on the other side who can fly. Sort of like Michael Irvin who always had an opposite guy to run the flag. That's still pretty dang good.

Back
Top Bottom