Justin Herbert looks really good- was tannebaum right? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Justin Herbert looks really good- was tannebaum right?

Maybe give it more than 2 games and also, you know, we haven’t even seen Tua yet

Also this isn’t dolphin related. Moved to general NFL forum

Burrow looks good.

Herbert looks like he could be another Matt Ryan, a bunch of empty stats culminating in a loss.

Hold on... how can you say Herbert puts up empty stats because he's played well and his team is 0-3 and in the same breath say Burrow has looked good because he's played well and his team was 0-3 before finally getting a win in week four? So all it takes is one win to go from being someone who puts up numbers but loses games to being someone who looks good and is promising? Seems like you're holding one player to a different standard than the other or putting too a lot of weight on that one win.

Last edited:
Hold on... how can you say Herbert puts up empty stats because he's played well and his team is 0-3 and in the same breath say Burrow has looked good because he's played well and his team was 0-3 before finally getting a win in week four? So all it takes is one win to go from being someone who puts up numbers but loses games to being someone who looks good and is promising? Seems like you're holding one player to a different standard than the other or putting too a lot of weight on that one win.
Burrow looked good before the win and he has almost nothing around him. If wasn’t playing the the bengals would be 0-4 with a very high - scoring differential. He’s extending plays and making stuff happening out of nothing. Herbert I’m not seeing it so far

Burrow looked good before the win and he has almost nothing around him. If wasn’t playing the the bengals would be 0-4 with a very high - scoring differential. He’s extending plays and making stuff happening out of nothing. Herbert I’m not seeing it so far

Yes, but what I'm saying is you say Burrow looked good in games his teams lost and that's ok, but Herbert looks good in games his teams lost and somehow he's just putting up hollow numbers. I'm just struggling to see why Herbert not getting similar credit. As for offensive talent around him, Burrow has Mixon, AJ Green, Eifert, Boyd and Higgins. It's not like the cupboard was bare there offensively.

I always felt Herberts college coaches were holding him back. He seems to have taken to pro coaching and his strength's have been on display, at the pro level. Lets see if he's able to adjust when defense start adjusting to him. Looks like a winner.

The Bengals haven't lost three games.

I have been very impressed with Herbert so far.He threw a TD last week with the rush in his face that really showed me something.

I know he will be connected to Tua because they were drafted next to each other but his being good does not mean Tua won't be good as well.

I think most teams would have taken Tua in Miami's spot.

Kid is prolly going to win ROY. He is way ahead of were he should be as a rookie! He is on track to have one of the best rookie seasons of all time at QB. Crazy

He looks good for a young qb. Charger fans must be happy with what they are seeing

But I'm sure some people will still find a way to nitpick his game just cause

Last edited:
Makes me second guess if we got the pick right. Tua had a horrendous injury and it remains to be seen if he will ever be the same player. I remember on draft day that they said there was some debate in the front office on who the Dolphins would pick at qb if available. Hopefully, the Dolphins made the right decision and he is as good as some posters say he is on here.

Back
Top Bottom