****Justin Herbert Super Thread**** | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Justin Herbert Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
That conservative offense didn't tell him to send the last pass of the game into the 3rd row behind the endzone

Perhaps not... but it made the game in question when maybe it shouldn’t have been?

We’ll see...I saw a very talented passer at the Senior bowl with different coaching.

Tua injured on the bench is still better then a fully healthy Herbert starting. Herbert is not a leader, has even said as much, has played poorly anytime he has been pressured. He was a good QB in the PAC 12, but that is like bragging you are the worlds tallest midget.

I take Tua, his injury history and those concerns every single draft over Herbert and his concerns as a player on the field.

I ask, not in support of Herbert, but in general: What conference is it that you believe produces more NFL quarterbacks than the PAC 12?

Perhaps not... but it made the game in question when maybe it shouldn’t have been?

We’ll see...I saw a very talented passer at the Senior bowl with different coaching.

He's not a scrub as a practice player or a controlled environment. It gets rough on him when the bullets fly as he struggles against pressure.

He's not a scrub as a practice player or a controlled environment. It gets rough on him when the bullets fly as he struggles against pressure.

No I get the narrative... The point of discussion for me is was he mid-handled by coaching that made him tentative due to their ultra-conservatism? There are coaches who beat into their QB’s head... no matter what, don’t turn the ball over.

What happens if he is allowed to let it rip?

What if he actually gets great QB coaching? That’s what Miami’s braintrust has to decide.

That said...to pretend that four lower extremity surgeries in two college seasons is not scary.... and extremely risky.... is foolish in my opinion.

I ask, not in support of Herbert, but in general: What conference is it that you believe produces more NFL quarterbacks than the PAC 12?

It was more of a reference for the shitty defenses and putting up good numbers...

Mahomes - Big 12
Wilson - ACC/then Big 10
Brady - Big 10
Brees - Big 10
Jackson - ACC
Watson - ACC
Rogers - Pac 12
Tannehill - Big 12 (at the time, now SEC)
Cousins - BIg 10
Stafford - SEC
Wentz - MVCF
Prescott - SEC
Ryan - ACC
Murray - Big 12
Garappalo - OVFC
Carr - Mountain West
Fitzpatrick - Ivy
Allen - Mountain West
Goff - Pac 12
Rivers - ACC
Winston ACC
Bridgewater - ACC
Jones - ACC
Mayfield - Big 12
Minshew - Pac 12
Darnold - Pac 12
Brissett - ACC
Haskins - Big 10
Lock - SEC
Dalton - Big 12
Trubisky - ACC
Flacco - Colonial

I think that is 32/33 NFL QBs that started this past season...

ACC - 9
Big 10 - 5
Big 12 - 4
Pac 12 - 4
SEC - 3
Other - 6

Herbert apparently complained several times about the offense. His frustration is well documented. I think there could be something there, in terms of "Holding Herbert Back", while in that offense at Oregon.
Well unfortunately for Herbert, Miami ditched their complex, innovative, and successful (considering online and RB situation) offense for a much more simple spread offense.

No... it’s actually a well documented flaw of Cristobal... and the point of the thread to debate.

Again... the Dolphins have spent a lot of time on Herbert...if they draft him I think the point will be one they see as well.
I have pretty much watched every through he’s made. Herbert cannot throw the ball down field. I’d love to see a stat on his completion percentage When he throws the ball more than 10 yards. I can promise you it’s not good

IMO there are only 2 talents worth that first round grade. Burrow and Tua.

Herbert I'm not a fan of. Just alot of Rosen in his game. The excuse making for the guy has already reached Rosen and Tannehill levels. And the guy isnt even a Fin yet....

And Love? The more I watch of that guy, the more I walk away thinking people are trying to project Mahomes onto him. With nothing but hope and everyone's favorite word "potential".

I watched that Wake Forest game with Love, and he left me underwhelmed.

No I get the narrative... The point of discussion for me is was he mid-handled by coaching that made him tentative due to their ultra-conservatism? There are coaches who beat into their QB’s head... no matter what, don’t turn the ball over.

What happens if he is allowed to let it rip?

What if he actually gets great QB coaching? That’s what Miami’s braintrust has to decide.

That said...to pretend that four lower extremity surgeries in two college seasons is not scary.... and extremely risky.... is foolish in my opinion.

Hoping a QB all of the sudden begins to process play quickly and begins to have a feel for the rush and all of the sudden can play under pressure is as risky and just as foolish.

Herbert has missed time as well.

I'll take the Tua injury risk knowing that I will have my answer in a year rather then waiting 5 plus years for Herbert to all of the sudden "get it". Talk about a hit to a franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom