****Justin Herbert Super Thread**** | Page 35 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Justin Herbert Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Herbert didn't have any questions about him he'd be the consensus #1 overall pick imo, healthy Tua or no healthy Tua. I still think the best comp is Josh Allen and I do have some questions about Herbert's accuracy, but I'm a buyer of the overall picture as I was with Allen. I see a high caliber pro arm and good touch in Herbert, want to see more as per mid range accuracy, interested to see how he may or may not flourish in a pro systems that dwarfs the crapitude he was stuck with in college. Also throwing to better receivers, but he did have a good O-Line. Bottom line I'm a buyer. I still think that Fromm's career and ability are getting tossed out with the proverbial bathwater because off an off year last year, there were some issues going on in Georgia- who did Fromm have to throw to, etc. I like Fromm, if we drafted him at #18 or #26 I'd be fine with that, but Herbert's arm is a cut above, not only Fromm but Tua's is well- and I do respect the accuracy of Tua, but his arm strength is pedestrian imo.
But there ARE questions and he will be drafted on what he could do if he puts it all together sounds a lot like Tannehill

Well for starters, 80 TD and 18 INT playing in the SEC. Maybe next his intelligence, ability to process information and play the position at a high level mentally, leadership qualities, perceived ability to transition easily to the NFL. Beat out Eason and Fields, sent them packing. Accuracy, 6-2 220 lb. size. Things like that. Good arm strength, not great, but in my mind a very good prospect.
Accuracy? He was at 60.8% this season. He had a 5 game stretch at the end of the year where he didn't break 50%.

Game managers don't belong anywhere near the 1st round.

But there ARE questions and he will be drafted on what he could do if he puts it all together sounds a lot like Tannehill
They are all drafted on what they could do if they put it all together to no small degree.

That's why we use terms like ceiling and floor.

Fromm just isn't a 1st round talent and actually shouldn't get drafted before Day 3 to be perfectly honest. Small hands and was the quintessential game manager in college. You don't all of a sudden start pouring it on once you jump a league.

What in the actual f....

Well this was a fun read.

Random thoughts:

- I do not understand why someone who disliked Tannehill for his lack of both pocket awareness and ability to move through reads quickly would champion Herbert.

- What’s most concerning to me is that Herbert has displayed long stretches of inaccuracy when he gets rattled. That’s something that I’m not convinced is easily fixable at the next level when everything gets bigger and faster.

I’m probably in the minority, but Herbert is fifth on my list of QB I’d draft.

Also, that one NFL analyst?

Here’s another tidbit from him:

“I have not spoken to one NFL evaluator who believes Lamar Jackson is an NFL quarterback.”

- Matt Miller

Drafting Herbert seems like drafting for tools as his on the field doesnt match his arm. If we are drafting for tools, I would much rather take Love at 18 or 26.

Also, that one NFL analyst?

Here’s another tidbit from him:

“I have not spoken to one NFL evaluator who believes Lamar Jackson is an NFL quarterback.”

- Matt Miller
Kind of puts things in perspective....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom