****Justin Herbert Super Thread**** | Page 37 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Justin Herbert Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still see so many of the same traits in Herbert as I did in Tannehill. Sometimes he really looks the part, makes all the throws and has flashes of brilliance.... until the game matters most. In those moments, Herbert just like Tannehill, have a tendency to fall short.

I will say I believe Herbert is a miles better prospect than Tannehill was, but Tua had 10 Games in the last 2 years where he threw 4 Tds and 0 Ints. If both QBs stay healthy, Tua is the better prospect.

I think Tanny is a very good leader, he showed that last year with the titans, under great pressure he delivered, his command of the huddle was stellar, you could hear his yelling in the second floor of the stadium. he did that in Miami also without him we had little chance of winning.

that said I think that Herbert or Love might not be Tua or Burrow but they can be more than capable QBs to become a winning franchise, if miami trades down from 5 they can still get Herbert or Love plus another first rounder which to me would be the best scenario.

if miami trades down from 5 they can still get Herbert or Love plus another first rounder which to me would be the best scenario.
There will be no trading down and landing Herbert. His floor is probably the 6th pick. Love is a dangerous one to try and trade down for, go too far down the board and you’ll get jumped real quick

There will be no trading down and landing Herbert. His floor is probably the 6th pick. Love is a dangerous one to try and trade down for, go too far down the board and you’ll get jumped real quick
Yeah, the demand for QBs in today's NFL is gigantic which is why all these teams are always trying to trade up when they can. If you trade down you can rest assured that someone will inevitably jump you because they know you're the floor for Love if Burrow/Tua/Herbert are already gone.

Yeah, the demand for QBs in today's NFL is gigantic which is why all these teams are always trying to trade up when they can. If you trade down you can rest assured that someone will inevitably jump you because they know you're the floor for Love if Burrow/Tua/Herbert are already gone.
Precisely

Gentlemen obviously political and racially suggestive comments will not be allowed in the main forum.

Your post will be deleted and if it happens again you will be banned from posting in this conversation.

In the future do not reply guys just report the post

No professional experience, just common sense.

Same question to you,

I've coached high school football for 32 years, most of those years as a head coach. I have a BA - History, Masters and Doctorate in Education and Sports Leadership.
I was part of a staff that won the CIF championship at the same school I graduated from.
I've attended Professional coaching clinics and spoken at a few of them for 32 years. I know hundreds of college coaches and a good portion of NFL coaches personally.
I was recruited myself, and had my youngest son accept a D-1 football scholarship.
I wasn't good enough to make it, but had a try out with the Chargers after getting all conference in a semi Pro league. As a player I was All League, All County, and All CIF in Southern California at Running Back my Junior and Senior year. My team won league and CIF Championships.
I've place over 75 student athletes on college scholarship in those 32 years, mostly in football.
I've coached in the Army All American Bowl Game. Almost all of the players in this game accepted Full Rides.
I've Coached as the Head Coach of the California All Star Game. Most of those players accepted D-1 scholarships.
25 of my former players are in the NFL or used to be in the NFL.
I've had another 15 or so play in the CFL.
I'll have up to 4-5 more former players drafted in this upcoming 2020 NFL draft.

That's all I could come up with before finishing my coffee, hopefully it measures up to your "common sense"...

Last edited by a moderator:
I've coached high school football for 32 years, most of those years as a head coach. I have a BA - History, Masters and Doctorate in Education and Sports Leadership.
I was part of a staff that won the CIF championship at the same school I graduated from.
I've attended Professional coaching clinics and spoken at a few of them for 32 years. I know hundreds of college coaches and a good portion of NFL coaches personally.
I was recruited myself, and had my youngest son accept a D-1 football scholarship.
I wasn't good enough to make it, but had a try out with the Chargers after getting all conference in a semi Pro league. As a player I was all league, all county, and All CIF in Southern California at Running Back my Junior and senior year. My team won league and CIF Championships.
I've place over 75 student athletes on college scholarship in those 32 years, mostly in football.
I've coached in the Army All American Bowl Game. Almost all of the players in this game accepted Full Rides.
I've Coached as the Head Coach of the California All Star Game. Most of those players accepted D-1 scholarships.
I'll have up to 4-5 more former players drafted in this upcoming 2020 NFL draft.

That's all I could come up with before finishing my coffee, hopefully it measures up to your "common sense"...

All that experience and you still think scouts look at highlight tapes?

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn't good enough to make it, but had a try out with the Chargers after getting all conference in a semi Pro league. As a player I was All League, All County, and All CIF in Southern California at Running Back my Junior and Senior year. My team won league and CIF Championships.

Impressive resume.

I have two questions - Do you have any eligibility left, and can you kick a football through the uprights?

We're still looking for someone who can do this in Tuscaloosa.

Debate the thread topic guys and do not make it personal

All that experience and you still think scouts look at highlight tapes?
He's not wrong. It'd be like trying to get into an art school and if your best paintings or whatever aren't good enough, there's no further evaluation. It's the easiest and fastest way to initially filter out the thousands of applicants.

The entire job of a coach is to try and get a player to play up to their maximum ability as often as possible. If your maximum ability sucks, you suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom