****Justin Herbert Super Thread**** | Page 44 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Justin Herbert Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still has a stronger arm.
I mean for sharts and gargles at the combine why don't they just have a distance toss to truly test who has the strongest arm? I really don't think it would matter that much, but would be fun to watch that's for sure!

I mean for sharts and gargles at the combine why don't they just have a distance toss to truly test who has the strongest arm? I really don't think it would matter that much, but would be fun to watch that's for sure!
They should do an endzone to endzone skill comp.

Herbert's isn't on the level of Josh Allen. Cam Newton's arm is easily as good as Herbert's. I never said Herbert's arm and athleticism wasn't unique. I'm just trying to tell people that the best combo of arm and athleticism over the past 20 years was bullsh^t. But you can still believe it if you want to.

I didn't say that either...when I asked, I was honestly curious. What is interesting...Allen may end up being the best comp, although Herbert is more accurate while Allen may have better feel.

I didn't say that either...when I asked, I was honestly curious. What is interesting...Allen may end up being the best comp, although Herbert is more accurate while Allen may have better feel.

I truly believe Herbert is a better prospect than Allen . . . Except Allen has shown a confidence gene in his second season that Herbert needs to add to his arsenal. If you possess this unique skillset of size/ability . . . Go out there and be "that" dude. Don't just be apart of the system, go out there and be the system.

Those are the things u see from Rodgers, Mahomes, Wilson, Jackson, Deshaun, etc.

Again I don't know how much was him and how much was Oregon but I want this kid to get around a IDGAF QB just so some of that rubs off on him from a confidence standpoint.

He has the tools to compliment that confidence and really become a special player at the position but I won't pretend that is an easy thing to obtain and often that inability will doom a QB from reaching his potential.

I would love to see that moving target thing from the QB skills competition brought to the combine. It'd be interesting to test the accuracy of each of these guys at different depths of throw, as well to have them throw on rollouts and aiming for those same moving targets at different depths.

draft Hebert and keep all the picks is the way to go.
drafting Tua is not the smart move.

draft Hebert and keep all the picks is the way to go.
drafting Tua is not the smart move.
I tend to agree, but you can really never know what the "smart move" was, until after the fact.

I don't put Tua in this observation, because there are obviously extenuating circumstances, but these QBs that chose not to throw (Fromm, Burrow) seem like they are afraid to put it out there. I'm sure they have been given advice, to wait for their pro day, where they have more control over the situation, but I give Herbert credit. He is doing everything in his power to prove himself worthy of a high pick.

I like that attitude.

I tend to agree, but you can really never know what the "smart move" was, until after the fact.

I don't put Tua in this observation, because there are obviously extenuating circumstances, but these QBs that chose not to throw (Fromm, Burrow) seem like they are afraid to put it out there. I'm sure they have been given advice, to wait for their pro day, where they have more control over the situation, but I give Herbert credit. He is doing everything in his power to prove himself worthy of a high pick.

I like that attitude.

Fromm did throw, and it wasnt good. Burrow is riding the hype train and will throw for the first time in the off season 6 days before Tua's pro day after he recovers from a major hip surgery. Seems odd. The combine isnt a controlled environment. You throw to guys you dont know who have different speeds and varying level of hands, and are standing out there with everyone looking at you including guys waiting their turn, it really inst scripted to the level of a pro day and they can switch things up on you. IMO Burrow has dropped to QB3 and is trying to create a perfect storm again to look amazing. He will go 73 for 75 on his pro day and hype himself back up. But I think when you couple his measurements with some of his lack luster tools he starts to fall down if you are honest with yourself.

Fromm did throw, and it wasnt good. Burrow is riding the hype train and will throw for the first time in the off season 6 days before Tua's pro day after he recovers from a major hip surgery. Seems odd. The combine isnt a controlled environment. You throw to guys you dont know who have different speeds and varying level of hands, and are standing out there with everyone looking at you including guys waiting their turn, it really inst scripted to the level of a pro day and they can switch things up on you. IMO Burrow has dropped to QB3 and is trying to create a perfect storm again to look amazing. He will go 73 for 75 on his pro day and hype himself back up. But I think when you couple his measurements with some of his lack luster tools he starts to fall down if you are honest with yourself.
Ahhh

I was under the impression Fromm didn't throw. I know he has a limited arm, as far as deep outs.

All I hear are the "excuses" for Herbert that the offense he was in held him back. :lol:

Somewhat like the excuse with Love, that he threw so many INTs because he had teammates missing.

All I know is at the Senior Ball, both were on equal footing, and Herbert outshined Love.

Last night again on equal footing, Herbert outshined Love again.

Like both QBs, could care less what direction the staff goes if Burrow and Tua are gone between both of them, but I have been impressed more lately with how Herbert has looked.

Why on earth would burrow throw?

Burrow is the world wide unanimous #1 pick. Why does he have to do literally anything until rookie camp in Cincinnati?

I’d be more concerned if he DID participate. He has absolutely no where to go but down.

he isn’t hiding anything. He just won the Heisman, man handled his competition and completed 80% of his passes in the SEC

He doesn’t have a thing to prove to anyone. He’s the #1 pick. He shouldn’t lift a finger till he has to

sell you on my strengths, make you pay to see my weaknesses

Why on earth would burrow throw?

Burrow is the world wide unanimous #1 pick. Why does he have to do literally anything until rookie camp in Cincinnati?

I’d be more concerned if he DID participate. He has absolutely no where to go but down.

he isn’t hiding anything. He just won the Heisman, man handled his competition and completed 80% of his passes in the SEC

He doesn’t have a thing to prove to anyone. He’s the #1 pick. He shouldn’t lift a finger till he has to

sell you on my strengths, make you pay to see my weaknesses
All true except the question mark is his arm strength and by not showing off his arm he is all but admitting that he has a weaker arm in this class

Of course he stood the chance to lose money - but he all but conceded he doesn’t have a big arm by sitting out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom