****Justin Herbert Super Thread**** | Page 63 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Justin Herbert Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
It always amuses me when critics fail to account for all circumstances around a QB.

Last year I pushed for Drew Lock... all the “experts” were so indignant that Drew Lock was a bust...Denver doesn’t think so now!

He still might be a bust. A lot of teams feel like QB’s are the future after a few games or a few seasons. But they’re not.

Furthermore, all the experts were trying to tell you was that Drew Lock wasn’t a 1st round quarterback - which is what you were pushing. Those experts were right. Denver didn’t even like him enough to avoid drafting two players ahead of him.

I just think you can find good tape and poor tape on all players both in college and pros if you look hard enough

For sure...Tua threw 2 interceptions in the National championship game where he got routed by Clemson and Trevor!

The thing with Herbert is you have to decide how much you blame on the overly conservative Cristobal offense... and how much you blame on him?

I liked what Herbert did in Mobile free from that baggage!

He still might be a bust. A lot of teams feel like QB’s are the future after a few games or a few seasons. But they’re not.

Furthermore, all the experts were trying to tell you was that Drew Lock wasn’t a 1st round quarterback - which is what you were pushing. Those experts were right. Denver didn’t even like him enough to avoid drafting two players ahead of him.

In re-draft... where would he get drafted?

What's more likely? The coaching staff can teach Herbert to use his physical talent to its fullest, or they can teach Tagovailoa to play to his fullest and be more durable?

The latter.

Like, say, Peyton Manning — Tua has proved he could play at an elite level in college. Herbert has not.

People were enamored with Ryan Leaf’s physical talent and thought they could teach him to use it to its fullest too, along with a myriad of other physically gifted prospects over the history of the sport, but it’s not that easy.

The NBA used to consistently make the same mistake with 7-foot prospects, thinking that ’you can't teach size’. The reality was, they couldn’t often teach size to play up to the potential they felt they had.

Herbert could surprise and develop and play better in the NFL than he did in college. Who knows. But drafting him largely due to his physical attributes rather than based upon his play is typically a recipe for failure.

I’d gamble on the player with the better resume of on-field play versus physical talent 100 out of 100 times knowing that I’d come out on the better end of it a majority of the time.

You can't teach a guy to be more durable.

Some might argue that you can’t teach a QB that doesn’t have ‘it‘ to suddenly have it.

And a player can certainly avoid freak injuries in the future when they weren’t able to in the past. Surely you are aware of players over your time watching sports that suffered from poor luck with injuries prior to going pro that somehow were luckier after going pro. It happens.

Hell, Dan Marino suffered all his knee injuries in HS and college yet still managed to build a HOF 16 year career in the NFL. His achilles was the only real super serious injury he suffered 10 years in.

Maybe Herbert breaks the curse, but there have been a few "sure thing" top 3 pick QBs out of Oregon over the past 20 years. Unfortunately, none have shown to be a top tier QB: Akili Smith, Joey Harrington, and Marcus Mariota.

I think after 3 or 4 seasons worth of game film you could likely put together a highlight clip or lowlight clip on just about any qb. Bottom line is after watch more than just a select 10 or 15 plays does the coaching staff see enough to work with and are the areas of concern areas that can be ironed out with coaching and NFL experience?

In re-draft... where would he get drafted?

Probably about where he was drafted to begin with. I had him as my 4th ranked quarterback and he was the 4th quarterback to come off the board. He’d still be the 4th quarterback to come off the board in a redraft - and it still wouldn’t be in the 1st round.

Nobody is ready to trade the QB they drafted last year ahead of Drew Lock for Drew Lock.

Waiting for your 12 minutes video going in depth on why you think he's wrong...

So, you actually liked this review?

How many reviews have you watched so far?

Let You-tube be your friend.

I know in this dystopian world that might seem like a scary idea.

Check out Chris Simms, Danial Jerimiah, Bucky Brooks, look at ALL the video reviews you can find.

That's what I do.

Look at the highlights and games.

You know....

THINK FOR YOURSELF. ;)

So, you actually liked this review?

How many reviews have you watched so far?

Let You-tube be your friend.

I know in this dystopian world that might seem like a scary idea.

Check out Chris Simms, Danial Jerimiah, Bucky Brooks, look at ALL the video reviews you can find.

That's what I do.

Look at the highlights and games.

You know....

THINK FOR YOURSELF. ;)
Did you catch all the points he left off the board with his under and overthrows - my word

Probably about where he was drafted to begin with. I had him as my 4th ranked quarterback and he was the 4th quarterback to come off the board. He’d still be the 4th quarterback to come off the board in a redraft - and it still wouldn’t be in the 1st round.

Nobody is ready to trade the QB they drafted last year ahead of Drew Lock for Drew Lock.

Obviously I don’t agree...we’ll see how it plays out.

I’m quite sure a highly touted college QB who performed as Lock did would be a first round pick in a redraft...because it appears the critics were wrong.

Incorrect. It's clear that Drew Lock is indeed a first round quarterback and worthy of #1 overall pick.

Incorrect. It's clear that Drew Lock is indeed a first round quarterback and worthy of #1 overall pick.

Except 32 NFL teams disagreed with you, including the team that actually drafted him. But I forgot that this guy is smarter than all 32 NFL teams.

Except 32 NFL teams disagreed with you, including the team that actually drafted him. But I forgot that this guy is smarter than all 32 NFL teams.

Im smarter than you. It's irrelevant where the player is drafted, just like it was irrelevant where Russell Wilson was drafted or Brady, it's irrelevant what teams think and what you think. Russell Wilson and Tom Brady were first round players and worthy of #1 overall pick. It's only about who the player is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom