****Justin Herbert Super Thread**** | Page 67 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Justin Herbert Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
“His demeanor reminded me of Carson Palmer (at USC),” a second scout said. “Carson Palmer would come off the field when something went wrong and (offensive coordinator) Norm Chow would scream at him and he would shrug his shoulders and just go over to the bench and sit down. I see talent. I don’t see fire. (Jared) Goff had the same type of personality. Excellent family. Quiet, not outgoing. He’s smart (with a Wonderlic score of 25) but he doesn’t have that aggressive personality.”

Personally, seeing a fiery competitor is my preference ... I know results are what matter, but, this isn't a good endorsement IMO

“His demeanor reminded me of Carson Palmer (at USC),” a second scout said. “Carson Palmer would come off the field when something went wrong and (offensive coordinator) Norm Chow would scream at him and he would shrug his shoulders and just go over to the bench and sit down. I see talent. I don’t see fire. (Jared) Goff had the same type of personality. Excellent family. Quiet, not outgoing. He’s smart (with a Wonderlic score of 25) but he doesn’t have that aggressive personality.”

Personally, seeing a fiery competitor is my preference ... I know results are what matter, but, this isn't a good endorsement IMO

I think it was the Texas A&M where Juedy had a miss read on a play and Tua ripped him on the field. There was passion, and this desire to win to expect more out of your teammates around you, to care about every single play.

Just my personal opinion, but I just don't see this guy being a franchise QB. I honestly think he will be the biggest bust of this draft. Please don't pick this guy at 5 or even at all. This pick could set this franchise back.

Again, did they get it wrong? You’re patting yourself on the back pretty hard over a QB who had a few game manager-esque games to close out the season. Maybe let him play a full season before doing your victory lap?

The kid can play... not sure how some of you fail to see it...it was evident in college as well!

The kid can play... not sure how some of you fail to see it...it was evident in college as well!
Mayfield had a good season his first season then got brought back down to earth his second year. Let’s wait and see how he does this upcoming season (if there is even a season this year) before getting ahead of yourself.

Because I watched a ton of Oregon games...from his sophomore season on. I started watching because I knew Willie T and kept on watching after he left. Herbert does not read a defense, misses his WR and struggles under pressure.

Because I watched a ton of Oregon games...from his sophomore season on. I started watching because I knew Willie T and kept on watching after he left. Herbert does not read a defense, misses his WR and struggles under pressure.

I was referring to Lock... however Herbert will you prove you wrong also......

So many fail to account for poor coaching... scheme and surrounding talent.

Herbert showed at the Senior Bowl when getting proper coaching how well he can play!

I was referring to Lock... however Herbert will you prove you wrong also......

So many fail to account for poor coaching... scheme and surrounding talent.

Herbert showed at the Senior Bowl when getting proper coaching how well he can play!
Against basic defenses that are not allowed to blitz? He looked good because he didn't have the two best QBs there.

Tua hasnt looked all worldly against good competition either. In the NFL, all players are good. System and coaching make a big difference. Just look at Tannehill on the Dolphins vs the Titans version. Foles on the Eagles vs everywhere else.

Point is we dont know. Healthy Tua vs Herbert is a no brainer but injury prone Tua vs Herbert is more even than most think.

Herbert - = Tannehill 2. Jake Fromm is a better decision maker that beat out Eason. He doesn't have the arm like Hebert. decision making, anticipation, throwing to small windows and understanding progressions based on reading defenses is very important. Some QBs have it and some don't. TUJA does. Burrow Does. Fromm does. Hurts does (but needs better anticipation and accuracy).

They don't want to see it. They want tagovailoa, for one reason or another, and that means Herbert, Burrow and Rosen all suck. Oh, but Love is okay.

People are so desperate for a QB they will push any name forward who looks the part

Only 32 teams only 32 starters this is an exclusive club - there are not 4 quality starters in every draft - there are projects like this one

This is why Fitz stil has a contract even tho he has never made the POs

Wouldn't we LOVE to have a young Carson Palmer right about now.

'Fire' is overrated... and can be a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom