****Justin Herbert Super Thread**** | Page 71 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Justin Herbert Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I went and typed in Justin Herbert vs Jordan Love.And I'll be damned when I clicked on the 1st Video.
Mike muther****ing Tannenbum was at the center of this with him at the combine.Why is he at the Combine?...why was he at Mobile?..Gosh if he was there on Miami's behalf I'll be so damn pissed off.

So I went and typed in Justin Herbert vs Jordan Love.And I'll be damned when I clicked on the 1st Video.
Mike muther****ing Tannenbum was at the center of this with him at the combine.Why is he at the Combine?...why was he at Mobile?..Gosh if he was there on Miami's behalf I'll be so damn pissed off.
What are you talking about?

He's a media talking head now sell8ng his expertise, and valuable opinion.......lol

It is arguable as to whether they are better than Fitz, but even assuming they are, I don't see either one of them taking us on some miraculous playoff run, so what's the point of a one yr deal?
The benefit of a one year trial would be to evaluate if the QB they sign might just be the QB to lead the team for the next several years if they are not able to find a young QB in the next two drafts. Both Newton and Winston are still relatively young and they still might have 7-8 years left in the right system. I would rather have Burrow, Tua, Herbert, Lawrence or Fields in the next two drafts but if for some reason they don’t end up with one of those 5 QB’s, I would rather have Newton or Winston than Fitzpatrick going forward.

If Tua's gone at 5, I'm happy to trade down with Jacksonville or Vegas for their first pick this year and their first-rounder next year. Use our 3rd on Jalen Hurts (future backup at worst) and then have all the ammo to move up for Fields or Lawrence next year.
You could have 10 first round picks and no team with the first pick in the 2021 draft would trade with you for all ten of those picks. Lawrence is just that good. I doubt if 3 first round picks would be enough to trade up for Fields but I am not nearly convinced about him at the NFL level as I am Lawrence. So three first round picks might get a team to move off Fields and make the trade.

See if you can live with these weaknesses . . .
  • Can be inaccurate
  • Poor ball placement
  • Ball security; throws too many interceptions
  • Field vision
  • Working through progressions
  • Will need to learn working under center
  • Will need to learn working a NFL huddle
  • Will need to improve footwork
  • Prone to throwing too high
  • Can stare down his primary read

Oh, I forgot to mention, that list came from Deshaun watson's draft scouting report
Sneaky... :chuckle:

Remember that 16 year old “scout” that nailed Dion Jordan busting months before he even suited up for his rookie training camp? We should see what he says about Herbert.

I called him a bust too - i wanted Lane Johnson. I really didn't like Jordan's tape and thought his best asset was pass coverage......and i'm no NFL exec or draft god. Just a typical fan who loves to break down film and look for certain traits. On the flipside, i had a love affair with Bjoern Werner and look how that turned out.

At the end of the day, you get some right and you get some wrong. The number you get right just better be higher and more talented.

I have more faith in Orlovsky breaking down QBs than i do Simms.

Not me... Simms was much better pro than Orlovsky.

If you read it carefully... you can see they bring out that Herbert was stuck in a conservative dink and dunk offense...not a good fit for a cannon armed athlete like him.

Not me... Simms was much better pro than Orlovsky.

If you read it carefully... you can see they bring out that Herbert was stuck in a conservative dink and dunk offense...not a good fit for a cannon armed athlete like him.

The better player doesn't always make the better coach.

And Simms failed to come close to living up to his hype.

Mike works for ESPN.

When the draft starts the pressure ramps up 100 times. That's one of the things that's so cool about the draft. It's a big night, the biggest in some ways. Think musical chairs. Burrow goes #1 and then it starts. Someone like Gruden comes up for Tua at 2 or 3. Then someone snags Herbert at 4. The music stops, what QB did we get again? Nobody. I don't want Miami to just sit there and let this happen to them. We have all the draft capital we need to get our man. I'm hoping we do.

Count me surprised we have to bump Herberts and Burrows super threads lol

That is how likely we draft either of them

Drafting Herbert at #5 is the most sensible thing Miami can do. You leverage all of your draft capital enabling you to carry out your "plan" which is rebuild and compete immediately with young blue chip talent.

Trading up for Burrow or gambling on an injured Tua doesn't fit our plan.

Herbert has the most upside of any QB in this draft class. His measurables, intangibles, athleticism are all higher than Burrow or anyone else. This could be a very different conversation had Herbert powered the LSU or Alabama offense.

I've watched a lot of tape on Herbert, scrambling out of the pocket and delivering blows as he fights for yards and I knew I would cringe watching Tua do the same. Tua is just not a safe pick anymore. We have to move on.

Drafting Herbert at #5 is the most sensible thing Miami can do. You leverage all of your draft capital enabling you to carry out your "plan" which is rebuild and compete immediately with young blue chip talent.

Trading up for Burrow or gambling on an injured Tua doesn't fit our plan.

Herbert has the most upside of any QB in this draft class. His measurables, intangibles, athleticism are all higher than Burrow or anyone else. This could be a very different conversation had Herbert powered the LSU or Alabama offense.

I've watched a lot of tape on Herbert, scrambling out of the pocket and delivering blows as he fights for yards and I knew I would cringe watching Tua do the same. Tua is just not a safe pick anymore. We have to move on.
You better get ready to dodge when the Tua cult members see your post....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom