****Justin Herbert Super Thread**** | Page 72 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Justin Herbert Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched a PFF scouting report video online about Herbert and there main concern with him is that he does not "see" receivers open down the field. They have to come open for him to throw the ball.

Their comp for him was Tannehill in that he has the size, arm athleticism you want but needs guys to come open down field before he will look their way,

They did say that he was not suited for the offense they ran at Oregon and is better looking down field in a play action pass/running offense, not unlike Tenn where Tannehill flourished.

We can argue about what you think of PFF vs any other "experts" but this analysis gave me pause.

If Miami thinks they can coach him up then his talent is well worth gambling on, but I am not sure QB's get better at seeing the field even after good coaching.

The more I look at Herbert and Love as "projects" to some degree I think I am more willing to gamble on Tua's health

Apparently Tannenbaum was at it again on ESPN. He's on air talking up Justin Herbert and claiming he'd select Herbert over Tua. Should we be worried? After all he once had the the ear of our beloved owner Stephen Ross. I hope Ross has learned his lesson.

Drafting Herbert at #5 is the most sensible thing Miami can do. You leverage all of your draft capital enabling you to carry out your "plan" which is rebuild and compete immediately with young blue chip talent.

Trading up for Burrow or gambling on an injured Tua doesn't fit our plan.

Herbert has the most upside of any QB in this draft class. His measurables, intangibles, athleticism are all higher than Burrow or anyone else. This could be a very different conversation had Herbert powered the LSU or Alabama offense.

I've watched a lot of tape on Herbert, scrambling out of the pocket and delivering blows as he fights for yards and I knew I would cringe watching Tua do the same. Tua is just not a safe pick anymore. We have to move on.
Can't agree on the intangibles. In fact, those are the areas of his biggest question marks

I just watched a PFF scouting report video online about Herbert and there main concern with him is that he does not "see" receivers open down the field. They have to come open for him to throw the ball.

Their comp for him was Tannehill in that he has the size, arm athleticism you want but needs guys to come open down field before he will look their way,

They did say that he was not suited for the offense they ran at Oregon and is better looking down field in a play action pass/running offense, not unlike Tenn where Tannehill flourished.

We can argue about what you think of PFF vs any other "experts" but this analysis gave me pause.

If Miami thinks they can coach him up then his talent is well worth gambling on, but I am not sure QB's get better at seeing the field even after good coaching.

The more I look at Herbert and Love as "projects" to some degree I think I am more willing to gamble on Tua's health

He also drops his eyes off his receivers to find the rush way too frequently which is something that the quarterback simply cannot do in the NFL

Apparently Tannenbaum was at it again on ESPN. He's on air talking up Justin Herbert and claiming he'd select Herbert over Tua. Should we be worried? After all he once had the the ear of our beloved owner Stephen Ross. I hope Ross has learned his lesson.
I don't think so. Ross originally moved him out of football ops but kept him involved in other businesses. He has since been removed from that role as well. I firmly believe Ross has moved on.

Drafting Herbert at #5 is the most sensible thing Miami can do. You leverage all of your draft capital enabling you to carry out your "plan" which is rebuild and compete immediately with young blue chip talent.

Trading up for Burrow or gambling on an injured Tua doesn't fit our plan.

Herbert has the most upside of any QB in this draft class. His measurables, intangibles, athleticism are all higher than Burrow or anyone else. This could be a very different conversation had Herbert powered the LSU or Alabama offense.

I've watched a lot of tape on Herbert, scrambling out of the pocket and delivering blows as he fights for yards and I knew I would cringe watching Tua do the same. Tua is just not a safe pick anymore. We have to move on.
Wish I good give a "like x 10".....

I think thats a fair comparison and I agree. Herbert has very intriguing tool set and coaches will think they will be able to fix or mold him - and they might be able to. But for a guy to be so talented you would think he would have more wow moments and signature games/plays especially after being a starter for 4 years. I do think Herbert has a higher floor than Tua (because of the durability concerns). But Tua has the higher ceiling.

I think that is really unfair to Tannehill. Tannehill didn't have an issue anticipating a throw, Tannehill's biggest flaw is feeling pressure in the pocket and avoiding it. Herbert's issues are really troublesome and the most alarming to me, is how often he misses an easy throw that any QB should make in his sleep.

I should amend that...Tua on one leg is a better QB then Justin Herbert.
Tua is definitely awesome if he's healthy. Lots of inconsistencies in Herbert's play.

That said, it's a roll the dice on either quarterback. With Tua you're hoping he stays on the field. With Herbert you're hoping he develops. That he's able to improve on some of his weaknesses.

Drafting Herbert at #5 is the most sensible thing Miami can do.

Now we want our QBs delivering blows??!! Oh my... ...

Where the bleep were the TDs against the sad sack PAC 12

you like your qb delivering blows lol
That’s your only response here? It’s not that he’s out looking for contact but he’s bodied his way into the end zone in college without issue. NFL QBs do it too. Fitzpatrick did it last year. Point is, I’d gasp everytime Tua got touched.

That’s your only response here? It’s not that he’s out looking for contact but he’s bodied his way into the end zone in college without issue. NFL QBs do it too. Fitzpatrick did it last year. Point is, I’d gasp everytime Tua got touched.

i remember tannehill making so many of those hard-fought plays...battling for the first down and extra yards...exciting stuff

didn't win us games though....and it didn't make up for squat.

get a qb who is great at doing what a qb does....which is "seeing open receivers down the field" quite literally....

i feel like people tend to let fear get the best of em when too much time goes by...i bet that patriots fans gasped every time brady gets touched...manning...brees...no one like to see their qb get hit and they're all vulnerable to injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom