****Justin Herbert Super Thread**** | Page 75 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Justin Herbert Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking for the last few weeks that the Dolphins were going to draft Herbert. Then word comes out that more in the organization like Herbert than Tua. Now I'm thinking they will draft Tua. It's all about smoke screens.

I was thinking for the last few weeks that the Dolphins were going to draft Herbert. Then word comes out that more in the organization like Herbert than Tua. Now I'm thinking they will draft Tua. It's all about smoke screens.
When is a smokescreen just obfuscation of an obfuscation?

When is it reverse psychology?

The game is not played on a single level, rudimentary basis.

In any case, I really doubt the effectiveness of any of it in this particular instance.

What specific scenario do you envision where a smokescreen would have a benifit?

Justin Herbert is the Brady Quinn of this draft. Robotic, slow processor that must have his base set to throw with any semblance of accuracy. Force him to speed up his process, move off platform or reset his feet to throw and he becomes below average.

I don’t even like a Ryan Tannehill comparison. At least Tannehill’s best attribute was throwing on the move, and he was better at getting the ball out on time. Where he and Tannehill share similarities is the slow eyes and staring down the target.

Mel Kiper’s love for Herbert is reminiscent of his adoration for Brady Quinn. Like I said, it’s all about who is lining whose pockets when listening to the talking heads.

What I don't get or like is that some of the same people who are bashing Herbert now would be saying he's a must get player if Tua and Burrow weren't in the draft. I mean if Herbert was the top qb on the board despite the same issues they dislike now they would be saying he's easily worth a top 5 pick because "if you don't have a franchise qb you always have to chase the top qb in the draft if you can?"

Last edited:
What idn't get or like is that some of the same people who are bashing Herbert now would be saying he's a must get player if Tua and Burrow weren't in the draft. I mean if Herbert was the top qb on the board despite the same issues they dislike now they would be saying he's easily worth a top 5 pick because "if you don't have a franchise qb you always have to chase the top qb in the draft if you can?"
Well - one read QBs and Captain Checkdowns litter the draft every year - so take a run at greatness for once

Justin Herbert is the Brady Quinn of this draft. Robotic, slow processor that must have his base set to throw with any semblance of accuracy. Force him to speed up his process, move off platform or reset his feet to throw and he becomes below average.

I don’t even like a Ryan Tannehill comparison. At least Tannehill’s best attribute was throwing on the move, and he was better at getting the ball out on time. Where he and Tannehill share similarities is the slow eyes and staring down the target.

Mel Kiper’s love for Herbert is reminiscent of his adoration for Brady Quinn. Like I said, it’s all about who is lining whose pockets when listening to the talking heads.

Brady Quinn never had the arm Herbert has. Herbert also played well during the senior bowl. Brady Quinn didn't participate. I think Herbert has underrated pocket presence, certainly better than Tannehill. And is a better runner/scrambler than Tua. Anyways, Herbert has done a lot to help his draft stock and continues to Impress. I agree Herbert does seem robotic sometimes in the pocket, but you know who else looked robotic in college and also played in the PAC 12?? Aye Aye Ron Rodgers. Herbert has potential with the right offense and right coaching staff in place to help mold him. I don't think that Oregon offense was a good fit for him.

Last edited:
What idn't get or like is that some of the same people who are bashing Herbert now would be saying he's a must get player if Tua and Burrow weren't in the draft. I mean if Herbert was the top qb on the board despite the same issues they dislike now they would be saying he's easily worth a top 5 pick because "if you don't have a franchise qb you always have to chase the top qb in the draft if you can?"

People are opinionated...and the same people are often wrong.

They may have as recently as last year been totally wrong in bashing a prospect... but they are absolute about this years prospects? It’s funny!

Lol. I'm now reading multiple posts here that have tannehill was a better prospect than Herbert coming out of college. :rolleyes:

Brady Quinn never had the arm Herbert has. Herbert also played well during the senior bowl. Brady Quinn didn't participate. I think Herbert has underrated pocket presence, certainly better than Tannehill. And is a better runner/scrambler than Tua. Anyways, Herbert has done a lot to help his draft stock and continues to Impress. I agree Herbert does seem robotic sometimes in the pocket, but you know who else looked robotic in college and also played in the PAC 12?? Aye Aye Ron Rodgers. Herbert has potential with the right offense and right coaching staff in place to help mold him. I don't think that Oregon offense was a good fit for him.
I supported him while was here but having better pocket presence than Ryan Tannehill is not exactly what you call a ”high bar”

Brady Quinn sitting out the Senior Bowl is a non sequitur. The Senior Bowl has nothing to do with anything, particularly when your competition is another Mike Leach QB, a runningback, and Shea Patterson.

I know you like to quote me daily and disagree with everything I say for some reason - either I’m wrong an awful lot or you are. It can’t be both.

People are opinionated...and the same people are often wrong.

They may have as recently as last year been totally wrong in bashing a prospect... but they are absolute about this years prospects? It’s funny!

What’s funny is I had Drew Lock as my top Senior QB last year - #4 QB overall - and tried to tell you he wasn’t a 1st round pick. Yet you kept perpetrating that myth.

He wasn’t a 1st round pick, was the 4th QB off the board, put together a meager rookie season in limited duty, and you’re trying to put him in Canton already and beat your chest about being right. When you’re wrong about all of it.

It’s the same thing you did when you used to bump my Ryan Tannehill thread every time he completed a 6 yard pass to point out what a superstar he was.

There’s no way you really go through life this delusional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom