****Justin Herbert Super Thread**** | Page 43 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Justin Herbert Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious as to who...

Recently, Wentz and Allen are close in physical makeup and both are lesser athletes.

Cam Newton is a superior athlete, but has a lesser arm.

Matt Jones, but he tried to be a WR.

Webb, arm strength, but not the athlete

Am I missing some? I am honestly asking.
I don't think Newton had a lesser arm at all.

17 TD/ 23 INT were the sr. year numbers for one Dan Marino.
because what dan marino did playing "big east" football in 1982, what jordan love did in the mountain west in 2019 should be ignored.

this is similar to the tua thread where because drew brees is a 6' HOFer tua will be one too.

I don't think Newton had a lesser arm at all.

It is, he doesn't have the same Velocity as Herbert or Allen...I'm not sure about throw distance, but Newton is a step below. His arm is not bad by any means, but no one would ever consider him a top 5 arm in the NFL as far as strength. I would say that both Love and Herbert will be in that range day 1.

The better Justin and Love look the better for Miami - the more Qbs climbing into the top 6 the lower the price to acquire Tua

Looked like he aimed some throws and didnt trust his arm, but quickly adjusted. Working with a QB coach is good, wish they would run a C out to actually snap them the ball from under center seems like a very simple thing to do.

So hot take of the day, Herbert is now QB2 IMO, behind Tua head of Burrow. :out:

Think about this; Burrow will throw for the first time in the off season April 3rd only 6 days before Tua will throw and he is recovering from major hip surgery. His measurements were meh, while a tremendous kid and leader does he have any skill that can overcome his less than desirable ones? His arm is meh, his hands are small and if you go back and even watch highlight clips not game tape (which is better) he has 2 hands on the ball a lot and i mean A LOT, does it mean there is a grip problem? I dont know he isnt going to do anything but his pro day at LSU in 72 degree weather so no questions will be answered and he will live off the hype train. And that all time great season is fading further over the horizon and it was one season. Yes he has gotten better but a 4th round guy last year to first pick overall this year I dont think he skills match that climb. Hebert has gone to every showcase every workout and preformed well or very well, he does have limitations and questions but he is trying to address them. Showed his athleticism which I think was expected, showing improvement with his footwork though there is a ways to go. Tua is rehabbing and coming back fast, has a plan in place for his pro day and did you see him speak dude is a face of a franchise right effing now, he has faced every question about his health with grace and will answer his health and mobility/QB questions as soon as he is physically cleared and able.

At this point I would rather take a "risk" on Tua with the injury history, which by the way I want to bring up the idea where people say if you are hurt in college you cannot be healthy in the pros. I think Brett Farve almost died in a car accident, busted up his insides bad lacerations all over and bleeding internally plus the highest grade concussion. But he was hurt all the time wasnnnnn......never mind he played like 300 straight games and took toooons of hits. I have spoken to numerous doctors I know who say he could be stronger than ever after it heals to yea its a ticking time bomb. So you never know, but I will take the risk. And I would rather take the plunge with Hebert with his arm and athleticism; he may be a project but he gives me more faith than Burrow at this time. Both Herbert and Tua have been seen as top 10 picks or better for the better part of two years or more, their talent is there they did not need some meteoric rise. Anyone can save this and I will happily admit just how wrong I was if Burrow ends up being significantly better than either or both.

Last edited:
I'm curious as to who...

Recently, Wentz and Allen are close in physical makeup and both are lesser athletes.

Cam Newton is a superior athlete, but has a lesser arm.

Matt Jones, but he tried to be a WR.

Webb, arm strength, but not the athlete

Am I missing some? I am honestly asking.

Cam Newton's arm was every bit as good as Justin Herbert's. Herbert doesn't even have the best arm in this draft.

I posted the combine measurables and athletic testing for at least 30 QB's over the past 20 years earlier in this thread. And that's leaving out some of the most recent from last year like Tyree Jackson.

I absolutely cannot believe that people would buy into any of this crap but I'm honestly not surprised. I'm done trying to convince people that Justin Herbert isn't a unicorn.

Anyone can save this and I will happily admit just how wrong I was if Burrow ends up being significantly better than either or both.

This is a scary pick I don’t get about what happens so much what happens In College it matters how this player translates to the new speed of the NFL?

Jordan Palmer is getting PAID to go on circuit and talk about Joe and his game tape

Jordan Palmer on ESPN radio brought up Burrows “Pursing” The ball with Two hands - he did this to deflect Joes smallish hands

The bigger issue is that D coordinators are going to learn very quick where Joe won’t like to go With the ball and they will take away the slow drag route And Even the quick buttonhook crap that Tom Brady made so successful with Welker and a slew of smallish WRs

The chance that Joe will get Big support in the first three years of his contract seem unlikely

Tom had a running game and P/A to sell to the Defence with Gronk running wild - good luck with that Cinci you have a number of drafts and expenditures to surround this kid with

One thing for sure he will get paid - and the owner wil put his purse away

Very well said, we know Tbaum loved and still loves Herbert. Stories of Miami scouting Love as a sophomore which is crazy since he wasn't draft eligible. Cannot discount these FACTS moving forward. So while I am delusionaly still trying to will Miami to take who I like, I am still prepared for another player and whomever it is I will support.
Why does it matter what Tannenbum loved / still loves??

Cam Newton's arm was every bit as good as Justin Herbert's. Herbert doesn't even have the best arm in this draft.

I posted the combine measurables and athletic testing for at least 30 QB's over the past 20 years earlier in this thread. And that's leaving out some of the most recent from last year like Tyree Jackson.

I absolutely cannot believe that people would buy into any of this crap but I'm honestly not surprised. I'm done trying to convince people that Justin Herbert isn't a unicorn.

Cam Newton does not have that arm strength...it was very good, but not on the level of Allen, Herbert, Love... Sorry, his velocity was lower.

I'll have to look back at your other posts to see the lists. I wasn't saying Herbert was some unicorn, but to say that his make up is not unique is just untrue.

This is a scary pick I don’t get about what happens so much what happens In College it matters how this player translates to the new speed of the NFL?

Jordan Palmer is getting PAID to go on circuit and talk about Joe and his game tape

Jordan Palmer on ESPN radio brought up Burrows “Pursing” The ball with Two hands - he did this to deflect Joes smallish hands

The bigger issue is that D coordinators are going to learn very quick where Joe won’t like to go With the ball and they will take away the slow drag route And Even the quick buttonhook crap that Tom Brady made so successful with Welker and a slew of smallish WRs

The chance that Joe will get Big support in the first three years of his contract seem unlikely

Tom had a running game and P/A to sell to the Defence with Gronk running wild - good luck with that Cinci you have a number of drafts and expenditures to surround this kid with

One thing for sure he will get paid - and the owner wil put his purse away

Dont get me wrong I think its smart he is simply riding the hype train and being quiet in the off season. Thats best for him but the fact Herbert is doing literally everything he can to show off and Tua will be doing a full workout 6 days after LSU's pro day doesn't bode well for him staying on top. I hope Mike Brown takes him #1 after a 73 for 75 pro day performance with a bunch of drag routes and slants.

Let someone else take that risk I am with you, at this point I pretty much have lost most objectivity and say Tua or Bust. Herbert has impressed not with his running and jumping but his ability to work within a new system, work with receivers on the fly he has never thrown to and admit he is working on his flaws.

Dont get me wrong I think its smart he is simply riding the hype train and being quiet in the off season. Thats best for him but the fact Herbert is doing literally everything he can to show off and Tua will be doing a full workout 6 days after LSU's pro day doesn't bode well for him staying on top. I hope Mike Brown takes him #1 after a 73 for 75 pro day performance with a bunch of drag routes and slants.

Let someone else take that risk I am with you, at this point I pretty much have lost most objectivity and say Tua or Bust. Herbert has impressed not with his running and jumping but his ability to work within a new system, work with receivers on the fly he has never thrown to and admit he is working on his flaws.
Well Joe is smart not to throw with the big boys - but NFL defences will take away all his sweet spots and he will have to adjust and his legs are Meh at the NFL level - no wick twitch means plenty of contact

His will to succeed is exceptional and He has qualities that got a lot of His predecessors in trouble taking and Giving and big impacts trying to show their teams their leadership qualities - always works in the Ds advantage in the pros but works to a tee in College - the come follow me rah rah gets blown up in the NFL

Cam Newton does not have that arm strength...it was very good, but not on the level of Allen, Herbert, Love... Sorry, his velocity was lower.

I'll have to look back at your other posts to see the lists. I wasn't saying Herbert was some unicorn, but to say that his make up is not unique is just untrue.

Herbert's isn't on the level of Josh Allen. Cam Newton's arm is easily as good as Herbert's. I never said Herbert's arm and athleticism wasn't unique. I'm just trying to tell people that the best combo of arm and athleticism over the past 20 years was bullsh^t. But you can still believe it if you want to.

Actually according to many NFL executives he kind of is. You are not the end all be all for quarterback evaluations (although admittedly you are probably much better than I am). Keep in mind you may be informed and educated, but also wrong. We're human.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom