****Justin Herbert Super Thread**** | Page 65 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Justin Herbert Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched PFT and Chris Simms put out this ranking
1. Burrow
2. Herbert
3. Love
4. Tua

He said you put Herbert in that wide open Bama offense and he puts up those numbers all day long. He said Tua takes way too many hits and that is only going to get worse at a higher level. Pretty good stuff.

take it from a guy who was sacked 49 times in 23 career games.

Except 32 NFL teams disagreed with you, including the team that actually drafted him. But I forgot that this guy is smarter than all 32 NFL teams.

What does the fact that they got it wrong have to do with it?

Is Russell Wilson still a 3rd round QB because 32 teams got it wrong in his draft?

Absolute proclamations tickle me when year after year what the draft proves is that no one really knows.

I understand debating stats, wins, etc. What’s a forum without it? But that anyone really knows what will happen with these QBs with extreme prejudice is funny.

Rather than making absolute statements, I suggest praying, hoping, cheering that whichever choice they make gets put in the optimal situation to succeed.

Draft any of these QBs and throw them behind the Oline we just fielded and how you could look at me with a straight face and tell me if they are great they will overcome is laughable.

All there really is is hope. That takes the fun out of the discussions but at the end of the day what you should really know is that the only thing you know for sure is that you don’t KNOW a darn thing. You merely have an idea.

Luckily Chris Simms knows all about taking a lot of hits. I promise you Herbert's lack of touch and ability to read the field and he struggles with Bama's quick tempo RPO style offense. Herbert doesn't have the quick decision making to find the open guy with the same quickness as Tua.
That may be true but he also is not coming off a serious hip surgery and two ankle surgeries in less than two years. I just don’t see Tua holding up physically in the NFL. He played behind one of the best offensive lines in college football and yet he couldn’t stay healthy.

As much as I would love to have a healthy Tua leading the Dolphins for the next dozen years. I just don’t believe he will last in the league more than a few seasons before he has another injury to his hip. I have no idea if Herbert will be any good at the next level but at this point in time he is a far safer pick than Tua physically.

Chris Simms also has a room filled with cutouts of tall, strong armed quarterbacks. He's still set in the notion that that's the most important trait.

That may be true but he also is not coming off a serious hip surgery and two ankle surgeries in less than two years. I just don’t see Tua holding up physically in the NFL. He played behind one of the best offensive lines in college football and yet he couldn’t stay healthy.

As much as I would love to have a healthy Tua leading the Dolphins for the next dozen years. I just don’t believe he will last in the league more than a few seasons before he has another injury to his hip. I have no idea if Herbert will be any good at the next level but at this point in time he is a far safer pick than Tua physically.

Herbert has had a fair share of injuries, has actually missed more football games than Tua. Like TedSlimm said, injuries are like lighting strikes.

Luckily Chris Simms knows all about taking a lot of hits. I promise you Herbert's lack of touch and ability to read the field and he struggles with Bama's quick tempo RPO style offense. Herbert doesn't have the quick decision making to find the open guy with the same quickness as Tua.

Your right a guy with a 4.1 in Microbiology would never be able to process something as complicated as football with good coaching. Tua would not be throwing to guys that can take it to the house like Ruggs, Smith and Jeudy. All that quick processing from Tua behind an NFL line got him in the shape he is now.

Your right a guy with a 4.1 in Microbiology would never be able to process something as complicated as football with good coaching. Tua would not be throwing to guys that can take it to the house like Ruggs, Smith and Jeudy. All that quick processing from Tua behind an NFL line got him in the shape he is now.

Ryan Tannehill was a medical major and sucked at playing qb. Are very own Ryan Fitzpatrick sucks and went to ****ing Harvard.

Just because you're a smart person doesn't mean you have the decisiveness and ability to react in the fly to play qb.

Chris Simms also has a room filled with cutouts of tall, strong armed quarterbacks. He's still set in the notion that that's the most important trait.

Him actually playing the position I would think trumps a lot of opinions on here as I am sure he watches tape to. Look I just want the best QB for us.

I have been pro Tua for months. However, the Chris Simms segment this morning when he said put Herbert in the Alabama team giving him the O-line, the absolute top receivers (Ruggs, Jeudy, etc), top RBs and coached by Saban, made me pause. Herbert is not as accurate a passer as Tua (not close). However, he's 6" taller and hasn't been banged up. I am now more open to the possibility that Herbert may be the QB that Miami takes at #5, even if Tua is still available. He just may be the long term safer choice, if we think that his accuracy can improve. That doesn't mean that I'm off the Tua express train. I'm not. I'm more open to the possibility.

Ryan Tannehill was a medical major and sucked at playing qb. Are very own Ryan Fitzpatrick sucks and went to ****ing Harvard.

Just because you're a smart person doesn't mean you have the decisiveness and ability to react in the fly to play qb.

LMAO. Our very own Fitzmagic, well I walked into that but I will say he definitely processes better than most or he would have been killed last year and made Rosen look very bad.

Some might argue that by taking the Titans to the playoffs and now earning a $29.5M/season contract for 4 years $91M guaranteed, that Ryan doesn't totally suck at playing QB.

I have been pro Tua for months. However, the Chris Simms segment this morning when he said put Herbert in the Alabama team giving him the O-line, the absolute top receivers (Ruggs, Jeudy, etc), top RBs and coached by Saban, made me pause. Herbert is not as accurate a passer as Tua (not close). However, he's 6" taller and hasn't been banged up. I am now more open to the possibility that Herbert may be the QB that Miami takes at #5, even if Tua is still available. He just may be the long term safer choice, if we think that his accuracy can improve. That doesn't mean that I'm off the Tua express train. I'm not. I'm more open to the possibility.

I guess this is what I am saying in a nutshell. I am NOT wanting to trade up now. I know at least one of Tua or Herbert will be there at 5. If it is Tua I am happy if it is Herbert I am good because these guys if nothing else have turned over every stone in its QB evaluation. Hell with all of this we could still try and get Burrow.

No dog in the fight but other than wins and losses and performance metrics what measurements should be used?

Funny they and most on here said Lamar Jackson wasn’t either. Two years later, two playoff appearances and an MVP later, lol. How about we utilize the strengths of a 6’6” stud with wheels and a bazooka for an arm. I will take a more accurate Josh Allen.

Those are important and are a starting point for an evaluation. If you aren’t getting the job done at all, then it’s not worth diving further I’m. But if we go by this guy’s method, Chad Pennington was the best QB in the league in 2008. And we all know he may have been extremely efficient, but that Miami team had the luck of the Irish that year and everything went our way. Of course, it came to an end when a real defense showed up in the playoffs.

He is not factoring in the type of offense these guys play in. He isn’t factoring in if these guys are stat padding with spread offenses with one read throws. He isn’t considering if these QB are even able to successfully run an offense where you’d need to go through progressions. There are tons of things he isn’t considering. If QB evaluations were as easy as reading a box score, we wouldn’t have most of them busting when they get to the NFL.

What does the fact that they got it wrong have to do with it?

Is Russell Wilson still a 3rd round QB because 32 teams got it wrong in his draft?

Again, did they get it wrong? You’re patting yourself on the back pretty hard over a QB who had a few game manager-esque games to close out the season. Maybe let him play a full season before doing your victory lap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom