****Justin Herbert Super Thread**** | Page 66 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Justin Herbert Super Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are important and are a starting point for an evaluation. If you aren’t getting the job done at all, then it’s not worth diving further I’m. But if we go by this guy’s method, Chad Pennington was the best QB in the league in 2008. And we all know he may have been extremely efficient, but that Miami team had the luck of the Irish that year and everything went our way. Of course, it came to an end when a real defense showed up in the playoffs.

He is not factoring in the type of offense these guys play in. He isn’t factoring in if these guys are stat padding with spread offenses with one read throws. He isn’t considering if these QB are even able to successfully run an offense where you’d need to go through progressions. There are tons of things he isn’t considering. If QB evaluations were as easy as reading a box score, we wouldn’t have most of them busting when they get to the NFL.

Got it, if we are talking about Largo then I totally understand as I don’t agree with his “metrics”.

My take on the possibility of drafting Herbert?

giphy.gif

No dog in the fight but other than wins and losses and performance metrics what measurements should be used?

Funny they and most on here said Lamar Jackson wasn’t either. Two years later, two playoff appearances and an MVP later, lol. How about we utilize the strengths of a 6’6” stud with wheels and a bazooka for an arm. I will take a more accurate Josh Allen.

Lamar Jackson is a different beast because he was obsessed with getting better. His improvement from year 1 to 2 is not the norm it is an anomaly even compared to guys who "work super hard"...Jackson went above that. That is why you saw the massive improvement from one year to the next and why Jackson is a viable player. HE also showed incredible improvement in his years at Louisville with his passing. Herbert is pretty much the same QB I saw when Taggart was there. He largely stayed the same.

Some might argue that by taking the Titans to the playoffs and now earning a $29.5M/season contract for 4 years $91M guaranteed, that Ryan doesn't totally suck at playing QB.

Yeah and Tennessee is a lot like Miami.

Banking on small sample sizes. Probably won't work out for em

Im smarter than you. It's irrelevant where the player is drafted, just like it was irrelevant where Russell Wilson was drafted or Brady, it's irrelevant what teams think and what you think. Russell Wilson and Tom Brady were first round players and worthy of #1 overall pick. It's only about who the player is.

Please, pretty please be schtick.

I have been pro Tua for months. However, the Chris Simms segment this morning when he said put Herbert in the Alabama team giving him the O-line, the absolute top receivers (Ruggs, Jeudy, etc), top RBs and coached by Saban, made me pause. Herbert is not as accurate a passer as Tua (not close). However, he's 6" taller and hasn't been banged up. I am now more open to the possibility that Herbert may be the QB that Miami takes at #5, even if Tua is still available. He just may be the long term safer choice, if we think that his accuracy can improve. That doesn't mean that I'm off the Tua express train. I'm not. I'm more open to the possibility.
Herbert is a soft 6’6 and has been banged up plenty already - a one read QB Who overthrows and underthrows his targets

I’ve been thinking about this since Herbert’s MVP showing at the Senior Bowl and his stellar week of practices.

It’s not debatable Cristobal ran a very conservative “Ground & Pound” offense... in most experts eyes to a fault.

So is it hard to not consider that Herbert’s draft stock was damaged by this? By all accounts Herbert is prototype and the negatives on him were to at least some degree...negated by his showing in Mobile.

I do not want an injury prone college QB... he’s going to play more games against bigger faster players on average that hit harder.

Burrow and Tua both played in wide open offenses that let them shine in college... Herbert did not enjoy that luxury... he was handcuffed.

I am greatly cooling to Tua....and now see QB1-Burrow ...QB2-Herbert....QB3-Tua(because of injuries)....QB4-Love.

I say either move up for Burrow who I think is off the charts in intangibles...or sit tight at 5
and let the draft come to them, save the draft capital.

At 2:43 is the case for Herbert!

You place a lot of weight on that glorified week of coaching - I mean this title of MVP means a lot to you

The highlight of the week was a pathetically vanilla game

Lamar Jackson is a different beast because he was obsessed with getting better. His improvement from year 1 to 2 is not the norm it is an anomaly even compared to guys who "work super hard"...Jackson went above that. That is why you saw the massive improvement from one year to the next and why Jackson is a viable player. HE also showed incredible improvement in his years at Louisville with his passing. Herbert is pretty much the same QB I saw when Taggart was there. He largely stayed the same.

Basically I knew Jackson was a stud as I live in Louisville. But he did not get the best coaching because his QB coach was the HC’s son. His accuracy was questioned among other things. But he had a ton of drops by his WR’s and they could not get separation. He won a Heisman and came in 3rd the next yr. What could he have done at Bama?
All I know is Bama played to Tua’s strengths and Oregon did not utilize Herbert like they should. He looks to be very coach able and wants to succeed as his showings in Mobile and the combine suggest. I won’t be mad either way. I will trust the staff and hope we stay at 5. If they move it is because they have a conviction and I am good with that.

Hed just miss Ruggs and Jeudy streaking down the sideline.

Tua might be in a body cast playing in Oregon to. Those quick hitters work with stud receivers, not so much with Oregon WR’s. Him holding the ball too long or climbing the pocket? Yikes

Tua might be in a body cast playing in Oregon to. Those quick hitters work with stud receivers, not so much with Oregon WR’s. Him holding the ball too long or climbing the pocket? Yikes

Oregon had a top OL in college football.

Theres plenty of video that shows Herbert miss wide open wide outs. Him being late and slow doesn't make the WRs bad. Missed more than he should've playing in the PAC12.

Oregon had a top OL in college football.

Theres plenty of video that shows Herbert miss wide open wide outs. Him being late and slow doesn't make the WRs bad. Missed more than he should've playing in the PAC12.

People formed their opinions and are going to see what they want, facts be damned.

Basically I knew Jackson was a stud as I live in Louisville. But he did not get the best coaching because his QB coach was the HC’s son. His accuracy was questioned among other things. But he had a ton of drops by his WR’s and they could not get separation. He won a Heisman and came in 3rd the next yr. What could he have done at Bama?
All I know is Bama played to Tua’s strengths and Oregon did not utilize Herbert like they should. He looks to be very coach able and wants to succeed as his showings in Mobile and the combine suggest. I won’t be mad either way. I will trust the staff and hope we stay at 5. If they move it is because they have a conviction and I am good with that.
Bama played to Tua’s strengths should tell everyone a lot about this player

Herbert is a big project in the making he is my second favourite but a looooooong second

Bama played to Tua’s strengths should tell everyone a lot about this player

Herbert is a big project in the making he is my second favourite but a looooooong second

I feel the same way. Herbert has put in a ton of good work this off season and got a lot of things in before this quarantine. He advanced to QB2 and Butrow is fallen to 3, neither is a scrub and likely will have success in the NFL. It neither is the best in class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom