Justin Seaverns | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Justin Seaverns

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
I missed most of the game :o Justin Seaverns had 5 Ts and 4 assists was he looking good - considering he could make team while Gaylon is out ?

There seems to be some Bryan Cox-like intensity to him without the unpredictable wildness.

Originally posted by dolphan39
I missed most of the game :o Justin Seaverns had 5 Ts and 4 assists was he looking good - considering he could make team while Gaylon is out ?

Justin Severns has made the team. he played the whole game and he was in every run play and he even made a good defense on a dump off pass. Henry Taylor is for real. and even Joshua symonette has a chance to make this team. JS is very underrated right now with fans but two things i have noticed. 1) he played alongside severns all night long.
2) Twan russell hasnt been see much at all! Twan Russell is gone people! i predict severns and symonette will make it. symonette has some speed and can cover TE's. he broke up a TE pass over the seam in tampa game. he looks much better than people think.

I remember Seaverns getting his ass chewed by the LB coach for blowing an assignment on a big gainer over the middle. I'd like to see the game before I make any judgements.

So as of right now, neither he nor Symonette has made my team.

Seaverns is the MAN!!! forget Gaylon, S-E-A-V-E-R-N-S !!!! What a beast

Originally posted by Migs182005
Seaverns is the MAN!!! forget Gaylon, S-E-A-V-E-R-N-S !!!! What a beast
I agree I am totally :confused: on why Wanne stated that Gaylon will have a roster spot waiting for his return. Gaylon is always hurt and very limited. Even though was little experience w/Twan and Hendricks at the other 2 backup LB spots, I would rather us give another rookie FA like Izzo a chance to kick tush on ST and develop him into a LB.

The big thing about Seaverns is that he is still inexperienced. He'll gain more savvy with time, but IMO we need an experienced backup to ZT also.

Galyon looked good down the stretch last year. I like him. He's a veteran and he's been around. He can also play all three LB spots. Seaverns just looks slow to me. He's usually late getting there in run support. Maybe it's because I'm so used to seeing Zach fly around out there. Either way, I look forward to seeing the game tomorrow and getting a long look at Seaverns.

Muck you stole my sentiments right outta my mouth. Playing in Derrick Rodgers' place, I saw Scott Galyon in on more plays and just in general getting in camera-shot a lot more than Derrick Rodgers did, and its not just cuz he's white and sticks out. Galyon made some plays for us. He can play all 3 linebacker spots for us and that is a very useful player to have because he's your primary backup at 2 positions and the 2nd backup at MLB. He is what Dwight Hollier use to be for us. He damn well ought to have a roster spot waiting for him considering he's our most viable backup LBer.

I am not convinced on Twan Russell though I love him being a hometown boy and how he always contributes to the community. Twan is a special teams ace though...And Tommy Hendricks, he may be our primary backup at MLB but I'm still not sure exactly WHY. He's a great special teamer and you hate to get rid of that but it might be time to find a backup MLB who can take over at Zach's position should Zach get injured, and we DON'T see a dramatic dip in play...Seaverns is not there yet.

I think SPEED is the main reason why Hendricks is Zach's caddy. None of the backups are as fast. He looked improved in covereage last Saturday. But still, we need to see him next week.

This was in the Sun-Sentinal

" LINEBACKER SHUFFLE

Wannstedt said reserve linebacker Scott Galyon might not need surgery on his broken right thumb and could return sooner than the original prediction of six weeks.

If Galyon can play with a cast, that would affect the chances of young linebackers Justin Seaverns and Joshua Symonette. Seaverns, who got a lot of snaps Thursday in Zach Thomas' absence, made mistakes early but got better, according to Wannstedt.

Of Miami's three returning backups -- Galyon, Tommy Hendricks and Twan Russell -- Russell appears to be the player most at risk if the team wants to keep Seaverns or Symonette."

Russell seems the most vulerable of the 3 backups..We do need some young guys to make this team at those positions..but the cost of ST...mumm I don't know.. Again I love that this is a competitive training camp..I think in the long run experience will win out most of the time here..Some people have great camps and tank out during the season..I think the coaches will go with the devil you know approach here.

if we got another LB I would want us to get an OLB. IMO Rodgers s/b the #2 MLB. I thought he did a decent job replacing Zach in passing downs in 2000; and could play the run t MLB as well as any of the other backups. I realize that as the #1 SSLB Rodgers will not get to practice at all, but I would throw the best 3 LBs we got out there in Zach absence - if Rodgers is not in jail that is :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom