Kadarius Toney @ Pro Day Today- Stellar | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kadarius Toney @ Pro Day Today- Stellar

Toney has videogame movement, but his production is pretty damn sparse for where he's being projected.

Personally, I'd rather draft someone with more yards in the bank, if I'm taking them in the 1st two rounds.

Trevon Grimes is a really nice option late in the draft. He’s been solid on special teams throughout his college career. He’s big and faster than Preston Williams and may be more consistent. I don’t see it happening but I think he could fill Mack Hollins and Preston Williams role with higher upside.

Ugh. I hate Preston has gotten injured the first two years and allowed posts like this to become a reality. More consistent than Williams? That is just flat ridiculous. PW had as many yards and TDs in his JR season alone than Grimes had in 4 years! Grimes is SLOW in and out of his breaks. His straight line speed don’t play. He can’t hold PWs jock strap lol

Toney has videogame movement, but his production is pretty damn sparse for where he's being projected.

Personally, I'd rather draft someone with more yards in the bank, if I'm taking them in the 1st two rounds.
Yeah. That'll win you a lot of games. A less talented player that has more yards. Let's draft a crappy D-III player who put up video game numbers! LOL

I'm sure which ever team drafts Toney, they will likely move him around a play him in a number of roles. In my book Toney has grown into a decent wr option out of the slot, but he would be truly special as a 3rd down back out out of the backfield matched up on linebackers who have little to chance of covering him.

I'm sure which ever team drafts Toney, they will likely move him around a play him in a number of roles. In my book Toney has grown into a decent wr option out of the slot, but he would be truly special as a 3rd down back out out of the backfield matched up on linebackers who have little to chance of covering him.
He does compare himself to Kamara.

He does compare himself to Kamara.
How's this for a dream offensive set. Tua in the shotgun with Toney in the backfield... trips left with Parker, Fuller and Waddle... and Gesicki linded up at tght end on the right side. The formation, with Toney running swing and option routes out of the backfield or going in motion wide right and forcing the defense to choose between putting a safety on Toney or one on Waddle. I'm sure Miami won't draft Waddle and Toney, but it would be fun to watch if they did.

How's this for a dream offensive set. Tua in the shotgun with Toney in the backfield... trips left with Parker, Fuller and Waddle... and Gesicki linded up at tght end on the right side. The formation, with Toney running swing and option routes out of the backfield or going in motion wide right and forcing the defense to choose between putting a safety on Toney or one on Waddle.
Sounds awesome to me!

Ugh. I hate Preston has gotten injured the first two years and allowed posts like this to become a reality. More consistent than Williams? That is just flat ridiculous. PW had as many yards and TDs in his JR season alone than Grimes had in 4 years! Grimes is SLOW in and out of his breaks. His straight line speed don’t play. He can’t hold PWs jock strap lol
More consistent catching the football* I should have added that, I meant just in terms of hands. I agree Preston is a much better route runner. You can’t compare their college stats Preston Williams was force fed the ball at Colorado state cause he was playing lesser talent, he couldn’t even get on the field when he was in the SEC. My issue with having Preston on the team is he offers virtually nothing in special teams and he will be pushed down the depth chart to a backup position with the additions of Fuller and a draft pick. Add in the fact he’s had two major injuries and already wasn’t very explosive plus offers no special teams value he’s a fringe roster guy

More consistent catching the football* I should have added that, I meant just in terms of hands. I agree Preston is a much better route runner. You can’t compare their college stats Preston Williams was force fed the ball at Colorado state cause he was playing lesser talent, he couldn’t even get on the field when he was in the SEC. My issue with having Preston on the team is he offers virtually nothing in special teams and he will be pushed down the depth chart to a backup position with the additions of Fuller and a draft pick. Add in the fact he’s had two major injuries and already wasn’t very explosive plus offers no special teams value he’s a fringe roster guy

You can say SEC, less talent, blah blah blah. Preston Williams averaged more yards per game as a rookie, in the NFL, as a #2 option, than Grimes has in any season, in COLLEGE. Playing with or against lesser talent doesn't work here brotha.

Also, Williams had no issues catching the ball in Colorado. So you cant compare their consistency catching unless you want to talk about college. Where Grimes wasn't more consistent.

Back
Top Bottom