Kadarius Toney @ Pro Day Today- Stellar | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kadarius Toney @ Pro Day Today- Stellar

I hear you man, but Preston hasn’t done enough to justify not bringing in any competition. I’m not saying Grimes is better or will definitely be better. But he was solid at Florida, he’s got an NFL body, he had good testing numbers, and he plays special teams. I’m viewing him as a 5th-7th round flier where I’m looking at a guy who can compete for a roster spot or practice squad type player.

I agree with you here. I’m not against bringing in competition for PW. Grimes isn’t competing with him though. That’s all I’m saying. If you want actual competition for him it’s going to need to come from one of the wideouts going in the top 2 rounds.

More consistent catching the football* I should have added that, I meant just in terms of hands. I agree Preston is a much better route runner. You can’t compare their college stats Preston Williams was force fed the ball at Colorado state cause he was playing lesser talent, he couldn’t even get on the field when he was in the SEC. My issue with having Preston on the team is he offers virtually nothing in special teams and he will be pushed down the depth chart to a backup position with the additions of Fuller and a draft pick. Add in the fact he’s had two major injuries and already wasn’t very explosive plus offers no special teams value he’s a fringe roster guy
I don't think he's long for Miami. Potentially more than 2021, but only if he's available for close to 17 games.

In other words, a make or break season for Preston Williams.

Toney is a fun prospect... plenty of speed... plenty of red flags.

I'm doubtful that Grier/Flores will take him early... but if he slides, he'd be a worthwhile risk.

Is it too greedy to want Toney or Elijah Moore after taking Chase, Pitts, Smith or Waddle?
I really like Amari Rodgers, Dwayne Eskridge, Jaelon Darden, and Anthony Schwartz if we double dip on receivers. Rodgers is the guy I really like because I think he could be a big time slot receiver. I like the other 3 guys because their Jakeem Grant upgrades (special teams value, dynamic, big play potential)

I really like Amari Rodgers, Dwayne Eskridge, Jaelon Darden, and Anthony Schwartz if we double dip on receivers. Rodgers is the guy I really like because I think he could be a big time slot receiver. I like the other 3 guys because their Jakeem Grant upgrades (special teams value, dynamic, big play potential)
The nice thing about those guys is Miami wouldn't have to spend pick #18.

That’s a big part of the draw of those guys. Rodgers would most likely be the highest drafted and that’d be at 81 ideally for us. 18, 36, and 50 really need to be a combination of Edge, Rb, and a center imo
I could see Miami waiting on a running back, but I agree with you.

I know a lot of fans cringe at the mention of taking a running back in round one, but Harris would be an exciting add to Miami's offense.

Ideally, I'd target Williams at #36. But I wouldn't be upset with Harris early.

Right tackle is kind of the wild card pick and could see that as early as #18, depending on who is available.

Where did you get that from my post that you quoted? I was not commenting on your thread starter about Toney.

My complaint is with all the trolling about college fanboy allegiances.

You guys have your fanship and that is fine but the rest of us don't care where these kids went to school.
I see..I don't care if he's a Gator or not..great player. I like players other than just Gator players..I've mentioned plenty, if y'all pay attention. So yeah..w/e you say.

If Miami lands Pitts at #6 then pairing him with Toney would make a lot of sense. Maybe at #36.

I am thinking front 7 defender or OT at #18, that should be a confluence of team need and value.

#36 could be one of the top 3 RB's or Center. There should be value at S but I am not sure Miami is looking there that early. Another pass catcher would not be out of the question, especially if they land Pitts.Not to mention Edge/LB or OT if they don't go that way earlier.

I could see Miami waiting on a running back, but I agree with you.

I know a lot of fans cringe at the mention of taking a running back in round one, but Harris would be an exciting add to Miami's offense.

Ideally, I'd target Williams at #36. But I wouldn't be upset with Harris early.

Right tackle is kind of the wild card pick and could see that as early as #18, depending on who is available.
Teven Jenkins is the guy I really like at RT. Doubt he slides to 36 but if he does I think I’m grabbing him. Nasty Run blocker, you put him at RT and kick hunt into RG and let those 2 maulers destroy people

Toney had some great numbers and has great balance and power for his size and speed to burn...really good wiggle..I get Alvin Kamara WR version or Tyreek Hill vibes from him!

Really solidified his spot possible in the 1st round of the draft!

Really a "Human Joystick!" for real...

2nd round. I expected him to be faster honestly.

Back
Top Bottom