Kaepernick Rejecting Kelly.. Wants To Play For Jets? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kaepernick Rejecting Kelly.. Wants To Play For Jets?

Vaark

The Intra-Dimensional Felinians R Coming 2 Save Us
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I guess it makes sense if true, just curious how, as Dolphins fans, we'd feel about facing Kaep 2x/season. Although playing for Kelly and his style of offense would make the most sense for him now after the way he regressed, I'd have thought he'd want to reunite with Greg Roman in Buffalo.. but guess was informed that Taylor is pretty well entrenched vs the QB situation in NY with Chan. Either way, it sounds like he's really pissed with SF.

Apparently, the coaching change in San Francisco hasn’t sold Colin Kaepernick on staying put. The athletic quarterback now wants to move on from the 49ers and he considers the Jets to be his preferred destination, sources tell Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News. Colin Kaepernick (vertical)

While Chip Kelly should have the final say on who the 49ers‘ starting quarterback will be in 2016, team management would reportedly like to see Kaepernick get another opportunity. The 49ers front office apparently views Kaepernick’s $11.9MM base salary as reasonable for a starting quarterback, and believes he has the potential to bounce back under Kelly. However, it’s not yet clear how Kelly currently feels about Kaepernick’s upside, even though he has been said to be a fan of the QB in the past.

No. 7 still has five years left on his hefty $114MM extension, but there are plenty of opportunities for the 49ers to escape that deal without major penalty. Following two seasons where he guided the 49ers to the NFC title game, Kaepernick signed a team-friendly extension that called for his salaries from 2015-17 to be guaranteed for injury only.

Jets GM Mike Maccagnan and head coach Todd Bowles have been vocal about wanting to re-sign Ryan Fitzpatrick, but it’s not a slam dunk that they will given the number of teams that are in need of help under center. Of course, if the Jets want him, they’ll have to either work out a trade with the Niners or wait until he is cut. The 49ers must make a decision to keep, trade or cut Kaepernick before April 1 when his 2016 base salary of $11.9MM becomes guaranteed. San Francisco would save $8.5MM by cutting Kaepernick, who is scheduled to have a $15.9MM cap charge this season.
http://www.profootballrumors.com/

Sweet. Come on over to the East Coast Crapernick. I'd love to watch him flounder in NY and carry on the tradition of ****ty QB's with the Jets.

I believe the Jets are all in on Fitzpatrick. I don't see many too many opportunities for Kap to be a starter. 49ers are probably his best option but neither side is interested.

Reading between the lines of Miko's recent postings, she wants Brent to be in New York on the Jets. I would bet Brent's thinking isn't much different.

I think that Colin's days with SF are over and done about. But really Jets really like Ryan F too much!

Wherever kaep goes they better feature a hell of a running game to hide him...in that regard jets make pretty good sense to me

Back
Top Bottom