Kalen Ballage making Miami Dolphins 2020 roster will be surprising | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kalen Ballage making Miami Dolphins 2020 roster will be surprising

I am intrigued to see what he could do as a pass catcher, something like a H-back role. If he can get a free release and be hit in stride I think, with his speed, he can make some plays. His size may allow him to break more tackles against DB's. His speed should allow him to run away from bigger LB'ers.

No business being a RB. IMHO he shows a lack of heart and desire and we can't tolerate that on this team.

Except he didn't.... In 2018 he broke one run for 75 yards against the vikings, and other than that he was average. That run boosted his yards per carry because he had like 20 carries on the year. He was behind gore and draje

True he only had 36 carries as a rookie and doubled it to 74 last season. Neither is consider a lot of carries especially running behind a bad line. But as you said if you take away his 75 yard run he's averaging less than 2.5 yards per carry. That's not good and at the very least you could argue you could get that from any running back you signed off the available free agent market mid season and there's no reason to waste a roster spot for that. If you have injuries to Howard or Brieda, Ballage is going to have to show improvement to get the third spot over anybody else.

Ok so what's terrible, when your QB has to scramble for his life, fins got less than 900 yards rushing and you say it's more of a reflection of the RB, then why pick Austin, and Hunt? and get Kindley, because they recognized the wasn't good due to a lack of blocking, he averaged 1.7 per rush before he got hurt which isn't good, but give the kid a chance behind a decent O-Line, I would like to see anyone on this site average 4 yards a carry with the guys that was blocking, by the way let get rid of the QB to because he couldn't duck out of the way when they were sacking him numerous times, i think some of you on here don't really understand football, you're Mel Kipers, because if you played at any level you would know to build your house before you put furniture in it, OL is the house, any RB or QB is the furniture.

Ok so what's terrible, when your QB has to scramble for his life, fins got less than 900 yards rushing and you say it's more of a reflection of the RB, then why pick Austin, and Hunt? and get Kindley, because they recognized the wasn't good due to a lack of blocking, he averaged 1.7 per rush before he got hurt which isn't good, but give the kid a chance behind a decent O-Line, I would like to see anyone on this site average 4 yards a carry with the guys that was blocking, by the way let get rid of the QB to because he couldn't duck out of the way when they were sacking him numerous times, i think some of you on here don't really understand football, you're Mel Kipers, because if you played at any level you would know to build your house before you put furniture in it, OL is the house, any RB or QB is the furniture.

I'm all for giving Ballage a look behind a better line and just to see if he's improved from last season. As I've stated before the poor vision decisions that Ballage made could have been from him being rattled and rushing things under the situation. However, I do understand those that say you can't say just because the oline was poor everybody else on the offense gets a free pass from being evaluated in 2018. I think it makes the job harder, but you can still try guage what you have in Ballage and the other backs.

2019 ypc
Walton 3.8
Drake 3.7
Gaskins 3.7
Laird 2.7
Ballage 1.8

3 of those guys came close to your 4 ypc and those were early in the season when the OL was REAL bad.
I think everyone here admits the OL was horrid and damaged every facet of the O. I haven't read this entire thread yet. Do you agree Ballage showed bad vision and played tall?

He's still on the roster so Flo apparently sees something. He may salvage his career, but he'll have to change HOW he plays

How come you say they didn't trade. Drake? Sure they did. And before they traded him Ballage was starting.
Typo.

Should have said “That first sentence is ****ing stupid. We didn’t trade Drake because we thought Ballage was ‘the answer’.”

Costs us nothing to find out...preseason will tell us everything.

Ballage is just not a miracle worker. For us, he was like the RB version of Rosen. He needs help from the O-line. He hits the hole quick when the whole is obvious. His vision is 'meh'.
Listen, if Fitzpatrick didnt shock the world like he did, Dolphins wouldve averaged single digits in scoring. Our O-line was SO BAD. We almost wrecked any chance to evaluate any of our skill players and our D, too, cuz they never wouldve gotten a rest. As is, our time of possession was at the league bottom.
So, really blaming Ballage for his results is kinda stupid. We learned that he wasnt Barry Sanders.

We traded Drake because we didnt feel he was worth his market value. AZ paid him way more than what we wanted to pay him.

so ... other than lack of vision and

a poor offensive line both resulting in a 1.8 yards per carry along with

below average pass catching skills

Ballage is a pretty good 3rd option at RB?

Bar seems kind of low lol ...

other than good speed for his size and his actual size does he really add anything to the team?

Kalen wasn't the problem, the OL was, I don't understand this site posters can't put those 2 things together, NO BLOCKING= NO RUNNING GAME, didn't you see all of the players that were in and out of Miami last season?
It's hard to see that it was all the OL's fault, as Walton did OK until he got cut?

Well everybody had bad vision, when he bust that 75 yard gallop you probably was crowning him the next Eric Dickerson, so let him prove himself, that OL was horrible, did they actually get paid for that Tom Foolery?

Back
Top Bottom