Kalen Ballage making Miami Dolphins 2020 roster will be surprising | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kalen Ballage making Miami Dolphins 2020 roster will be surprising

Still would like to know whose decision it was to keep playing Ballage over better backs when he was not performing.
I thought he had potential but he did not earn a snap this season

What was so special about his 2018 season? 1 long TD run?

That one run changes his YPC from 3.2 to 5.3 so based on small sample hard to say he had a great season.
he was horrid this year so that one run creates an aberration and his receiving after the catch was putrid this season

Ballage runs like a brick. Except he gets blown over by a gust of wind, so maybe he runs more like a domino. He can go play in the CFL where defensive linemen have to line up 1 yard off the LOS. He might have a chance there.

Ballage is awful. I don't care how bad your OL is, if you can't run for more than 1.8 yards per carry, you are not an NFL running back and you have no business on an NFL roster.

I don't want to see him anywhere near the Dolphins ever again.

TFK

Ballage has been the most disappointing RB I’ve seen in a long time. Last season may be one of the worst seasons I’ve ever seen from a RB. Yes poor OL definitely didn’t help. Ballage was embarrassing in the passing game, and showed Trent Richardson Level vision.

With that being said, he could breakout and shock some people this season. Similar to what Devante Parker this year. I don’t think it’s likely but here’s why it could happen: Physically he’s the most talented back on the roster (Hes bigger than Jordan Howard, 4.4 speed, showed receiving abilities in college but in the pros seems like he’s lost confidence in his hands), Jordan Howard and Matt Brieda both the guys entrenched in front of him on depth chart have had injury issues in the past, Austin Jackson, Robert Hunt, and Ereck Flowers are 3 massive guys added to the OL who should bring better Run Blocking, Ballage showed on his 80 yard TD in the Minnesota game if he gets a big hole he can run straight down hill very fast. And finally despite adding Brieda and Howard the guys he’s battling with for a roster spot are Myles Gaskin, Patrick Laird and then maybe Perry or Undrafted guys none of them is a lock to make the roster over him and he will have an opportunity to beat those guys out in the offseason.

We should have drafted a back, perry also seems kind of a player with no real position. I just hope we dont go back to some wildcat bullshit

I'm happy with Brieda,Howard, and the winners of Ballage/Laird/Gaskins/Perry.. I just don't see the point of drafting RB's short of already having a loaded roster.
If at this point your really worried about a third string running back Lamar Miller,Frank Gore,Marshawn Lynch,Carlos Hyde or Devonta Freeman are available.

Ballagio making the team out of camp will be more than surprising ... it would be very disappointing ...

The OL and Blocking scheme was not great which is why we will have 4 maybe 5 starters and a new offensive scheme. That being said, and I posted a thread of it back in the season, the All 22 film is not kind to Ballage. Missed holes, running up his OL back when he should cut. Going down too easily.

If the team didnt think Ballage was the issue you dont go get Breida and Howard. And again while the OL was bad, he was the worst by a wide margin when it came to runs. Hard worker, camp monster, needs to put it together when the pads come on

I know the OL was bad and even Kenyan Drake was struggling but Ballage was a special kind of awful. You would have to expect he is at best competiting for to get the team to justify keeping a fourth HB instead of Cox at FB.

I know the OL was bad and even Kenyan Drake was struggling but Ballage was a special kind of awful. You would have to expect he is at best competiting for to get the team to justify keeping a fourth HB instead of Cox at FB.

Still think he survived due to pass pro

Back
Top Bottom