Kalen Ballage || "me Against The World" || Asu Highlights | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kalen Ballage || "me Against The World" || Asu Highlights

That's a big boy, but he's not going to make anyone miss...more of a battering ram kind of back, someone to pick up those tough short yards. Another thing, I didn't see that speed some of you are talking about, if you compare him to most of us then sure he's fast, but as an NFL player I didn't see blazing fast speed. However, still like the pick for sure.

He reminds a lot of Ronnie Brown. Not just because of all the wildcat either.
That's actually a pretty good comparison. He looks like someone who is physical once he gets a head of steam. Wouldn't necessarily classify him as a move the pile back, but for the fourth round could definitely outplay that draft spot.

He gets to top speed in a hurry when catching checkdowns. Sometimes he's already dealing with trash.

I wish I could've seen more of his blocking.

As a 4th round pick, he's worth it even if he just replaces Damien Williams role and he should have little to no problem doing that.

What worries me about him is his 2.8 yards after contact per rush during his career.

He's not...elusive. But he's fast, gets to his top speed quick, and a hell of a smooth runner. I didn't look as hard at him as I did some other backs in the draft. But in a zone blocking scheme? He could rip off some big runs.

It's funny, I looked at that highlight reel, and the first thing I thought was, "Hell, he reminds me of Robert Smith."

He's not a stop/start runner that jump cuts at the line. He runs through tackles and uses his hands well to fend off defenders. He has a spin move and has the speed to run away from contact once through the line. He is elusive enough to move against the flow of defenders to get to open field. There's not a lot of sparkle to his performance, and that's what "evaluators" want to see.

Like his potential but he runs really upright for RB but he is taller than most. Knock on wood but we had done well drafting RBs in the mid rounds the last few years.

Back
Top Bottom