Kalen Ballage Turning Heads In Tampa, Ready For His Opportunity | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kalen Ballage Turning Heads In Tampa, Ready For His Opportunity

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
idmhjujskwjs72r6oaqf.jpg

For anyone who has watched the Dolphins throughout training camp, what Kalen Ballage did in the joint practice with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Wednesday should have come as no surprise.

There’s a reason, after all, so many folks have been gushing about his work since the team reported to Davie in the final full week of July.

https://www.miamidolphins.com/news/kalen-ballage-turning-heads-in-tampa-ready-for-his-opportunity

He's what i call a "high knee" runner. Lol! But gook for the kid he seems to be making more of his opportunities. I'm still waiting to see the power behind that frame.

Reminds me of Ronnie brown running style except more powerful and better speed.

Brown showed way more power than Ballage who has yet to show any power in his game.
Thats true. Brown would run over people. They both have that upright style

Had my doubts about him running the inside zone which is what I assumed we would be running, both Ballage and Drake look like outside zone runners to me. I wondered if there was an inside zone runner on the team other than the fullback Cox.

Some of the twits said he was running up the middle

Need to see him be more physical and get more yac. he tends to either give up or go down easily when contact is initiated.

“Overall MVP of the two days was Kalen Ballage. I don't know what happened to Kenyan Drake that put him in a walking boot on the second day, he was supposed to practice on the first day and then he just didn't. Whatever it was though, Ballage took MAJOR advantage. Yes there were some drops. But the work he got in the receiving game was more significant than a few drops, IMO. And his running was stellar. He was shifty in the hole, making guys miss in a condensed space. But let's be clear about the real thing he showed off...SPEED. He made angles absolutely melt away by running like his *** was engulfed in flames. These Buccaneers players were NOT ready for his speed. That could've been a practice thing. Whatever it was, he looked like Fred Taylor out there.”

CK had that to say, he was there..impressive endorsement imo.

Ballage will always look great when there is a massive hole to blow through because he is a physical freak. The problem is, you need a guy who has the vision to find the crease and pick up 3, 5, 6 yards. That is where he will consistently let you down.

Ballage will always look great when there is a massive hole to blow through because he is a physical freak. The problem is, you need a guy who has the vision to find the crease and pick up 3, 5, 6 yards. That is where he will consistently let you down.
Don't forget we now have a big FB in Cox to help make some holes for him to run through.

Back
Top Bottom