Kansas City Quarterbacks/passing game coordinator Mike Kafka | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kansas City Quarterbacks/passing game coordinator Mike Kafka

Not only that but you wanna wait and see what happens with New Orleans.

If Tua is supposed to be like Brees then whom better to manage him than someone that comes from that Saints system?
Isn't Dan Campbell there? Not sure his role, or if he'd be open to return to Miami.

True, but to be fair, Manning was a known thing far, far before Gase. Mahomes is a young dude learning his craft, maybe Kafka had something to do with that? (Or Andy Reid)
When has it become Trivial that a players development has so solely rely on a coach, or a group of coaches. Some players are bound to be great, and some are not. Mahomes is pure talent, and in his 2nd year in the league he was able to blow and throw Marino like numbers. If big names were such a commodity for us then all the guys we been hiring to become head coach/coordinator should have brought us Super Bowls because many came from great pedigrees.

Isn't Dan Campbell there? Not sure his role, or if he'd be open to return to Miami.

Return as what? Lol! Give me someone that learned from Sean Payton and played some role as Brees Pass Coordinator.

When has it become Trivial that a players development has so solely rely on a coach, or a group of coaches. Some players are bound to be great, and some are not. Mahomes is pure talent, and in his 2nd year in the league he was able to blow and throw Marino like numbers. If big names were such a commodity for us then all the guys we been hiring to become head coach/coordinator should have brought us Super Bowls because many came from great pedigrees.
I was simply offering another perspective

Throw a ton of cash at him and steal him away from Andy Reid.

Do it now before Eric Bieniemy gets hired as a HC and they elevate Kafka in KC.

He likely turns them down to stay in KC but this guy is the NEXT BIG THING.
Remember only a promotion to HC is protected all others can be denied by the current team even if it's considered a promotion.

If/when Eric Bieniemy lands a HC gig.... Kafka is up for Chiefs OC. That would get him his best shot at eventually becoming a HC.

He'll be a hot name if Bieniemy sticks (almost left last year), but I'm not so sure he does.

Dan Campbell is in NO as Assistant HC/TE Coach and he has had at least one interview for HC (Detroit). I hope he gets a HC job because I think that’s where his skills are best suited. I don’t know that he would make a good OC for the same reason I don’t know if I like Kafka - No play calling experience. If I’m wrong about that please correct me.

Dan Campbell is in NO as Assistant HC/TE Coach and he has had at least one interview for HC (Detroit). I hope he gets a HC job because I think that’s where his skills are best suited. I don’t know that he would make a good OC for the same reason I don’t know if I like Kafka - No play calling experience. If I’m wrong about that please correct me.
Yeah. I don't know either. Liked his leadership and toughness. Players listened to him.

He would probably run an offense more similar to Pittsburgh's. Although that's just speculation based on his personality.

Yeah. I don't know either. Liked his leadership and toughness. Players listened to him.

He would probably run an offense more similar to Pittsburgh's. Although that's just speculation based on his personality.
If we had a setup like KC where there is no OC but a Passing game coordinator and run game coordinator, I’d love Dan back in Miami

If we had a setup like KC where there is no OC but a Passing game coordinator and run game coordinator, I’d love Dan back in Miami
Philadelphia's offense when they beat the Patriots in the super bowl, would seemingly fit Tua perfectly.

That said, I think he could fit in a variety of offensive systems.

I’m hesitant to say anyone that has Patrick Mahomes is the next big coach. That’s like giving credit to Adam Gase in Denver
I understand that, but I have to point out, KC was doing great things of offense well before Mahomes was QB. Mahomes just made a very good offense great. And it's far different from the Gase offense which was just a dropback offense which, with Manning, succeeded in running standard passing plays. Kansas City has the best QB, possibly the best receiving corps, and until the "incident" had a great running back in Hunt, and yet nobody on that offensive staff does anything less than everything they can do to manufacture plays. There is so much misdirection and pre-snap motion built into their plays that it takes maybe the best cast in the league and makes their job pretty easy, which is why they've been so darn good.

My only thing is...Matt Nagy came from that offensive staff and he's just done a terrible job helping his offense manufacture plays. They spent an entire season last year with an inconsistent QB basically doing nothing but standard dropbacks and not providing a running game all year. It was terrible, and with Andy Reid known to be such a guru who has a genuine love and joy in creating offense, I wonder how much responsibility anyone involved in the offense has actually had. But whoever does their offense does a great job and doesn't just rely on great talent.

Back
Top Bottom