Karlos Dansby will not be franchized per Adam Schefter | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Karlos Dansby will not be franchized per Adam Schefter

I would love to have Dansby here and have been saying it for a while.

Dansby would be a perfect addition to the Dolphin defense.

He's never had under 60 tackles in a season, and has had 80 or more in each of his past five seasons; which include back to back 100+ tackle seasons. He's also very good in pass coverage, which will be a benefit to the secondary.

He's also got a tremendous work ethic. He's not once let his pending contract issues get in the way of his work routines, and hasn't let it disrupt the team as a whole.

Bringing him in, adding Crowder, putting perhaps Wake as the rotational guy who disrupts the passer.. I smell success.

sign Dansby, draft Mcclain. move Crowder back to outside Lber. and that is an instant improvement.
thats not a bad Idea except i dont think i would want Dansby and McClain both starting in the middle they are to much a like IMO

1.Sign Dansby,
2.Draft Dez Bryant 1st
3. Hughes, Kindle 2nd
4. Cam Thomas, or Nate Jones in the 3rd....
5. Graham TE 4th round

If we get dansby and draft dez bryant we would need to get a ssolb in the second then cam thomas in the third.

Why does everyone think this kid is the 2nd coming of Ray Lewis? AZ's defense stunk this year. They were getting blown away at the end of the year. If he was so dominant then why did they get run and passed all over? Now would he be our best LB if he is signed - absolutely! BUT please stop talking like he is all world and another Ray Lewis. You DON'T see a Ray Lewis D get crushed. Dansby made 9+M last year. He is going to want top LB money - probably more than Lewis type of money. No way he is in the same breath as him as far as production goes. As an offense you game plan where Lewis will be. I doubt highly anyone game plans around Dansby.

I'm not saying don't get him - I'm just saying you don't break the bank for him because he isn't a game changer. When you run the D and it lets up 40+ points in games you shouldn't be commanding 10M/yr.

I don't believe that ARI will try to re-sign Dansby either. Where they sit at in the draft, they should easily get his cheaper replacement either in Spikes or Weatherspoon.

So Dansby should end up in one of three teams: Miami, NYG, or Redskins.

If we get dansby and draft dez bryant we would need to get a ssolb in the second then cam thomas in the third.

Can't see Cam Thomas falling to the 3rd. Cam THomas would have to be selected at #43. If Cody hasn't been selected yet by the #43 pick, then I can take my chances of letting Cody pass, and trading back up into the bottom of the 2nd round, but we be playing russian roulette if we think one of them will still be there at #74.

Sorry to say, I think we may just need to pass on Bryant at #12, if he is there and go with, (if we can't trade down of course), either NT Dan Williams or the best available OLB/DE prospect.

Whichever we go, I'd say we'd have to select at #43, NT or OLB, whichever we passed on at #12.

The #74 pick should be designated for either FS or the pick we send for Boldin.

Why does everyone think this kid is the 2nd coming of Ray Lewis? AZ's defense stunk this year. They were getting blown away at the end of the year. If he was so dominant then why did they get run and passed all over? Now would he be our best LB if he is signed - absolutely! BUT please stop talking like he is all world and another Ray Lewis. You DON'T see a Ray Lewis D get crushed. Dansby made 9+M last year. He is going to want top LB money - probably more than Lewis type of money. No way he is in the same breath as him as far as production goes. As an offense you game plan where Lewis will be. I doubt highly anyone game plans around Dansby.

I'm not saying don't get him - I'm just saying you don't break the bank for him because he isn't a game changer. When you run the D and it lets up 40+ points in games you shouldn't be commanding 10M/yr.

Have you ever watched him play, or are you just looking up stats on the internet, and judging his play based on the defense as a whole?

He can't control a D-Line not getting to the QB. He can't control whether the DB is going to make a play on the ball or not. In this same argument, Zach Thomas wasn't a stud linebacker.

Have you ever watched him play, or are you just looking up stats on the internet, and judging his play based on the defense as a whole?

He can't control a D-Line not getting to the QB. He can't control whether the DB is going to make a play on the ball or not. In this same argument, Zach Thomas wasn't a stud linebacker.

Exactly. Plus if you just watched their games in the Playoffs, you would know he was the only defensive player that showed up both games for the Cardinals. The guy is a clutch player.

Take it for what it is worth, but it sounds like he has a strong affection for Miami (but thats just one team, money will add more). He's the number #1 priority in the OFFseason.

Big O Show ... http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-karlos-dansby-022101,0,42764.mp3file

See, that makes me wonder.

Do the phins have to be the highest bidder? Or do they have to be somewhat close to the highest bidder?

Dansby seems to be interested in Miami a little more then just the "Business as usual, looking for money" FA. Not saying he would come here cheap. But he might take just a little less to come here. As long as it is reasonable

See, that makes me wonder.

Do the phins have to be the highest bidder? Or do they have to be somewhat close to the highest bidder?

Dansby seems to be interested in Miami a little more then just the "Business as usual, looking for money" FA. Not saying he would come here cheap. But he might take just a little less to come here. As long as it is reasonable

If you were staring down the barrel of a new contract and one of your top teams was Miami you would say exactly the same thing.

I have witnessed this too much in the NFL, a player expresses interest in signing with a team and in the witching hour suddenly another team snatches him up.

Ask me on March 12th if I am excited about Dansby in Miami.

Back
Top Bottom