Karras, Van Noy, Godcheux, how do we let them walk? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Karras, Van Noy, Godcheux, how do we let them walk?

I don't think that is correct. My recollection is that the team was trying to upgrade from Karras to David Andrews, and were not able to get it done (with Andrews agreeing to a 4 year deal to return to NE).

I don't think any team had to "go after Skura." He was just floating around out there. He was plan B, C, or D.
i think we were both a little off. The poster couple below you nailed it but Karras seemingly signed with NE before they signed Andrew’s, right? It was just a weird sequence of events cause he definitely wanted to be here but I think Miami made it clear he wasn’t a priority - which is fine if they were gonna get who they wanted. Unfortunately, they didn’t.

With our anemic line and two solid defenders how does our F.O. Not bring these guys back????? Seems unimaginable..

You’re making a very common mistake here. And that is assuming that because a player is having success elsewhere that he’d be doing the same at his previous destination.

While sometimes there were factors in play that might have made that true (injuries), it is often not the case.

System and scheme fit play a big role. As does surrounding talent.

When Karras was here, he wasn’t a difference maker. Neither was KVN. At least not to the degree that was expected and for the money they were making.

Godchaux had moments in MIA but largely underachieved. Furthermore, is he better than what the Dolphins have right now? Arguably, no.

BTW, Karras is largely enjoying the fruits of better players next to him to cover for his own deficiencies.

Heard on one of the phins podcasts that theses veterans voiced their displeasure when Grier benched Fitz and started Tua. Poof they were let go.

The reality is the Dolphins would have started out 1-7, with or without those three players. None of them play a position well enough to have made a difference in those 8 games, IMO.

With our anemic line and two solid defenders how does our F.O. Not bring these guys back????? Seems unimaginable..
You didn't notice that the salary cap went DOWN this year? Cuts had to be made.

Not to mention I got very tired the last few years of seeing Godchaux getting shoved around by opposing OLinemen. He got moved more than a Publix shopping cart.

Any player can be great in the right system. Ex. Patriots turn nobody's into super stars

When Karras was here, he wasn’t a difference maker.

BTW, Karras is largely enjoying the fruits of better players next to him to cover for his own deficiencies.

The problem is the guys on our OL now are difference makers - they are so bad that just having someone mediocre like Karras would be a huge step up.

The reality is the Dolphins would have started out 1-7, with or without those three players. None of them play a position well enough to have made a difference in those 8 games, IMO.

I don’t care about KVN and especially not Godcheaux but it’s worth considering if we kept Flowers/Karras our OL wouldn’t be so putrid and we may not have lost Tua for a few games… I mean, we currently having a completely different starting 5 than we did last year (AJ and Hunt are playing new positions). It’s foolish to think some kind of continuity from last year wouldn’t have made a difference.

Better players? I'd take Waddle, Tua, Gesicki and Parker (when healthy) as weapons over NE. Yeah they have better RB unit but I've been beefing about that since the Draft. OL is better as well but I'd take the players I've listed over their QB, TE and WRs.
I wasn't talking about their skill positions. I was talking about their o-line and defense. Their o-line blows away the Dolphins o-line. Karras does play on the o-line right? Last time I checked he wasn't a QB, WR, or TE.

The problem is the guys on our OL now are difference makers - they are so bad that just having someone mediocre like Karras would be a huge step up.

I don’t care about KVN and especially not Godcheaux but it’s worth considering if we kept Flowers/Karras our OL wouldn’t be so putrid and we may not have lost Tua for a few games… I mean, we currently having a completely different starting 5 than we did last year (AJ and Hunt are playing new positions). It’s foolish to think some kind of continuity from last year wouldn’t have made a difference.

Interesting points I had not considered.

IDK what the salary cap ramifications might have been, but assuming they could have kept one or both those lineman you might be right about the impact.

Interesting points I had not considered.

IDK what the salary cap ramifications might have been, but assuming they could have kept one or both those lineman you might be right about the impact.
Grier gambled on Fuller for about the same cost as Flowers - Karras is paid peanuts, we could have made it work.

I would have agreed I would expect the OL to take a step forward this year and the coaching definitely caused the regression… but even with better coaching, they still have essentially 5 new guys in 5 new positions. You simply can’t do that.

But we do. We have the worst OL in the NFL Run blocking and pass blocking it was on ESPN with stats tonight. On the Defensive side of the ball we are just now starting to play lights out. But for 8 games we were in the abyss with their heads up their ***.
Karras wasn’t **** when he was in town. I don’t agree with your other comment.

Back
Top Bottom