kastofsna mock #2 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

kastofsna mock #2

Nappy Roots said:
they still got a horrible rush defense. so someone is on their way out.
hartwell has been out all year. he will be back and that will help a lot. none of those guys are going anywhere. safety is where they are the weakest.

kastofsna120 said:
1 Houston - reggie bush, RB, USC
2 New Orleans - matt leinart, QB, USC
3 Green Bay - haloti ngata, DT, oregon
4 N.Y. Jets - deangelo williams, RB, memphis
5 San Francisco - a.j. hawk, OLB, ohio state
6 Tennessee - d'brickashaw ferguson, T, virginia
7 Oakland - mario williams, DE, nc state
8 Arizona - vince young, QB, texas
8 St. Louis - michael huff, S, texas
10 Detroit - mathias kiwanuka, DE, boston college
11 Buffalo - winston justice, T, USC
11 Cleveland - jimmy williams, CB, vatech
13 Philadelphia - santonio holmes, WR, ohio state
14 Baltimore - joe thomas, T, wisconsin,
15 Miami - jay cutler, QB, vanderbilt
16 Minnesota - laurence maroney, RB, minnesota
17 Atlanta - demeco ryans, LB, alabama
18 Kansas City - chad greenway, LB, iowa
19 Dallas - max jean-giles, G, georgia
20 San Diego - laron landry, S, LSU
21 Denver f/Was - vernon davis, TE, maryland
22 Carolina - derek hagan, WR, arizona state
23 Tampa Bay - marcus mcniel, T, auburn
24 New England - alan zemaitis, CB, PSU
25 Pittsburgh - lendale white, RB, USC
25 N.Y. Giants - claude wroten, LSU, DT
27 Chicago - sinorice moss, WR, miami
28 Cincinnati - tamba hali, DE, penn state
29 Jacksonville - anthony smith, S, syracuse
30 Denver - darnell bing, S, USC
31 Seattle - chad jackson, WR, florida
32 Indianapolis - thomas howard, LB, UTEP

looking back on it, it's pretty bad, but whatever, i'll make a new one later on

i think GB has the 2nd pick with Saints having number 1 choosing Leinart and the PAck getting Bush and letting Ahman Green Go

Wasn't as good as projected. He had like 700 yards recieving and 10td's. It was his best year of his career.

Not saying that causes him to trump Davis, but that was a poor defense.
so? he still hasn't lived up to expectations
LightsOut said:
falcons won't take a LB. they already got hartwell, brooking, williams, and boley. landry would be a better pick for them.
yeah that makes sense

You must have had ridiculous expectations for Mercedes Lewis then. He had more catches and twice as many TD's as Vernon Davis.

Having said that, I do expect Davis to go before Lewis. Mostly because he'll have much better workout numbers, not because he's a better player.

Also, I think Deangelo Williams will drop in the draft. Just a gut feeling. There's almost always a RB that drops further than expected on draft day....I think Deangelo will be the one this year.

LIQUID24 said:
Also, I think Deangelo Williams will drop in the draft. Just a gut feeling. There's almost always a RB that drops further than expected on draft day....I think Deangelo will be the one this year.

i agree with the fact that it happens. but it will be Maroney IMO. he will drop to the bottom of the first

williams won't drop after that bowl game and after a solid senior bowl. if anything his stock has just gotten higher

kastofsna120 said:
so? he still hasn't lived up to expectations

yeah that makes sense

he won the Mackey Award(best TE)
he owns most if not all UCLA TE records
he was named to numerous all-american teams
he led the team in rec. tds, yards, receptions.

may i ask what your expectations are/were?

The only thing I really disagree with is Sinorice Moss. I have Chicago taking a TE at that spot and I think Moss is a 2nd rounder.

Never know, its still very hard to predict where everyone will go. Im also glad to see you have Max JeanGiles higher on your board. There were a lot of mocks on here that didnt have him in the 1st round that I greatly disagreed with.
Also Alan Zemaitis might be a little high IMO. I think that would be a great pick for NE, but Zemaitis right now is a 2nd rounder.

i'll add notes to the next mock i make, like why i think guys like zemaitis goes so high (good combine, NE is known for reaching in the first, etc). i also left out a few people, but whatever, i did it off the top of my head

I think it is a pretty good mock. Not so sure about Ngata going that high. I came away very UNIMPRESSED after watching him last night.

I am still torn on whether I want Miami taking Cutler with their first pick. Some days I like it, others I would rather take a player that will contribute from day one... like a Chad Greenway for example.

Jay Cutler's a nice flashy pick but I find it hard to believe they'd pass on Greenway or Ryans if either made it to #15, no matter who else was on the board...unless of course we got Julian Peterson. Then ok, I get ya :)

Back
Top Bottom