Kay-Jay Harris Confident | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kay-Jay Harris Confident

minorfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
In today's Palm Beach Post:

"They took 25 running backs ahead of me," said Harris, one of at least 12 undrafted free agents to agree to a contract with the Dolphins. "I was top 10 the whole time. Not hearing my name called has made me bitter."

"To me, the Dolphins got a steal," said Harris, who slipped because he's 26 years old and has durability concerns. "I just feel for the 16 teams that are on that schedule. I have so much to unleash and I'll do it between the white lines."

Harris, who ran for 337 yards and four touchdowns against East Carolina in West Virginia's season opener in 2005, is convinced he'll be in Miami's running back rotation.

"I could have run for 500 yards in that game," Harris said. "We had 11 minutes left. You know, I have so much to prove now. With me and Ronnie Brown, our styles are alike, with our size and speed. We can take it 80 yards on any play. We can be a one-two punch on the AFC."

I like it! This could be a beastly backfield!

how would you like that...we get ricky back and both RB's turn into stelar runners for us... our back field could be like the steelers are healthy....or better

He needs to take that bitterness and use it in the weight room. If he does, he'll be a beast. Teams will fear Ronnie taking a breather almost as much as him staying in the game. :)

Any chance he plays FB this year? Hes not much smaller than Heath Evans, who was signed to play FB earlier in the offseason. Hes probably bigger then Sammy Morris, whose a RB/FB hybrid.

Im not sure how good of a blocker he is, but then again, I dont know how much blocking he was required to do in college. Compared to our other FB's, he seems to have the measurables.

Don't let the Senior Bowl ruin his career. Carnell Williams got hurt in the Senior Bowl, do you want to Label him as an Injury Prone Player. Stovall had a reverse, where he went back and forth, back and forth, and made it into the endzone, one of the best individual plays I had ever seen, he went undrafted. Please, I like this guy, I am on his bandwagon to make this team, because he will HELP (in caps) our Salary Cap, and be a big time player for us.

Jimmy James said:
He needs to take that bitterness and use it in the weight room. If he does, he'll be a beast. Teams will fear Ronnie taking a breather almost as much as him staying in the game. :)

agrred - i'd rather spell brown with a big bruiser instead of a change of pace back like minor - just keep it coming

infiltrateib said:
No offense Kay-Jay, but please see the Senior Bowl footage.

Agreed. Look, the guy can't be bitter. Those players know that they have to show up in that game. He was awful. He got most of the carries because Cadillac didn't play and he looked real bad. Campbell, Swancutt and Sproles raised their stocks big time by showing up.He shouldn't be bitter. He's lucky he's still getting his shot, let's hope he makes the most of it.

my goodness we could go from the worst running game, and the lafing stock of the NFL. to a FEARED RUNNING POWERHOUSE.
GOD I LOVE IT.

Harris will give us a running threat for when Brown comes out for a breathe so teams cannot stop playing the run even when Brown comes out

Back
Top Bottom