Kay Jay Harris reminds me of Earl Campbell! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kay Jay Harris reminds me of Earl Campbell!

raving

Active Roster
Reaction score
Oh my goodness! I do not follow college football (two babies and a business) Someone posted that video of him crushing through the Temple team on a cold afternoon in WV. This guy is a candidate to run right through his jersey. I love this kind of runner. I guy that smashes you in the mouth and runs you over like a mack truck barreling down a mountainside!

I am telling you that this team is gonna get it on. I have followed the Dolphins my whole life - like many of you out there I joined the bandwagon at the tender age of 6 when I saw them lose to Dallas in the 1971-72 superbowl. At 7 I watched them go 17 and O. And living in the DC area - even then it sweet to watch them smack the Redskins. That was magical.

And so is this!

Saban is bringing it on like nobody's business. He is on fire. And he has and is gonna light a fire under some people ARSES! Think about it! Roth, Taylor, Thomas, Seau, Crowder, Poole, Carter, Holliday, (my boy) Bua flying around, like rotweillers on gunpowder and redmeat:fire: !

Saban's team is going to look alot like the 72 dolphins, Csonka, Kiick and morris

And we are all building really nice castles in the air. Did you see harris in the senior bowl? Just wait till he makes the team, and then wait til he actually plays. Dont compare two unproven rookies to two hall of famers.

I am so happy that Coach Saban understands that if you have a big powerful running back, and your plays are set up for a big back......Don't have Travis Minor as your back up.....jeez, how stupid was that? Go Kay Jay!!!!

So do yall think Kay Jay and Ronnie Brown will share the ball the whole season?

Thank you for the USA today page.

That was very nice to see, because what I have noticed in a very big way is that Saban is totally a character evaluator and assessor. All the players that he has brought to Miami have a certain high moral charachter and often are over achievers, fiercely competitive, and have worked hard to have a second opportunity, but have never really been away from the game.

His openness to Ricky is right on - as I posted before because although Ricky failed the team, it is not Ricky's fault that the last coaching regime failed our illustrious organization. So Ricky may return, to get off the hook for the 8.5 mill + make a million or 2 with the option for more - or just get out. If he gets the fire and plays like an animal were golden - if not who cares...

Boston is the same deal except his violence at an airport terminal toward a security worker does put him in slightly different category. What he did in that moment was actually much more morally reprehensable then what Ricky did.

So Saban's plan is not just physical - it is very psychological. For that he clearly operates at the next level.

DolphinFan_55 said:
So do yall think Kay Jay and Ronnie Brown will share the ball the whole season?
i think ronnie will get a brunt of the carries but just when i defense thought they were safe Saban puts in Harris and punishes those b!tches

what was his combine stats....not that it really matters but i would like to know

I think Kay Jay Harris will be lucky to make the roster. Earl Campbell? I'm sure if he was that good he would have been drafted.

Quelonio said:
And we are all building really nice castles in the air. Did you see harris in the senior bowl? Just wait till he makes the team, and then wait til he actually plays. Dont compare two unproven rookies to two hall of famers.

On the Senior Bowl performance: Kay Jay had 30 of the total 80 rushing yards in a game that historically favors defense due to the time it takes to develope running schemes, while on defense it is easy to come straight ahead with little practice time. In my opinion it is unfair to judge a back in a game in which there was only 160 TOTAL rushing yards.

I think Kay Jay Harris will be lucky to make the roster.
You obviously know nothing about Kay Jay Harris....AT ALL!!

He is one of the best runners on this dolphin team, him and ronnie will be sharing carries for most of the season i say!

DolphinFan_55 said:
You obviously know nothing about Kay Jay Harris....AT ALL!!

He is one of the best runners on this dolphin team, him and ronnie will be sharing carries for most of the season i say!

Why? Well if Kay Jay Harris is such a good RB why did no team draft him? It's a no risk move but I think it's crazy to think Kay Jay Harris will do anything, he's not even guranteed to make the roster, and if he does make the team chances are he'll contribute on special teams if anything at all.

Being a Dolphin and Mountie fan I'm ecstatic over Kay Jay signing with Miami. I think he has enough ability to be a pro bowler.

That said, Earl Campbell was one of a kind and I've never seen anyone like him. That includes Kay Jay.

Back
Top Bottom