KC players to AFC east question | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

KC players to AFC east question

Mo Lewis

Starter
Reaction score
It seems like most dolphin fans are happy with green (not what they gave up for him) and feel that he will get back to 2005 form.

Flying under the radar, the jets signed DE Eric Hicks from KC. In 2006 he didnt play alot, but if you look at his stats at KC from 2000-2005 he averaged 45 tackles and 7 sacks.

Both Green and Hicks had subpar seasons in 2006. Isnt it fair to say that if you believe that Green will bounce back at age 37, then Hicks can just as easily bounce back at age 31?

[admin]Leave the trolling in the Depths. Thanks[/admin]

It seems like most dolphin fans are happy with green (not what they gave up for him) and feel that he will get back to 2005 form.

Flying under the radar, the jets signed DE Eric Hicks from KC. In 2006 he didnt play alot, but if you look at his stats at KC from 2000-2005 he averaged 45 tackles and 7 sacks.

Both Green and Hicks had subpar seasons in 2006. Isnt it fair to say that if you believe that Green will bounce back at age 37, then Hicks can just as easily bounce back at age 31?

I don't know if you can take this particular guy's six-year sample and call it his 'norm'.

He had 14 sacks in 2000. But from '03-'05, he averaged just under 5. I think you'd be fortunate to get that guy. There may have been some reason for the doughnut he put up last year. But the 14 sack guy left years before that.

More likely, he's being brought in to compete for time at DE in the Jets 3-4, which is much different than DE in Gunther Cunningham's 4-3. He'll probably see time inside on passing downs. He's got the right body. If there's still some quickness left, he might work out.

The philosophy this offseason was to bring in as many guys as possible and hope one or 2 stick. We also brought in Andre Wadsowrth out of retirment and Michael haynes a top pick a few years ago. I like the thinking, these are low risk signings that maybe 1 of them turns out to be something but I wouldn't count on any of them being here in September.

The philosophy this offseason was to bring in as many guys as possible and hope one or 2 stick. We also brought in Andre Wadsowrth out of retirment and Michael haynes a top pick a few years ago. I like the thinking, these are low risk signings that maybe 1 of them turns out to be something but I wouldn't count on any of them being here in September.

how is wadsworth looking? (curious nole fan)

Back
Top Bottom