KC trade? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

KC trade?

Heres the question i think should be asked

Is the bridge between miami and patrick surtain being burnt down? Because we all know once the bridge is burnt down, so is his trade value.

The #2 pick is worth 2600 pts. Pat Surtain would be worth a 2nd rd. pick between 270 - 580 points. I'll say 400 for argument sake. A total of 3000 points.
The trade your suggesting: KC's #15 is worth 1050, #46 is worth 440, #1 next year gets the value points of a number 2 this year between 270 - 580. Lets say 580. Total 2070. I dont mind giving up a little, but the 930 points we would lose is worth the #18 pick in this years draft along with all of that.

jmorgan6977 said:
Maybe we give them surtain swap 1st rounders and get there 2nd this year and atleast 2nd next year

J-MO

Not a good trade ... you are basically giving them Surtain for their 2nd, and trading our 1st(#2 overall) for their 1st (#15 overall). They would have to give up several picks in 2005 & '06 for us to get equal value. I'd take their #1 in '06 or a package of all their day one picks in '05 and a package of picks in '06. Otherwise no, I wouldnt make that deal.

You guys all want fair value for Pat, but I think you are forgetting that after this year he walks and we get nothing. I think giving him up with our 3rd to get another first this year would not be a bad trade. Then we could trade down with either or both 1st round picks to get more picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. The bottom line is we need more picks. If we could end up with 4 or 5 first day picks I would be happy with that.

The Cheifs would be ripping us off big time if we even do that trade. I think as the draft gets closer and closer the Chefis will start to talk to Surtain, and a deal should be done a few days before the draft.

KC is stingy as hell. They don't want to give up a second rounder or meet the demands of Surtain. They are still waiting on Ty Law to rehab his injury and until then we won't know if they still want Surtain. It's not going to happen unless it's the last option for KC.

Back
Top Bottom