Kdawg's Extremely Early 2018 Dolphins Roster/Cap Projections | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Kdawg's Extremely Early 2018 Dolphins Roster/Cap Projections

I don't know, apparently we tried for the last two off-seasons to get Richard Sherman. You would hope that with the way Xavien Howard is playing and with the promise that Lippett/Tankersley have shown that we will try to keep developing those guys, but I could definitely see Miami swinging a trade for Sherman or somebody.

On the subject of safeties, Nate Allen is still under contract, right? He actually played pretty well at FS before he got hurt. I think a lot of the team's pass coverage issues could be mitigated by going to Dime looks with McDonald, Jones, and Allen in the mix.

Jones and McDonald are strong enough in run support that it would be viable, IMO.

Allen signed a 1 year deal. He was pretty "jagish" this year but that isn't necessarily a bad thing IMO. His injury history should make him a very cheap resign and one that we probably should do if everything checks out physically.

Lamarcus Joyner is out there, but will significantly more expensive.

Graham will get better offers than 1-2 year prove it deals. His production was down in Seattle, but anybody who sits down and watches all of his Seahawks film will blame OC Darrell Bevell for that a lot more than Graham.

I personally believe that Miami will make a serious run at him. I'm not sure if that's good or bad, honestly. Although I think he would be an immediate impact upgrade, paying him and Landry would really FUBAR the team's cap situation. And I think we're paying Landry.

One of those situations where Miami's name will certainly be in the conversation in regards to Graham. He definitely would be a welcome addition to the TE group . . . but 2/17 . . . 3/25 . . . if he gets offered like 3/35 or something crazy then Miami has to pass. I still haven't got my pulse on that contract yet.

Graham will get better offers than 1-2 year prove it deals. His production was down in Seattle, but anybody who sits down and watches all of his Seahawks film will blame OC Darrell Bevell for that a lot more than Graham.

I personally believe that Miami will make a serious run at him. I'm not sure if that's good or bad, honestly. Although I think he would be an immediate impact upgrade, paying him and Landry would really FUBAR the team's cap situation. And I think we're paying Landry.

Thats what am getting at because of the cap. With Landrys deal or Franchise Tag it will definitely put a dent or minimize our cap salary so why not give Jimmy a 1 year or 2 year contract. Am also counting on Jimmys Agent to convince him to come to the Phins since the head bosses have the same agent as him. I have this feeling he will be a dolphin next year and with him here our offense will be BETTER offensively than this year

I agree that the Sexton connection is real, and will absolutely be one of the factors that pushes Miami into that sweepstakes, but even that isn't going to convince a guy to take a 1-2 year budget deal when teams will be bidding heavily for his services.

I'd stay far away from Sherman. I believe he's having yet another surgery and do we need yet another head case? When will we learn? Roll with Tank, Howard and Lippett. Stop with the over spending on older, injured guys with bad attitudes already

Ozzy rules!!

Yea man, if he falls in your lap at 11, the opportunity is too grand. Gase wants to do things like run the football and set up screens and give his QB time . . . LG has been a hole since we let Incognito left . . . would be one hell of a way to fill it.

And trust me their is a DE like Ferrell that I really like or a few secondary prospects, but this LG is just too intriguing to pass up and I am a guy that is usually against guards in the top 15.

It's such a gaping hole and Nelson has pro bowl potential so that would definitely make sense. He would be an immediate, huge upgrade.

I do think the team would like to take a complete DE there, but don't know if that player will exist. Taven Bryan is someone who might be a wildcard pick. I think his best position might be DE.

Thanks for the effort and time put into it.

Might need a update now that Cutler has called it a career at least with the Fins (IMO its a wrap overall).

I know we all hate those splash signings but for once I'd like to see us attach and grab a premier player.

It's such a gaping hole and Nelson has pro bowl potential so that would definitely make sense. He would be an immediate, huge upgrade.

I do think the team would like to take a complete DE there, but don't know if that player will exist. Taven Bryan is someone who might be a wildcard pick. I think his best position might be DE.

On that last part - nah. He's a cookie cutter 4-3 DT. No edge in his game. He goes through - not around.

It's too bad DT is one of the few positions on the roster that I can't justify a pick at 11 on, besides maybe SS. And it looks like that problem might actually present itself - where BPA at 11 is at the bottom of the needs list. I'll throw WR (Sutton if Landry is resigned) and QB out there too.

I'm not oozing confidence about that 1st rounder, that's for sure.

Thanks for the effort and time put into it.

Might need a update now that Cutler has called it a career at least with the Fins (IMO its a wrap overall).

I know we all hate those splash signings but for once I'd like to see us attach and grab a premier player.

We'll see come May. Resigning Cutler today sort of puts a dent in any smokescreen QB Miami talk. We'll find out for sure.

We did that splash signing with Suh . . .in his prime and best at his position.

Looking at the FA list, the only player that fits that bill is Leveon Bell.

On that last part - nah. He's a cookie cutter 4-3 DT. No edge in his game. He goes through - not around.

It's too bad DT is one of the few positions on the roster that I can't justify a pick at 11 on, besides maybe SS. And it looks like that problem might actually present itself - where BPA at 11 is at the bottom of the needs list. I'll throw WR (Sutton if Landry is resigned) and QB out there too.

I'm not oozing confidence about that 1st rounder, that's for sure.
I hear you. BPA could also be a running back like Barkley or Guice.

btw, some people were saying he was staying in school but he's not

136926.jpg

USC redshirt sophomore QB Sam Darnold will forego his final two years of eligibility to enter the 2018 NFL Draft.

Two huge quarterback declarations broke over the wire just minutes apart, with UCLA's Josh Rosen announcing his intentions followed shortly thereafter by Darnold. Those two are counted by most outlets as the top draft-eligible quarterbacks in the country. Darnold (6'4/215) passed for 4,143 yards with a 26/13 TD/INT ratio during the 2017 season. He struggled with turnovers during his redshirt sophomore campaign, but even so, routinely flashed a big arm and beyond the requisite passing tools, possesses an underrated mobility and athleticism which allows him to make big-boy throws while on the run. While there was much talk that Darnold needed another year of seasoning at USC, the talented-but-still-developing quarterback will be in play to be drafted No. 1 overall this spring.

Ozzy rules!!

IMO if they go after Graham, they do it because they think he will replace Landry as the go to option.

Back
Top Bottom