FB - Clay/Messam
TE - Fasano/Egnew/Mastrud
WR - Floyd/Bess/Hartline/Givens/Gates
LT - Long
LG - Incognito/Garner
OC - Pouncey/Cook
RG - Hicks/Jerry
RT - Murtha/Datko

Defense (I'll do the 4-3 alignment, though I'm sure we'll see a bunch of everything)

DE - Wake/Vernon
DL - Soliai/Baker
DL - Starks/Mcdaniel
DE - Odrick/Merling

OLB - Burnett/Irvin
MLB - Dansby
OLB - Misi/Westerman

CB - Davis/Smith/Hosley/Wilson/Carroll
SS - Jones/Culver
FS - Marshall/Clemmons

P - Fields
K - Carpenter
LS - Denney

Left 3 spots open on defense for a backup MLB/backup OLB (better in coverage as the 2 backups are pass rushers)/backup NT

A draft like this solves WR, pass catching TE, QB, nickel CB, returner and gives us some young options as situational pass rushers. Still need the OLine to gel but I'm hoping the switch to a ZBS makes it less needy to have superstars on the OL and more important to have heady guys who can work together as a unit. Having the 2 most important pieces in place should go a long way in to making that happen.

I understand I gave us some value with Datko and Vernon late, but just a hunch that both guys could be there. Givens in the third is probably accurate. Hosley may be the one I stretched on but we'll see. Egnew could be late 4th, I'm not tossing around trades so we'll see. Irvin in round 4 is probably right as well.

The biggest hope would be that Misi can transition to the 4-3 OLB role smoothly and have success . . . maybe go after Te'o next year.

Thoughts?? Stuck with mainly "name" players as I don't watch nearly enough small school prospects so it wouldn't be fair for me to toss them in my mock like I truly know their strengths and weaknesses.

I like it. I think it's risky as hell hoping Weeden makes it to our 2nd round pick, but if that happened and we ended up with both Weeden and Floyd, you'd be hard pressed to find many people complaining about the draft...

Well done. I just cringe at our OG spots.

I like floyd a lot, but If we could deCastro in a trade down and pick up another 2nd or 3rd, I'd be ok taking 2 WR in the second and third, as this draft is fairly deep at WR.

I like it. I think it's risky as hell hoping Weeden makes it to our 2nd round pick, but if that happened and we ended up with both Weeden and Floyd, you'd be hard pressed to find many people complaining about the draft...

Yep, I can't predict trades though . . . but you can imagine I'll be bitching the whole time about Miami's lack of a move to secure a QB until Weeden falls in their laps :lol:

Well done. I just cringe at our OG spots.

I like floyd a lot, but If we could deCastro in a trade down and pick up another 2nd or 3rd, I'd be ok taking 2 WR in the second and third, as this draft is fairly deep at WR.

The thought of passing up a playmaker like Floyd for a 3rd top 15 pick on the OLine makes me cringe too :lol:

I like Decastro, but with a switch to a ZBS, Miami is better off finding guys who fit the system more than investing high first round picks on more linemen. We have a serious void at playmaker on this offense. That needs to be filled.

I can dig it. I'd be alright with Chase Ford or DeAngelo Peterson too if Egnew is off the board.

True. I guess you can't expect different (better) results if you don't change the way things have done that got you to this point in the first place.

After Fleeners showing at his pro day, how tempting would it be to nab him and have a big, tall, fast seem busting TE for once? He's definitely not making it out of the first now.

True. I guess you can't expect different (better) results if you don't change the way things have done that got you to this point in the first place.

After Fleeners showing at his pro day, how tempting would it be to nab him and have a big, tall, fast seem busting TE for once? He's definitely not making it out of the first now.

I wouldn't sleep on Egnew, he's still rough around the edges but he has real solid athleticism and can be that "seam buster" at TE. He needs to add more weight to his frame and get with a coach who can teach him some technique but that hasn't stopped Jimmy Graham from dominating in the NFL.

Fleener's a beast though, I honestly never expected him to see the first round while many others did, but yea that pro day probably locked it up for him. He has a ton of upside.

No way we draft Weeden and sit him for a year or two. If we pick him he will be expected to start right away due to his age. I like the two WR's in the mock.

If the draft turned out like that I would be pretty stoked.

Good job dude.

1(8). Michael Floyd - WR - Notre Dame
2(42). Brandon Weeden - QB - Oklahoma State
3(72). Jayron Hosley - CB - Va Tech
3(73). Chris Givens - WR - Wake Forest
4(102). Bruce Irvin - OLB/DE - West Va
5(136). Michael Egnew - TE - Mizzou
6(185). Andrew Datko - OT - FSU
7(198). Olivier Vernon - DE - Miami

Offense (not necessarily a depth chart)

QB - Moore/Garrard/Weeden
RB - Bush/Thomas/Slaton
FB - Clay/Messam
TE - Fasano/Egnew/Mastrud
WR - Floyd/Bess/Hartline/Givens/Gates
LT - Long
LG - Incognito/Garner
OC - Pouncey/Cook
RG - Hicks/Jerry
RT - Murtha/Datko

Defense (I'll do the 4-3 alignment, though I'm sure we'll see a bunch of everything)

DE - Wake/Vernon
DL - Soliai/Baker
DL - Starks/Mcdaniel
DE - Odrick/Merling

OLB - Burnett/Irvin
MLB - Dansby
OLB - Misi/Westerman

CB - Davis/Smith/Hosley/Wilson/Carroll
SS - Jones/Culver
FS - Marshall/Clemmons

P - Fields
K - Carpenter
LS - Denney

Left 3 spots open on defense for a backup MLB/backup OLB (better in coverage as the 2 backups are pass rushers)/backup NT

A draft like this solves WR, pass catching TE, QB, nickel CB, returner and gives us some young options as situational pass rushers. Still need the OLine to gel but I'm hoping the switch to a ZBS makes it less needy to have superstars on the OL and more important to have heady guys who can work together as a unit. Having the 2 most important pieces in place should go a long way in to making that happen.

I understand I gave us some value with Datko and Vernon late, but just a hunch that both guys could be there. Givens in the third is probably accurate. Hosley may be the one I stretched on but we'll see. Egnew could be late 4th, I'm not tossing around trades so we'll see. Irvin in round 4 is probably right as well.

The biggest hope would be that Misi can transition to the 4-3 OLB role smoothly and have success . . . maybe go after Te'o next year.

Thoughts?? Stuck with mainly "name" players as I don't watch nearly enough small school prospects so it wouldn't be fair for me to toss them in my mock like I truly know their strengths and weaknesses.

I like it. You're mock is similar to what I'm hoping happens, especially in the top 4 rounds.

I like it but I would probably replace Weeden with Cousins if we don't draft one in the first round. I know Weeden has a great arm but I'm concerned about his foot work and the WCO needs a quarterback who can bootleg and has some mobility.

I like it but I would probably replace Weeden with Cousins if we don't draft one in the first round. I know Weeden has a great arm but I'm concerned about his foot work and the WCO needs a quarterback who can bootleg and has some mobility.

I think Weeden is a real good candidate to run a west coast offense. Mobility does not make a West Coast QB. Sure, many successful West Coast QB's have had mobility but even more important is a quick release and accuracy and Weeden has both of those. Plus, despite not being mobile, he has good pocket presence.

I just don't think Miami should settle for a lesser prospect in Cousins because he may fit the West Coast offense more. Weeden is superior in almost every way when compared to Kirk Cousins and who knows the levels he can reach with solid NFL coaching. Despite being 28, he still has room to get better . . . he is not a finished product.

I do like Cousins, but you can't sell me or most of the fanbase that you (Ireland and Philbin) honestly thought Kirk Cousins was a better option than Matt Flynn. I dunno, I ride with the Fins either way but I could see it being a long season between Ireland and the fanbase.

Back
Top Bottom